PDA

View Full Version : Tour de Lance

turbostud
06-26-2003, 03:03 PM
The Tour de Lance starts in 9 days and we all know that right now is not the best time to be an American in Paris. Lance is also trying to equal Miguel Indurain's record of 5 in a row and it is also the 100 year anniversary of the tour. With all that pressure can he win it all? Any predictions?

<small>[ June 26, 2003, 05:14 PM: Message edited by: turbostud ]</small>

Old Tiger
06-26-2003, 03:07 PM
It all depends on how hard he has been training.

pirate4state
06-26-2003, 03:50 PM
I think he can do it. He'll be used to French "thing"...they've never liked him anyway! :rolleyes: What a great story if he can accomplish 5 in a row. He recently won a warm up race.

Bandera YaYa
06-26-2003, 03:59 PM
Sorry, I lost all respect for him when he got caught having an affair with another woman.... him being married and all. Maybe he should stay over there in France with all the rest of the cowards.

turbostud
06-26-2003, 06:35 PM
Ya Ya, although Lance and his wife separated and are now reconciling their marriage, I have not read or heard of an article stating that he had an affair. If there is an article out there that does, could you please post a link or is this a rumor that you and your man-hating feminazi buddies are cooking up in the cauldron? :p

sinton66
06-26-2003, 07:11 PM
It wouldn't surprize me in the least if he does it again. His story really is an amazing one. To have gone through all he has and still have the strength, courage and determination to compete is pretty remarkable. It would have brought lesser men to their knees.

Green Ranger
06-27-2003, 08:10 AM
The man in my eyes is one of the top athletes from the US in recent years. To have survived what he has and as far as his health is concerned with the attitude he did says alot about him. For anybody who hasnt read his book, I would strongly suggest it. As far as his personal life, I believe to be that, personal. However everything I have read, stated there were problems but mentioned nothing of an affair. As far as the Tour is concerned, I believe Lance will take the lead in the mountains like he has in years past and hold on to it. Just my two cents

Bandera YaYa
06-27-2003, 09:19 AM
He is a great athlete. I do not wish him harm or nothing less than a great race. I just choose not to put him on a pedestal. Too many "great" athletes get away with wife abusal, drug addition and even murder! If they chose to make their marriage work, I firmly support that, it is their personal business. If it was a rumor about his infidelity, then I apologize for my remarks.

<small>[ June 27, 2003, 10:05 AM: Message edited by: Bandera YaYa ]</small>

St. Ivender
06-27-2003, 09:46 AM
I have never seen this story substantiated in print but in last year's Tour as the story goes, Lance's main competitor had an accident. Lance stopped, turned around and waited for the competitor (some Frog) to get up and righted before he would proceed. If true, this is the epitome of class. Lance didn't want them to be able to use the excuse of: "I fell down and that's the only way the ugly American could beat me." I think he will win big.

<small>[ June 27, 2003, 09:51 AM: Message edited by: St. Ivender ]</small>

Green Ranger
06-27-2003, 09:56 AM
That is fact, along with his fight with cancer, shrtly before the Olympics was hit by a car while training. With a cracked bone in his lumbar, he still competed. SI agrees with me as he was 2002 Sportman of the Year. If anybody wants to learn more you can go to www.lancearmstrong.com (http://www.lancearmstrong.com) enjoy

turbostud
06-27-2003, 10:07 AM
St Ivender, that is a true story but it happened in the 2001 TdF. And it was a kraut (Jan Ulrich) not a frog.

sinton66
06-27-2003, 02:12 PM
There's a difference? :D :D :D

Phil C
06-27-2003, 03:57 PM
I hope he wins it again just to annoy the French that an American won it again. :)

CHS_CG
06-28-2003, 12:13 AM
Hopefully Lance can pull it off. I am not goin to say hes a "shoe-in" to when or nething but hes got some great skill and I wish him the best of luck!