PDA

View Full Version : Bridge City 37 Kountze 13

BIGRED001
10-24-2003, 10:24 PM
Great homecoming win.......keep it rolling

Old Cardinal
10-24-2003, 10:37 PM
Dale Armand, Sophomore sensation, ran wild tonight from the Tailback spot. Kountze has some really good athletes, they just don't have it put together yet.

eye of the tiger
10-24-2003, 10:41 PM
Good win for the Cards. Congrats.

3ABirdMan
10-25-2003, 12:01 AM
Gotta hand it to Kountze. They never quit or let up, and played hard for 4 whole quarters. My hat's off to you guys! You have my respect! Keep working, and your program will turn around.

I agree with Old Cardinal - They have size and athleticism and speed, but not a game plan of any depth. The QB #9 can scoot, and put up good yardage on QB draws all night. Their defense looked great at times, but I think got worn down in the end.

Good win, Cards. Keep it up.

exbccards76'smom
10-25-2003, 09:05 AM
I felt like I gave my old alma mater a little luck last night. I,again, went and sat on the Kountze side for the second half of the ballgame. This time, they scored, twice. Kountze band was great last night. They played the fight song continous for about 5 minutes last night during their scoring drive. BC band could take a few pointers from them on learning a few more songs to play during the ballgame.

Old Cardinal
10-25-2003, 12:37 PM
I see where Dale Armand went for 217 yards last night on 15 carries from the Tailback position!...In the last half he ripped off 40,23,21,40,19,and a little 17 yarder. He got an average of 14 1/2 yards per carry for the night. It was Sophomore night, to some extent, with Armand, Havens, Haymon(OB), Elmore, Briggs, Sparks,and the others: doing a lot more than is typically entrusted to underclassmen.

<small>[ October 25, 2003, 12:49 PM: Message edited by: Old Cardinal ]</small>

BIGRED001
10-25-2003, 02:57 PM
That is exactly the reason, Bridge City will be a wrecking crew once again in 2 years. It starts to remind you of how peebles, knight, and company did as sophmores. We are 4-1 in district, but we aren't dominating teams like in years past. I see it happening in 2 years. However, this Bridge City team has stepped up after the upset by Orangefield. I do see us making the playoffs this year, but we will be fighting for our playoff lives thru the 1st and possibly second round. I can't see us getting past there. Course, maybe if we can stop the dern run, we can make a little noise this year in the playoffs

X21AAAPlayer
10-25-2003, 04:14 PM
BIGRED001:
That is exactly the reason, Bridge City will be a wrecking crew once again in 2 years. It starts to remind you of how peebles, knight, and company did as sophmores. We are 4-1 in district, but we aren't dominating teams like in years past. I see it happening in 2 years. However, this Bridge City team has stepped up after the upset by Orangefield. I do see us making the playoffs this year, but we will be fighting for our playoff lives thru the 1st and possibly second round. I can't see us getting past there. Course, maybe if we can stop the dern run, we can make a little noise this year in the playoffsAnd the long bomb...

exbccards76'smom
10-26-2003, 05:45 AM
The offense stepped up to the challenge. But there were alot of missed tackles on defense. I guess that is to be expected with a young team. Good things are in store for our Cardinals in the future. We are gonna have to learn to defend the pass better to get on the playoffs.

pgamgt1982
10-26-2003, 05:52 AM
Bridge City in my opinion is certainly capable of beating Anahuac, I know this game is not for another two weeks, but I'd just like to say after hearing about how good of a team ya'll are from a highly regarded colleague, and witnessing the first half of the Anahuac game, I'd definitely say that B-C will WIN vs. Anahuac in the last game of the season. Good Luck this week vs. ???