PDA

View Full Version : west vs. hillsboro

chris02
10-18-2002, 11:57 PM
just wanted to know if anyone else thought that the outcome of this game was most unusual. west was picked to lose by so many (including myself, a recent west grad)and being that west hasn't been good in the past and hillsboro has been pretty good this season and was awesome last yr this has to be one of the biggest upsets of the night. west 23 - hillsboro 17....i'm shocked but overly excited for my former schoolmates.

Swarm 51
10-19-2002, 01:05 AM
Chris 02, congratulations on the West win over Hillsboro. That should get the attention of many West doubters. So, now we Gatesville Hornet fans are looking forward to our game with your Trojans next Friday night here in Hornet Land. Gatesville won a barn-burner over the Robinson Rockets tonight, 44-28. Robinson has a good team, a super Q/back and a lightning speed receiver who kept all of us on our feet all night. But, superior play calling by Coach Morgan, desire and heart by the offensive and defensive teams helped to prevail and bring home an important win for the Hornets. Once again, congrats. on a win over a good Hillsboro team, but a team that sometimes allows inconsistancy to put them in the loser's column. See ya next Friday night.

chris02
10-19-2002, 10:15 AM
thanks, and yeah so i have come to realize that hillsboro can be inconsistent and that tends to land them in the loser column but a win like that for west is great. i'm looking forward to the game against gatesville now. it may or may not go very well for west (i've known a few of them to get bigheaded), but i'm not expecting quite the 'slaughter' of a game that came from gatesville in the past.