Hitchcock 33
Columbus 28
3A final scor

Saggy Aggie
10-17-2022, 09:31 AM
I love how Hitchcock beating Columbus is both a big upset and a mild upset

Tejastrue
10-29-2022, 08:33 PM
Alvarado over Stephenville 50-49. I did a double-take on this one. Still in shock.

jason
10-31-2022, 09:18 AM
Alvarado over Stephenville 50-49. I did a double-take on this one. Still in shock.
yeah - just a perfect storm of injuries, bad night, bad weather, funky plays, etc - definitely not what anyone expected after a 35-14 halftime lead

d0tc0m
10-31-2022, 09:21 AM
yeah - just a perfect storm of injuries, bad night, bad weather, funky plays, etc - definitely not what anyone expected after a 35-14 halftime lead

Oof. This is just a hard time of the year to have that kinda loss.

Any of the injuries bad enough to keep any key pieces out for the year? Certainly hope not.

What's the postseason projection now for the Jackets? I'm not sure of the tie-breaker for y'all's district. Jackets still get 2nd seed with win over La Vega?

jason
10-31-2022, 10:05 AM
Oof. This is just a hard time of the year to have that kinda loss.

Any of the injuries bad enough to keep any key pieces out for the year? Certainly hope not.

What's the postseason projection now for the Jackets? I'm not sure of the tie-breaker for y'all's district. Jackets still get 2nd seed with win over La Vega?
We lost a DE for the year in the CS game - our #1 WR was also knocked out of that game with a concussion - he didn't play vs alvarado. In the alvarado game there was another significant injury on defense. Our defense was really starting to play well but now they're hanging on with paper clips and duct tape.
The goal is still to play in Arlington - we've got the offense to get there and the staff will sure things up before the playoffs start...

d0tc0m
10-31-2022, 10:18 AM
We lost a DE for the year in the CS game - our #1 WR was also knocked out of that game with a concussion - he didn't play vs alvarado. In the alvarado game there was another significant injury on defense. Our defense was really starting to play well but now they're hanging on with paper clips and duct tape.
The goal is still to play in Arlington - we've got the offense to get there and the staff will sure things up before the playoffs start...

Gosh dang, sorry to hear that for those kids. Absolutely hate to see those types of injuries. Even concussions can get a little spooky. Never know how long they'll be out.

My dad and I were talking about that the other day, just saying how that loss might make some people start to sleep on the Jackets and consider Region II a one-horse race. Those folks would be mistaken, in my opinion. I still think Stephenville is as big a threat in the region as any. But they will certainly have their hands full in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, regardless of direction. Celina and Anna are both teams that have plenty of talent and both have really good defenses.

d0tc0m
10-31-2022, 10:22 AM

You know, I'm not sure how senior-heavy the Jackets are, but hard times like this, if you've got a really solid senior group, can also serve to make that final forge for your team. It can harden the core and set the table for a long run. Just too much talent on that roster to go to sleep on the Jackets.