PDA

View Full Version : Band Bashing

Bell_06
12-05-2003, 08:03 AM
Hi, new to the boards here. Looks like everyone is enjoying a great football season, especially in Bellville :) My concern is the high school band bashing that I see going on. It appears that it's mainly other high school students that are so incredibly hateful toward the school bands. I've read all the arguments and yes yes yes.. people are there to watch a football game.. yet.... this is our high school, these are your friends and classmates. Is it so hard to see that the more kids that are involved in one aspect of the school or another, will only strengthen everyone’s ability to succeed.

I am no longer in school, matter of fact I even have kids who have graduated from Bellville already. My oldest son is a current member of the A&M Band and I can assure you that being a contributing member has helped to make him a more complete person.

Can you not try and support those who are so willing to support your efforts. The band and drill team students and parents put in countless hours to help make the football season successful. And yes.. success is measured within the whole community, not just a single football game.

DawgMaw02
12-05-2003, 09:54 AM
I totally agree with you. I had a son that played football and my daughter is on the drill team. She puts in hours and hours of practice starting in the summer just like the football players do to make the halftime show a success.
They represent the school and the community too. I for one am very proud of all of our students, athletes, band members, academic achievers and all.
Watch a halftime show sometime, it might surprise you!

pepboy
12-05-2003, 10:16 AM
well said dawgman!!!

DawgMaw02
12-05-2003, 12:43 PM
pepboy:
well said dawgman!!!Ummmm, thanks, peppy........oh, thats pepboy....like mine is DawgMAW...

Bell_06
12-06-2003, 01:34 AM
I did not attend the Bellville game tonight, but heard that like the sinking of the Titanic.. the band played till the end :) Bellville High, you've had a great year to date...Keep the spirit alive as we enter the holiday season.....Remember why we are here.... support your friends and schoolmates as you would your own brother. Take the time to thank each other your parents and the community for helping to make this football and volleyball season possible.

Way to go Jess... I've been told by numerous students that you always look for ways to compliment and encourage others, both on and off the field. You are gracious in victory and in defeat. This is what true leaders are about.