PDA

View Full Version : Week 2 La Grange at Class 3AD1#7 Columbus

Leopardfan201
08-27-2022, 01:47 PM
As La Grange feel just short of #12 ranked Bellville 24 to 14..which was 17 to 14 before Bellville put it away late in the 4th and Columbus destroying Giddings 42 to 7..another tough challenge but il give nod to La Grange by 10

Scoop27
08-27-2022, 03:28 PM
Audio Webcasts

La Grange Feed
www.kvlgkbuk.com

Columbus Feed
https://kulmradio.com/

Pudlugger
08-27-2022, 06:55 PM
As La Grange feel just short of #12 ranked Bellville 24 to 14..which was 17 to 14 before Bellville put it away late in the 4th and Columbus destroying Giddings 42 to 7..another tough challenge but il give nod to La Grange by 10

The Leps paid a huge price holding Bellville to a 10-point victory with their standout defensive lineman Jaren Woods #58 to a serious season ending injury in the 2nd quarter. It is very difficult to tackle a running back when 4 or 5 huge lineman join up after first contact to mow down everyone in the way. It looked a lot like a Rugby scrum with the Bulls standing up their rb and going downfield another 5 or 6 yards almost every play. I don't know if pushing or, in some cases, standing up and propelling the rb forward is legal but if it is it is sure effective. It is also dangerous if you get trampled by several huge players. If blocking below the waist is no longer allowed (it used to be taught as good technique back in the day) then maybe this should be looked at as more and more teams go to the slot t which facilitates this style of running game.

Colombus will be very tough at home. The Leps played pretty well as far as penalties go they only had a couple of procedure penalties and a holding call and one unsportsmanlike call for a late hit. Three turnovers 2 interceptions and a forced fumble on a sack is not too bad for game 1 against a physical opponent like Bellville. The Leps need to refine their passing game if they want to open up their offense. I did not see Rogers as WR all night and was hoping they would go to the house with his dominant speed on the field last night. The Bellville game was a mis match for the Leps with the Bulls having a significant size and physical advantage that held the Leps superior speed in check for much of the first half. I don't think the Cardinals will be as physical and match up better with the Leps so if the team can shake off the disappointing loss of Woods and the D steps up we will make a game of it. Leps by 7.

Leopardfan201
08-27-2022, 07:07 PM
Agreed I dnt think Columbus is all bellville level Leopards had a chance to win but to many 4th quarter mistakes

Scoop27
08-27-2022, 08:38 PM
Going with The Schoebel's and Cardinals to pull out a hard fought win

Leopardfan201
08-27-2022, 08:47 PM
Good pick they could win but do u think columbus is on bellville level

Scoop27
08-27-2022, 08:54 PM
The Cardinals margin of victory over apparently a weak Giddings team was a surprise. Should be a low scoring game

buff4ever
08-28-2022, 10:49 PM
The Leps paid a huge price holding Bellville to a 10-point victory with their standout defensive lineman Jaren Woods #58 to a serious season ending injury in the 2nd quarter. It is very difficult to tackle a running back when 4 or 5 huge lineman join up after first contact to mow down everyone in the way. It looked a lot like a Rugby scrum with the Bulls standing up their rb and going downfield another 5 or 6 yards almost every play. I don't know if pushing or, in some cases, standing up and propelling the rb forward is legal but if it is it is sure effective. It is also dangerous if you get trampled by several huge players. If blocking below the waist is no longer allowed (it used to be taught as good technique back in the day) then maybe this should be looked at as more and more teams go to the slot t which facilitates this style of running game.

Colombus will be very tough at home. The Leps played pretty well as far as penalties go they only had a couple of procedure penalties and a holding call and one unsportsmanlike call for a late hit. Three turnovers 2 interceptions and a forced fumble on a sack is not too bad for game 1 against a physical opponent like Bellville. The Leps need to refine their passing game if they want to open up their offense. I did not see Rogers as WR all night and was hoping they would go to the house with his dominant speed on the field last night. The Bellville game was a mis match for the Leps with the Bulls having a significant size and physical advantage that held the Leps superior speed in check for much of the first half. I don't think the Cardinals will be as physical and match up better with the Leps so if the team can shake off the disappointing loss of Woods and the D steps up we will make a game of it. Leps by 7.

I see pud is still typing out great story lines

Scoop27
08-30-2022, 10:58 AM
Is Giddings down this year that Columbus won that game by 35 points over then, Or is Columbus that good?

Leopardfan201
08-30-2022, 02:39 PM
I was reading online that bellville did beat columbus in thr scrimmage 1 to 0 both 1st teams ran 12 plays

Pudlugger
09-01-2022, 08:22 AM
Columbus marches up better with LG than did Belville. They have an offense that likes to throw the ball and a very accurate QB and some skilled WRs. The Cardinals have plenty of speed on offense and run out of multiple sets including the Pistol, I formation and Spread. La Grange appears to have a similar offensive game plan, but the passing game has yet to be tuned up. They have the skills so it is just a matter of finding their rhythm and they should be fine. The O line should be better prepared to secure the LOS as they will not be facing off against the big physical Bellville D where they were tested and although they gave up a lot of weight and size advantage put up a heck of a fight especially in the second half. That should have toughened them up pretty fast so I would expect they will play more like seasoned vets from here on out. LG by 3 in a squeaker. :)

Leopardfan201
09-01-2022, 10:22 AM
Columbus is a good team thr ranked # 6 in the state for a reason they have speed I watched film they like throwing the ball but LG has speed In the secondary Columbus will have success throwing the ball not like they did against giddings LG is a veteran team and will respond LG by 10

Scoop27
09-01-2022, 02:07 PM
I heard that there are 5 Schoebels' on the team plus their coach. This is going to be a great game to be at or listen to on the net on either KULM for KVLG-KBUK with Gary Dusek. Still going with the Cardinals by a touchdown

sinfan75
09-02-2022, 11:02 PM
I think Columbus has a pretty good team. La Grange not so much.

Scoop27
09-02-2022, 11:07 PM
How about those mighty Cardinals

Corn Cob
09-03-2022, 12:48 AM
I think Columbus has a pretty good team. La Grange not so much.
The sad truth is that a “not so much” good LaGrange ream is probably 21-28 points better than a Sinton team. Jus sayin

sinfan75
09-03-2022, 06:26 AM
The sad truth is that a “not so much” good LaGrange ream is probably 21-28 points better than a Sinton team. Jus sayin

LOL that's what was said last year when Sinton and La Grange met in the play-offs. We all know who won that game. Be nice to see a rematch but don't think that will happen this year.