PDA

View Full Version : District Championship La Grange (5-4.3-1) @ Cuero (8-1 4-0)

Leopardfan201
10-29-2022, 12:22 PM
La Grange coming off a big win over Gonzales 50-18 and Cuero Destroying Smithville 61-16 I believe..everyone thought at the beginning of the season it would be Smithville and Cuero for district Title..but with 12 starters back from last year I knew it would be La Grange..so whr here Cuero is a Awesome team with 1 lone to a top 5 team In Division 1 4A all of La Grange loses have come to state ranked teams besides Smithville with a combined record of 23-4 so whr battle tested if we can keep this close til the 3rd Quarter u never know but give me Cuero by 3 to 4 scores all but respect for the Cuero program

Pudlugger
10-29-2022, 01:09 PM
La Grange has played top teams all season and they gave Bellville their best test thus far. Injuries have been a problem, but guys have really stepped up to fill the gaps and the team is playing really good football right now.I realize Cuero is loaded and has steam rolled pretty much everyone so far, but the Leps could make a game of it. Obviously, the Gobblers are the favorites but with a little luck maybe....?

Old Green
10-31-2022, 09:07 AM
Glad to see the Leopards getting healthy in time for the playoffs. Both teams need this game to work out the kinks. I think the Leopards will put the Gobbler secondary to the test. They have been burned several times so far for long gains or TD’s this season. Utmost respect to the Leopards.

Leopardfan201
10-31-2022, 12:21 PM
La Grange has been playing better for a few weeks our loses we whr thr until mistakes started happening..bellville we whr in it till late 4th and held bellville to thr lowest scoring output so far this season at 24 and Columbus and Lago Vista we whr in it until mid 3rd and Smithville we weren't ready to play and defense has been awesome only allowing 194 points all year..this game will be Speed vs Speed bcs both teams are fast but Cuero is so great we will see wat happens

Pudlugger
10-31-2022, 11:20 PM
One player that emerged from the bench to become a standout is senior running back CJ Davis number 6. He had a big night against Gonzales with several long gainers and a KO return for a td. His speed and agility are really impressive, and it is surprising we haven't seen much of him until recently.
Another thing I noticed about our game last Friday was no senseless unsportsmanlike penalties that have been plaguing the Leps all season often coming at the worst times like after a sack on 3rd and long etc. It appears that discipline has greatly unproved now that all the chips are on the table. Hopefully this will continue into the next week when we face the Gobblers who will no doubt deliver a punishing smashmouth game. If the Leps keep their cool avoid costly penalties and hold onto the football they are going to be competitive in this game.

Scoop27
11-01-2022, 08:14 PM
Leopard Football game change. Due the possibly of inclement weather Friday. The La Grange at Cuero football game has been moved up to Thursday at 7:30

Corn Cob
11-04-2022, 11:09 AM
🦗 crickets 🦗

Pudlugger
11-04-2022, 11:51 AM
LG played a great first half doing what they needed to do to stay in the game with Cuero meaning no turnovers, few penalties, getting some stops on 3rd downs and good special teams play for field position. After the half Cuero made some very good changes in the defense and essentially shut the Leps down and ran away with the game like they have done all season. Proud to say the Leps had them in a stalemate for 24 minutes, but they had too much physicality and athleticism to contain for 4 quarters. Is that better Corn Cob?

Corn Cob
11-04-2022, 12:29 PM
Perfect, thanks. Go Leps, good luck in the playoffs!