PDA

View Full Version : Sealy is back from the looks of it

someone
10-25-2003, 03:03 PM
what is everyones take on sealy now since they beat navasota last night

Brahma73
10-25-2003, 04:12 PM
About the same as I thought of them before. A pretty good second tier 3A football team. Will make the play-offs this year, but will not last long.

Pudlugger
10-25-2003, 05:08 PM
Brahma73:
About the same as I thought of them before. A pretty good second tier 3A football team. Will make the play-offs this year, but will not last long.Oh, good bulletin board material! eek!

PAINTBALL
10-25-2003, 05:15 PM
Brahma73:
About the same as I thought of them before. A pretty good second tier 3A football team. Will make the play-offs this year, but will not last long.I have been using tiers to rate highschool football teams for as long as I can remember and you're the only other person I have seen do it. It's neat to find something in common with another poster. I use 5 tiers. How many do you use?

Chupacabra
10-25-2003, 05:38 PM
I think '73 might be referring to your tier system, PAINTBALL. Who knows, it may become the accepted method of team comparison on 3ADL.

Sealy's win last night really suprised me, I thought Navasota would win big. I'm looking forward to the Tiger's game with Bellville in 2 weeks.

the tigers are back
10-25-2003, 05:41 PM
Well that's you opinion brahma73 and what ever you think that's okay too.I wouldn't be trying to low rate anyone,because you'll are not strong on the run anyway.We all know that the game must be played and from my stand point rather we go all the way or go 1 round.I think that going deep in the play-offs are meanning less when you can't win the state title. eek! wink

PAINTBALL
10-25-2003, 06:14 PM
Chupacabra:
I think '73 might be referring to your tier system, PAINTBALL. Who knows, it may become the accepted method of team comparison on 3ADL.

Sealy's win last night really suprised me, I thought Navasota would win big. I'm looking forward to the Tiger's game with Bellville in 2 weeks.If that's the case I'M SO PROUD. If so, being ranked a high quality Tier 2 team is a compliment and the length of survival in the playoff's could be substantial. Usually I have a very limited list of Tier 1 teams. My list is usually limited to 10-15 teams and may be as small as 5 depending on the strength of that year's Tier 1 teams.

Chupacabra
10-25-2003, 07:28 PM
the tigers are back
[QB]Well that's you opinion brahma73 and what ever you think that's okay too.I wouldn't be trying to low rate anyone,because you'll are not strong on the run anyway.QB]If you are saying that Bellville is not strong on the run you might want to check the stats. Bellville has 1,850 rushing yards on the season and Sealy has 1,933, a difference of 83 yards. If Bellville isn't strong on the run I wouldn't call Sealy a powerhouse either.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-25-2003, 09:43 PM
Had some friends at the game, they said Navasota played a poor game. Sound like they were stiil down after the Bellville game. But with Sealy winning that makes for a better Austin County game! Go Bellville what about 10-0!!!!

fullhouse
10-26-2003, 09:11 AM
I don't think they were down at all. I think Sealy's defense surprised them in our ability to stop Smith though. He's a man ~ very impressive!

Pudlugger
10-26-2003, 09:37 AM
FormerBellvilleBrahma:
Had some friends at the game, they said Navasota played a poor game. Sound like they were stiil down after the Bellville game. But with Sealy winning that makes for a better Austin County game! Go Bellville what about 10-0!!!!As I posted earlier Sealy is a very good team capable of playing up to the competet4ion. Bellville has not played a team of this caliber since Rice Consolidated and RC gave them a run for their money. Bellville better take Sealy seriously as they have to beat them in Sealy and Sealy has everything to gain and nothing to lose. Just my take here. Good luck to both teams and hope for an injury free clean game. :)

bbfan
10-26-2003, 09:55 AM
Hey Pudlugger the Bellville Sealy game is in Bellville this year!!!! I seriously don't think Bellville is taking anyone lightly - they will be ready to go. If things play out like they should more than likely this game will be for the district championship - I wouldn't say Sealy has nothing to loose. It will be a great game between two long time rivals - and as we know rivalry games are always interesting.

Pudlugger
10-26-2003, 12:27 PM
bbfan:
Hey Pudlugger the Bellville Sealy game is in Bellville this year!!!! I seriously don't think Bellville is taking anyone lightly - they will be ready to go. If things play out like they should more than likely this game will be for the district championship - I wouldn't say Sealy has nothing to loose. It will be a great game between two long time rivals - and as we know rivalry games are always interesting.Oh thanks I had the venue wrong. Well that certainly makes it better for Bellville. It' :) s tough to go in there and win. As for nothing to lose I meant that since everyone expects Bellville to win there is no pressure. Its always easier for the underdog to go into a big game. Good luck.

BrahmaMom
10-26-2003, 01:34 PM
Pud, I think one of the improvements Bellville has made in recent years is that they take every opponent seriously. The rivalry makes 'em even more serious--for years we lost to Sealy and that was a given, now that the trend has been broken, it's up to these Brahmas to keep the record going, a challenge they take very seriously. It will be a fun game, hopefully with no injuries. Go Brahmas!

Bellville22
10-26-2003, 01:35 PM
I've shown Sealy love all year long. I picked, and fully expected, them to beat Navasota, and they did in much the way I expected. They controlled both lines of scrimmage, and fed their horse, Emeal, the ball some 30 times. I don't think Navasota played a bad game. Granted, they didn't have Martin in the 4th, but I really don't think that made a difference. I thought Sealy was a better team. I think Sealy would win 7 of 10 times.

Someone mentioned that Bellville hadn't seen a team like this since Rice. They haven't, and I'm not sure they would until deep in the playoffs provided they get that far. No disrespect to Sealy, and I assure you Brahma73 was not disrespecting them by calling them a tier 2 team, but I just don't think the Tigers are on the level of the Raiders. I think they match up better against the Bulls than Navasota. Teams are able to run somewhat on the Bulls. Both have good backs, but I think Emeal's ability to hit the hole quicker than Smith will allow Sealy to have more success. Sealy's D front is better than the Rattlers', and they should be able to contain Bellville's run O, but I don't think that their secondary can slow down the pass attack of the Bulls. Should be a great game, but I just don't think Sealy has the firepower to play 4 quarters with the Brahmas. Of course this is just my opinion, 'tigers are back' will probably tell you different, that's the beauty of this board, we can talk all we want, but it's gonna come down to the efforts of those young men. Should be fun, each team must take care of business this week, but the district race pretty much comes down to the final week at the Pasture. Good luck to both.

reptard7isCRAZY
10-26-2003, 01:49 PM
Can someone tell me how long the rivalry has been going? Isn't it one of the longest running?

fullhouse
10-26-2003, 05:59 PM
Sealy scrimmaged Rice this year and beat them 3 to 2. They (Rice)were missing a couple of OL. It was in that scrimmage that Rob Emshoff, our center, broke his leg. He started working out again last week though and the boys are sure excited about having him back out there. Such a great kid!

the tigers are back
10-26-2003, 08:41 PM
I knew that this would come down to this before the season even started.I sure hope not to make any enemies on this board,but bellville22 and brahma73: hey i will not get in a rally with you'll this year ok.I think if you look back at the pics on navasota and sealy; you will see that i didn't even pic on that game, and as a matter of fact not on none of our district games.All i'm saying is this i'm not playing out there,because if i was than i will put my life on the line,because i know what i can do.We all know that's why they play the games,because ranks don't mean anything if you lose a game.I want you'll to know brahma,bellville22 and the brahma crew;that i respect that bellville is a good football team.I also see that some people say that navasota had a bad game against us,but alot of people said that they had a bad game against you'll too.I heard that they hiked the ball pour over the qb. head and you'll had good field positon on their turnovers.I'm just gonna say this... that sealy has the best defense in this disrict,but that don't mean a thing until we play the game.I will say this that when bellville played bandera bulldogs they never seen so much pressure on jess like that all year.I just say that if we can keep jess from setting up to throw the ball than we can have a game.All year i have held my peace,but like i said for all those haters that came to see us lose...guyyyyyyyleeeee thank ya thank ya sargent Mark,Brantley,Norrris,gaines and the rest of the sealy staff.Oh what a night i love to be the under dawgs on any given night,because we have nothing to prove.Hey bulls can we have some of the pie or cake too.I always tell the boys you'll give credit where credit is due,but don't bow down to know one and don't been. :D :cool:

PAINTBALL
10-26-2003, 09:15 PM
You guys better not post so much or Buck is going to complain and suggest that this site be changed to "Sealy Download"

Brahma73
10-26-2003, 09:27 PM
PAINTBALL:

Brahma73:
About the same as I thought of them before. A pretty good second tier 3A football team. Will make the play-offs this year, but will not last long.I have been using tiers to rate highschool football teams for as long as I can remember and you're the only other person I have seen do it. It's neat to find something in common with another poster. I use 5 tiers. How many do you use?Wow, PB! What have I started here on this board? First, I probably WAS referring to your train of thought on the tier system, though I don't see them quite 5 layers deep. I see them as I. Could win it all, II. Playoff bound, and III. Ain't gonna get there. But hey, great minds think alike! :)
Secondly, for any who might be offended by mere obsevations that I might make, I am not degrading anyone's football team. You should know me well enough by now to understand I don't do that. I truly believe objectively that the only two teams I've personally seen play that fit on tier one are Bellville and Rice. (I had Rice on tier two 'til I saw them.) I truthfully believe that Bellville can beat any team in the district handily this year because they have the athletes, maturity and leadership in a diverse system that utilizes a lot of weapons in a lot of ways on both sides of the ball. I have no animosity toward anyone. I wish lengthy success in the playoffs to all 3 of the 23AAA reps this year. I'll pull hard for all of you - count on it. In years past when my team has stunk it up, I've always admitted that they did. How I think they'll do has nothing to do with who I pull for. This year just happens to be a year when my team has the hosses. Don't blame me for that, and please don't be offended by my opinions.

PAINTBALL
10-26-2003, 09:55 PM
Because the District's are so different in strength, I don't use whether or not a team will make the playoffs to rate my teams. Under my ratings, the teams in the same tier should be able to compete with each other on any given night. The team one tier lower can beat a team one tier higher if aided by numerous turnovers, penalties, injuries or other factors. A team two tiers down should never be able to beat a team two tiers higher. If they do it would be a major upset. Obviously Tier 1 is the tier that can win it all. Although most other playoff teams should be tier 2 teams this is not always the case, especially now that 3 teams from 6 team districts make the playoffs. Most of the tier 3 and tier 4 teams that make the playoffs are gone in the first round.

Brahma73
10-26-2003, 10:17 PM
Paintball, you're obviously a scientist. I love a great mind! :D

BrahmaMom
10-27-2003, 09:53 AM
Glad to hear Emshoff will be back at center for Sealy. I hope he's ready to go and will be fully recovered for the play-offs. 73 is right, we all pull for each other, that is what makes 3A football so much fun. No doubt Sealy is a team to contend with--it will be a fun game. Just glad both teams will have all their key players in place--more competitive that way! Go Brahmas!

fullhouse
10-27-2003, 10:57 AM
True enough ~ and hope they all remain healthy and represent Austin County well!

the tigers are back
10-27-2003, 09:45 PM
I'm just gonna say this that i got that same feeling when we played navasota.I just hope that our secondary is ready to cover up.I also hope taht big Emshoff 6-0 300 pounder is ready to open some holes for the backs.I don't wanna look for bellville until i see the win over columbus is final.I just hope that our other linemen big rick will be back also then we will be clicking on all 12 cylinders.God bless ya tigers on a injury free game come this friday. wink

ROY
10-28-2003, 12:38 PM
you'll stands for you will....not you all
just a thought

Brahma73
10-28-2003, 12:54 PM
ROY:
you'll stands for you will....not you all
just a thoughtGood luck at making that point! Might suggest that in Texas it could be y'all, but I doubt it would get across.

Brahma73
10-28-2003, 01:10 PM
the tigers are back:
I knew that this would come down to this before the season even started.I sure hope not to make any enemies on this board,but bellville22 and brahma73: hey i will not get in a rally with you'll this year ok.I think if you look back at the pics on navasota and sealy; you will see that i didn't even pic on that game, and as a matter of fact not on none of our district games.All i'm saying is this i'm not playing out there,because if i was than i will put my life on the line,because i know what i can do.We all know that's why they play the games,because ranks don't mean anything if you lose a game.I want you'll to know brahma,bellville22 and the brahma crew;that i respect that bellville is a good football team.I also see that some people say that navasota had a bad game against us,but alot of people said that they had a bad game against you'll too.I heard that they hiked the ball pour over the qb. head and you'll had good field positon on their turnovers.I'm just gonna say this... that sealy has the best defense in this disrict,but that don't mean a thing until we play the game.I will say this that when bellville played bandera bulldogs they never seen so much pressure on jess like that all year.I just say that if we can keep jess from setting up to throw the ball than we can have a game.All year i have held my peace,but like i said for all those haters that came to see us lose...guyyyyyyyleeeee thank ya thank ya sargent Mark,Brantley,Norrris,gaines and the rest of the sealy staff.Oh what a night i love to be the under dawgs on any given night,because we have nothing to prove.Hey bulls can we have some of the pie or cake too.I always tell the boys you'll give credit where credit is due,but don't bow down to know one and don't been. :D :cool: Exactly!