PDA

View Full Version : Cuero 44 Sealy 20

Gobbla2001
09-19-2003, 11:11 PM
Believe it or not, it was a closer game than the score suggest...

It was 13-13 at half time, and within the first minute of the second half Sealy scored on a fumble recovery to make it 20-13 Sealy...

A couple of blocked punts and a long run later, Cuero's up big...

Hang 'em up high Sealy, you'll be dangerous in district...

FormerBellvilleBrahma
09-19-2003, 11:18 PM
Sorrie Gobbla, we must have posted at about the same time. Congrats on a big win! :D

3afan
09-19-2003, 11:24 PM
congrats ................

Old Green
09-19-2003, 11:56 PM
Great game between both teams. Hats off to ya!

bd62
09-20-2003, 12:08 AM
good job cuero. our boys will be back down to earth now. the coaches told them what would happen if they didnt get after it. had to find out the hard way. giddings played great and we help them with 6 turnovers. better now than in district.

lepfan
09-20-2003, 12:44 AM
Congrats on a W Gobbla....way to go Cuero!!!

Pudlugger
09-20-2003, 05:55 AM
Congratulations to Cuero for shutting down the Sealy offense. The Sealy line owned La Grange last week now it looks like there is a new Sheriff in town! Good luck in district. :)

sinton66
09-20-2003, 07:47 AM
Great win for Cuero. Congratulations. Looking forward to next Friday. Maybe it'll dry up some before then. Pirate stadium took a beating last night, divots everywhere. Ground crew's got their work cut out for them. Rained over 10 inches during Wednesday and Thursday.

the tigers are back
09-20-2003, 07:58 AM
My hat goes off to the cuero gobblers a well exucuted game.The gobblers captiliazed on every turn over we made total of six.We had to block punts recoverd for a 2 tds and 3 or 4 int.;and a fumble was recoverd on about the 25 of cuero.I will not sit here amd make any excuses,but i will say this; i don't see how the gobblers let rice defeat them.Cuero is a much solid team than that and very quick on the ball both ways.I guess it's better now to lose than to lose in dist.I sure hope the boys don't let this one hunt them.This one is over so let's move on to the next one in Ingleside. I will say this much man it was one of those games when you wish you had stayed at home.Most of all when the real team stayed at home and the bad to showed up."SO EMBARASSED" I JUST DON'T KNOW WHERE THE REAL SEALY TIGERS WAS LAST NIGHT; I guess looking at the lagrange celebration. wink

fullhouse
09-20-2003, 09:25 AM
Fantastic effort by the Gobblers. Y'all were impressive on both sides of the ball and looked plum hungry! I was very impressed with both your size and speed and feel sorry for your district opponents! Keep up the good work and good luck to you. You've got alot of young kids on that team too ~ WOW!

Unfortunately, we didn't get out of this one injury free.

<small>[ September 20, 2003, 09:47 AM: Message edited by: fullhouse ]</small>

Tiger Turtle
09-20-2003, 10:05 AM
Fine looking group of kids the Gobblers have there. Looks like they are putting it together just in time for district, and should do well the rest of the way. Congratulations on a good game and good luck the rest of the season.

SintonFan
09-20-2003, 11:03 AM
Congratulations Gobblers on the win. Looks like you guys have something nice developing. Good luck next week and I hope both teams come out of it injury-free.

Bellville22
09-20-2003, 11:47 AM
Read this box score in the paper this morning, and sounds like it was a thriller til about the middle of the 3rd. Congrats to Cuero, I didn't give you guys much respect, I picked Sealy by 14.

Don't get down Sealy, sometimes an early loss helps you in the long run. I've said it hundreds of times, but Bellville's loss to Elgin last year was the best thing that happened to us.

Good luck to both teams.

the tigers are back
09-20-2003, 11:54 AM
Thanks bellville for your kind and encouraging words.We never thought we would lose this game;but like i said on any given day it can happen.I hope to see you'll next week against Rice,because we play saturday in Victoria.I wish you'll the best in a victory"stand up for Austin Co.Oh lt's not forgett dist. 23a bellville and navasota undefeated keep it up guy's eek!