PDA

View Full Version : Week 4 - La Grange (1-2) @ Lago Vista (2-1)

Scoop27
09-10-2022, 09:54 AM
The Leopards bounced back after the loss to Columbus two weeks ago to beat La Vernia 37-27 but will have their hands full with Lago Vista and have a tough time

Audio Webcast

www.kvlgkbuk.com

Leopardfan201
09-10-2022, 10:49 AM
La Grange should of beaten LV alot worse 2 huge turnovers made this game closer than it was really should of been at least 42 to 14 LG but things happen..and Lago Vista are really we should keep it close but Lago Vista should win by a touchdown maybe 2

Pudlugger
09-10-2022, 10:49 AM
The Leopards demonstrated how much potential they have as a team last night. They are still in a formative state trying to figure out their offense and who to lead it. They showed that they can move the football downfield very well, but they gave up 3 sure tds one on an interception in the endzone, another on an unsportsmanlike penalty that moved them back from inside the 10 to back behind the 20 then fumbled with the LV cornerback returning it 80 yards for a td, finally a reception at the 1-foot line was called back for "offensive interference" on a jump ball catch by our receiver. Even with these setbacks and 2 or 3 other penalties that kept LV drives alive they never fell behind always coming back to score to keep the margin of victory at two possessions for most of the second half. I think they learned what and how to run the offense last night and who will lead it as QB. #2 junior Jaden Williams looked very confident, has speed and a good throwing arm and could be the key to finally getting the offense firing on all cylinders. As for the Lep D they seem to have made the adjustments after losing their standout DL Woods in game one to a broken leg :( and are making some key stops again. Props to our special teams with several long KO returns, deep punts into coffin corners, and a blocked PAT returned for a safety. Also a pleasant surprise is the appearance of 6'3" 180lb freshman Oliver Gunn at TE and LB who had a good night with one td catch and several tackles and an onsides kick coverage. It's great to have a Gunn again on the team.

Pudlugger
09-10-2022, 10:59 AM
La Grange should of beaten LV alot worse 2 huge turnovers made this game closer than it was really should of been at least 42 to 14 LG but things happen..and Lago Vista are really we should keep it close but Lago Vista should win by a touchdown maybe 2

I think the Leps will surprise the Vikings. They are getting it together and when they do, they will make some noise with their explosive offense. We caught a glimpse of it last night and we know it's there like Jaws just below the surface. Da Dum Da Dum Da Dum:D

Leopardfan201
09-10-2022, 12:33 PM
As I remember last year we beat Lago Vista in La Grange they played us tough i know Vista returns alot of starters from last year but Bravin Rogers had a huge game against them last year and I remember Lago Vista having problems with our speed last year but I know they will key on Rogers..

Pudlugger
09-10-2022, 01:27 PM
As I remember last year we beat Lago Vista in La Grange they played us tough i know Vista returns alot of starters from last year but Bravin Rogers had a huge game against them last year and I remember Lago Vista having problems with our speed last year but I know they will key on Rogers..

If they key on Rogers, we have Wilkerson. Williams and Davis, all faster than anyone on the Vikings team. The key is to limit turnovers and penalties. If the Leps play a solid 48 minutes of disciplined football they can win this game.

Pudlugger
09-13-2022, 10:05 AM
MaxxPreps Rankungs 4A DII:

Lago Vista #20

La Grange #25

should be a close high scoring game. Leps by 3.

Scoop27
09-13-2022, 10:10 AM
Where do you find the rankings at on Max Prep?-The link
Thanks

Pudlugger
09-13-2022, 10:31 AM
Where do you find the rankings at on Max Prep?-The link
Thanks

https://www.maxpreps.com/tx/football/22-23/division/division-4a-2/rankings/1/?statedivisionid=f97a8d4d-8a11-4c04-b713-aae43f8b9843

Leopardfan201
09-17-2022, 11:28 AM
No heart last this is the Leopard team that showed up against Columbus and not the LG team that gave bellville there closes game this year and Beat La Vernia which beat Navarro pretty bad..bad coaching bad play calls if this coach dnt fix it he needs to go to much talent to ve 1-3