PDA

View Full Version : central texas fan, results from tonight

spaniard
10-22-2002, 10:31 PM
centex, the burnet esprit de corps scored a 1 tonight and will move on to area saturday. not sure of times yet, will probly know more tomorrow night. oh, by the way, how do you like my haircut? wink

CentralTxFan
10-22-2002, 11:23 PM
Spaniard, thanks for the info. Congrats to Burnet. Do you know who else got 1's? Just wondering who else is moving on. By the way, love the haircut!!!

spaniard
10-22-2002, 11:27 PM
i know that wimberley is advancing, liberty hill isnt, im not sure about llano, or any of the others that competed. my mom called a little while ago to let me know how they did and told me about the other two i mentioned before. but she said they looked great, especially considering the conditions of the mudhole, i mean giddings football field. oh yeah, giddings made it too. so, you dont think my haircut is too much?

CentralTxFan
10-22-2002, 11:33 PM
To be honest Spaniard the last time I saw you you had a cap on so I am not too sure of your haircut...it was a short meeting, if you remember correctly. Llano is not in our music region but they will be at area. I knew Giddings would make it...home school advantage of course. Are you going Saturday? I just hope the weather is better than the last time Burnet was at area!

spaniard
10-22-2002, 11:36 PM
i should be there saturday. i have a little brother to support, hehe, even though he was only at my competitions bc he got dragged there. i honestly dont remember area being so bad last year, just a little chilly. are you guys gonna be there saturday?

CentralTxFan
10-22-2002, 11:38 PM
Yep gonna be there...will you at least come and say hello to me?

spaniard
10-22-2002, 11:55 PM
well now theres a silly question, of course. ill probly end up sitting with you guys, that is of course if your other kid doesnt mind me doing that. hehe, but um, yeah, giddings, wimberley, and burnet are the only ones going from our region to area, so itll be interesting this year, and wet no doubt.

CentralTxFan
10-23-2002, 12:07 AM
Spaniard...of course you can sit with us...Are you serious, only 3 are moving on to area? Wow! Last time it was 4...When you find out marching times see if you can find out all the bands marching times, would you? Thanks! Seriously, did you do something new to your hair since the picture?

spaniard
10-23-2002, 12:13 AM
no i didnt do anything but keep it the same. hehe, but um, ill try and find out the times, and as soon as i do ill let you know. now, i need to go to bed bc im getting up early tomorrow morning to go get unlazy. heh, i dont know if that will happen ever.

87nnud
10-23-2002, 02:29 AM
I will probrably be there saturday too. My little sister is a highlandette.

BIG19
10-23-2002, 07:29 AM
Here are the results from yesterday. The following bands made a 1:
Burnet
Giddings
LaGrange
Rockdale
Smithville
Wimberly

Here are the bands that made a 2:
Halletsville
Caldwell
Columbus (should have been a 1)
Elgin
Manor (should have been a 1)
Hutto
Liberty Hill

The drawing for times in Waco will happen sometime today. See everyone there Saturday!!

spaniard
10-23-2002, 09:29 AM
yeah i lied about there only being 3 bands going, my brother told me there were only 3 that got to go to area, he meant state as results from next week, but i read the score sheet and realized i was retarded for listening to my little brother. but um yeah, sorry about the misinformation. congradulations to those who are advancing and good luck saturday!!!

CentralTxFan
10-23-2002, 11:55 AM
Thanks for the information everyone. I am looking forward to Saturday. The last time Burnet went to Area Marching it was the exact same bands who advanced with the exception of Wimberley. It was Elgin instead. Elgin didn't advance to state that year but the band director was at the competition and sat behind us. She was right on the money on who got into the finals. I wonder if Elgin still has that same director. She was really knowledgable. Of course, Elgin thought that year that Burnet should not have advanced to State. This is going to be intersting. I can't wait to see the marching orders. When you find out can you please keep me posted, anyone? I appreciate it! We are no longer involved with Esprit de Corps but we love watching them compete and march.

Oh and on a side note, I suppose this year Mr Lewis has to congratulate Wimblerley on their 1!!!

BIG19
10-23-2002, 03:37 PM
Burnet plays at 3:00 in Waco. Results announced around 7:45. Mr. Lewis requests that everyone were Green, bring a flag and be loud!!! Hope to see everyone there.

hotstuff
10-23-2002, 03:40 PM
Waco Robinson and Hidalgo's bands rock! You can't go wrong with 240 members and three drum majors!

spaniard
10-23-2002, 03:42 PM
was that the number for both schools or just robinson? ive heard that the hidalgo band kinda dismembered this year. but i plan to be there saturday screamin my head off for burnet. good luck to all the other schools participating.

CentralTxFan
10-23-2002, 03:46 PM
Thanks BIG19. I appreciate the information. Do you by any chance know what time 3A starts performing and/or any of the times for the other bands? I will be there Saturday but I am cheering for 2 different bands so I will have to wear neutral BUT I will yell for Burnet! Good luck in area and on to STATE Esprit de Corps!!!

CentralTxFan
10-23-2002, 03:48 PM
Spaniard, remember you said you were gonna sit with us! hee hee hee...I am holding you to it. We are going to watch ALL the bands...want to ride with us so you can see them all too?

spaniard
10-23-2002, 03:49 PM
hey, that would be awesome, when and where to meet to leave?

CentralTxFan
10-23-2002, 03:52 PM
You going to Wimberley Friday? If you want to, send me an PM and I will give you our phone number...it has changed. Or ask your mom to ask her friend at the bank for it and call me. I need to find out what time everything starts. I want to be there early so I can get the same awesome seats I had 2 years ago!

spaniard
10-23-2002, 04:00 PM
check your pm, ill talk to you later. :D

BIG19
10-24-2002, 07:57 AM
From what I can gather, 3A bands will start at 1:00. Hope this helps.

CentralTxFan
10-24-2002, 10:56 AM
Thanks Big19. At least we can sleep a little later Saturday morning. After making that trip to Wimberley that is a good thing. I hope the weather holds for Friday night. I really don't want to have to drive 12 with rain. Driving home from last years Ingram game was bad enough and that was all straight roads, for the most part.

BIG19
10-28-2002, 09:29 AM
CentralTxFan and spaniard.....
As you both should already know, the Burnet Esprit de Corps did make it to the State level! They will be playing Mon, Nov 4 at 10:00.

Here's wishing the very best to them and to all the other bands that will be there!!

Continue to roll DAWGS!!!

Puppetmaster101
10-28-2002, 10:04 PM
:D BOOOOOOO YEAAAAAAAA

spaniard
10-29-2002, 12:27 AM
yep yep yep, the burnet esprit de corps is doing great again this year, they will do much better this monday than they did saturday, i think they are all pumped bc they know they have the ability to beat schools like robinson. dont get me wrong, robinson was good, but there were a whole lot of marching mess-ups during their show. and china spring, well nevermind about them. anywhoo, any burnet person who is able to be there, be there, wear green, be loud!!!