PDA

View Full Version : 3A football

justafan_02
03-25-2003, 10:24 AM
Lets talk some 3A football. Who are the teams in 3A for 2003???

Phil C
03-25-2003, 10:35 AM
Everman has to be No. 1 until (and that is a possibility that may not happen) they are eliminated from the 2003 playoffs. They have been state champions that last two years and were the state finalist the year before so until they lose a playoff game they should be No. 1. They have a great tradition now and they have classy coaches, players, and fans.

Keith7
03-25-2003, 01:34 PM
what if they start off the season 0-5.. then will they still be number 1 until they are eliminated in the play offs?

Phil C
03-25-2003, 02:28 PM
Why sure Keith. Remember they lost one game in district early and still won the state championship. Until they are gone they are not gone. :)

cunbed10
03-25-2003, 02:28 PM
Everman
Burnet
Bandera
Marlin
Forney
This is my pre-season picks for obvious reasons, it's not popular but it's the most pure rating in a 3A Football players eye sight. Now after the first 3 games this could change but I am willing to bet that at least one of these teams will win the 2003 state championship.

jason
03-25-2003, 04:59 PM
same teams as above....different order, except for everman...i'll let keith guess who i think is #2...

VWG
03-25-2003, 10:40 PM
I think that in Region I Everman is by far heads above the rest of the field. I think too many people aren't looking at Greenwood though, as they return a good core of players. Ballinger has a good track record with Posey coming back.
Sweetwater needs to rebound after losing Carillo and Squires... and I think the same can be said for Abilene Wylie. Both teams will make the playoffs but depending on how the new kids can come in and help out will be the difference maker.
I look for Decatur to be strong with their QB and stable of returning lettermen.
Don't know much about other teams that might make some noise such as Snyder, Perryton, Monahans, etc....

Keith7
03-26-2003, 12:09 AM
I think,
1. Gainesville
2-Everyone else. The rest of 3a...

vet93
03-26-2003, 10:05 AM
VWG...I agree, region I has the chance of being pretty strong again this coming year. Do you know who Graham has coming back? They usually field a pretty strong team. Vernon had some good looking kids returning. I hope the loss of their head coach doesn't set them back. He seemed like a really good guy from all acounts. Also, Iowa Park may make some noise in that district, but I don't know how many people they have returning.

VWG:
I think that in Region I Everman is by far heads above the rest of the field. I think too many people aren't looking at Greenwood though, as they return a good core of players. Ballinger has a good track record with Posey coming back.
Sweetwater needs to rebound after losing Carillo and Squires... and I think the same can be said for Abilene Wylie. Both teams will make the playoffs but depending on how the new kids can come in and help out will be the difference maker.
I look for Decatur to be strong with their QB and stable of returning lettermen.
Don't know much about other teams that might make some noise such as Snyder, Perryton, Monahans, etc....

greendog fan
03-26-2003, 06:05 PM
cunbed10:
Everman
Burnet
Bandera
Marlin
Forney
This is my pre-season picks for obvious reasons, it's not popular but it's the most pure rating in a 3A Football players eye sight. Now after the first 3 games this could change but I am willing to bet that at least one of these teams will win the 2003 state championship.I have to wonder about Burnet. Their head basketbsall coach resighned yesterday. He is also the father of Stephen McGhee. our all state q back. Dont think we can compete with out stephen as Q back.

BigChamp05
03-26-2003, 08:43 PM
Everman-tradition and defending state champs
Burnet-key players coming back(hopefully Mcgee too)
Greenwood-lots coming back including do-everything quaterback
Rice-returning most if not all backs on a solid running team
Port Isabel-returnig almost all players with lots of speed