PDA

View Full Version : Stephenville vs China Spring

jason
10-18-2022, 08:17 AM
Just another district game? If you want a seat you'd better get there early.
Stephenville coming in pretty banged up so we'll see how it goes.
Pigskin Prep says CS is a 12 point favorite.

d0tc0m
10-19-2022, 10:26 AM
Just another district game? If you want a seat you'd better get there early.
Stephenville coming in pretty banged up so we'll see how it goes.
Pigskin Prep says CS is a 12 point favorite.

12 point favorite?! That seems a bit steep for my blood. This one ought to be a dandy of a matchup. I was impressed with how well China Spring manhandled La Vega. I don't know if that says more about the Pirates or the Cougars. Either way, these two teams are the clear No. 1 and 2 teams in the district, and also in the state, in my opinion.

Stephenville has just figured out ways to win big games, no matter how far they've been down. I'll lean on that a bit in this game. I like the Jackets by 3.

bobcat1
10-20-2022, 05:55 PM
Last team with the ball wins I bet.

MJMbrahmas10
10-21-2022, 11:26 AM
Is there a stream for this game? Would love to watch.

clcannon17
10-21-2022, 10:43 PM
Was one of the craziest ends to a game I've ever seen

d0tc0m
10-22-2022, 12:24 PM
Last team with the ball wins I bet.

You nailed it, Bobcat!! What a game. May not be the last matchup between these two this season. Seems to be a gap between them and everyone else.

Second round o layoff matchups looking like

Celina vs La Vega
Stephenville vs Anna

Third round could be a doozy too.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-22-2022, 02:57 PM
Was going to this one but went to a 5a game between unbeaten teams in Argyle vs Frisco Independence. That one was close til 4th qtr but this one seems it ended dramatic fashion!!

jason
10-23-2022, 08:54 PM
Crazy game - two really good teams. Everyone I talked to from CS pretty much agreed there'd be a rematch. Stephenville's QB1 made his return start and looked good.

here is the CS live stream...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEDNCis71vg&ab_channel=Look%21Livestreams

The crazy starts at about 3:02:45
We throw an int.
They throw an unfathomable int. Still don't understand what they were thinking throwing the ball.
We score and go for two.
They get a call and kick game winner.
Was a great kick though - 43yds into a pretty stiff breeze

Tejastrue
10-23-2022, 10:06 PM
I agree, what were they doing passing the ball? They did get a call, but it did look to be interference. Still, they had to connect on that last pass play and then get out of bounds. That was indeed an amazing finish. I'm thinking Stephenville will have a little something extra when this re-match comes to fruition...and it will. Thanks for posting.

Twirling Time
10-23-2022, 11:47 PM
You nailed it, Bobcat!! What a game. May not be the last matchup between these two this season. Seems to be a gap between them and everyone else.

Celina vs La Vega
Stephenville vs Anna

I like Celina over La Vega, but Anna this year would get after the Jackets. These ain't your father's Coyotes. Stephenville will more likely play Sulphur Springs in the second round anyway.

I expect an Anna-Celina rematch in the third round with Stephenville coasting to face the winner.

jason
10-24-2022, 08:26 AM
I like Celina over La Vega, but Anna this year would get after the Jackets. These ain't your father's Coyotes. Stephenville will more likely play Sulphur Springs in the second round anyway.

I expect an Anna-Celina rematch in the third round with Stephenville coasting to face the winner.
Either way - the path to the state championship runs through the gauntlet that is region 2...
I wonder how long it will take Anna to move up to 5A - I know they've got a $380m bond package on their Nov ballot that includes multiple new schools and a new district athletic complex - sounds like they're growing like crazy. Same for China Spring - someone told me Friday they have 12k approved home builds coming up as quick as builders can build them.

d0tc0m
10-24-2022, 11:15 AM

I like Celina over La Vega right now, too in that potential second-round matchup.

And unless I'm looking at the bracket wrong, Anna and Stephenville will go at it in the second round. Unless Sulphur Springs pulls the upset over Anna, which I can't see happening. That means the Coyotes and Jackets will square off second round and a really really good team will spend Thanksgiving as spectators.

I have no doubts that Anna can compete in that matchup. The Coyotes have some dudes all over the field. Just don't know if they have quite enough. I would love to see a Celina vs Anna rematch, though, and I know the Bobcats are itching for that. Bobcats vs Yellowjackets more likely though, in my opinion.

Matthew328
10-24-2022, 09:04 PM
Anna is pretty legit the D1 QB move-in from Allen put them over the top with some already elite skill talent....if they play Stephenville in Rd 2 that'll be a really fun matchup

d0tc0m
10-25-2022, 10:13 AM
Anna is pretty legit the D1 QB move-in from Allen put them over the top with some already elite skill talent....if they play Stephenville in Rd 2 that'll be a really fun matchup

He is really good. Strong arm. On target almost every throw. Good enough legs to extend plays. He's a big kid too. And the Coyotes have some elite speed along the edges.

bobcat1
10-25-2022, 06:51 PM
Crazy game - two really good teams. Everyone I talked to from CS pretty much agreed there'd be a rematch. Stephenville's QB1 made his return start and looked good.

here is the CS live stream...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEDNCis71vg&ab_channel=Look%21Livestreams

The crazy starts at about 3:02:45
We throw an int.
They throw an unfathomable int. Still don't understand what they were thinking throwing the ball.
We score and go for two.
They get a call and kick game winner.
Was a great kick though - 43yds into a pretty stiff breeze

That is why I love high school football. Great game no matter the outcome. Y'all will prolly see each other again and again it will come down most likely to the last team with the ball. Thanks for sharing the link.

jason
10-26-2022, 08:12 AM
He is really good. Strong arm. On target almost every throw. Good enough legs to extend plays. He's a big kid too. And the Coyotes have some elite speed along the edges.
but not good enough to play in Allen?

Matthew328
10-26-2022, 08:52 AM
but not good enough to play in Allen?

Nope because Allen has a P5 recruit at QB...Bullock isn't that..La Tech commit

clcannon17
10-27-2022, 11:48 PM

Celina vs La Vega
Stephenville vs Anna

Happy BWD is not in that region anymore. You have to be a state caliber team to even have a respectable result on the season.