PDA

View Full Version : *** Donation Information ***

Administrator
02-18-2004, 12:46 AM
Ok, so you've wondered how some of the users have the "Donating Member" icon under their name (or maybe you haven't). It is that time again for some upgrades to this site, and this time, we are looking to upgrade the discussion board software from the current UBB.Classic to a newer, faster, more stable board - The software that we're now looking at is vBulletin. [ See this thread for more information: http://bbs.3adownlow.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=014490 ] All data/posts/pm's/icons/etc will be imported into the new board, there will be NO DATA LOSS. As always, before any major upgrades, the system is backed up.

The software is less than $200, and there is no minimum donation amount required. Due to the smaller amount of money needed to purchase the software, PayPal is the only method being offered at this time.

To donate, click on the "Make Donation" button below - This will be a relatively short donation period lasting probably no more than a few weeks.

Anyone who donates will receive recognition on the board with their status changed to "Donating Member" and will have a small graphic also showing that you're a donating member. Please be sure to include your username when donating via PayPal in your donation. If you have donated, and your status hasn't changed within 1 week of donation, Please PM me, and i'll get you fixed up.

- Click the PayPal Donation Icon below to donate -

Donation's have been met this time, Thanks for your support!

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/donating.gif

<FONT color="#0080FF">View a list of Current 3A Down Low Donating Members - http://bbs.3adownlow.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=005816<FONT color="#FF0080">CLICK HERE</a>

<small>[ February 20, 2004, 10:44 AM: Message edited by: Administrator ]</small>

SintonFan
02-18-2004, 01:08 AM
I can donate a little money to my favorite board, of course!
It's for a good cause... :cool:

<small>[ February 18, 2004, 12:27 AM: Message edited by: SintonFan ]</small>

poncho
02-18-2004, 02:06 AM
I agree Sintonfan there are good people on this board. I put my donation in. :D

<small>[ February 18, 2004, 01:42 AM: Message edited by: poncho ]</small>

sinton66
02-18-2004, 07:42 AM
66 is on board. Everyone please remember, donations are strictly voluntary. Please don't even feel bad if you can't contribute at this time. We've all been there and understand. wink

<small>[ February 18, 2004, 07:18 AM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

Phil C
02-18-2004, 09:28 AM
I want to donate but I want to send a money order but I couldn't see an address. I am sure it is there but due to computer I am missing it. Can anyone enlight?

vet93
02-18-2004, 09:58 AM
On board...the new software will really be a nice addition to the site.

District303aPastPlayer
02-18-2004, 10:20 AM
LADIES and GENTLEMEN....I donated.... so everyone else can donate too... if as many as 100 of us donate 5 bucks... we can take care of everything with money to spare for T-SHIRTS!

Phil C
02-18-2004, 10:42 AM
I agree District. If they can just let me know where to mail the money order and who to make it out to.

Ranger Mom
02-18-2004, 10:50 AM
I don't understand the paypal thing really!!

I want to donate, but just paid all my credit cards off and don't want to put ANYTHING back on them (the one that I didn't cut up!!)

I'm will PhilC, I need an address where I can send it! If you don't want to have to mess with checks, I understand. I would be glad to send a money order!

vet93
02-18-2004, 10:54 AM
Phil...below is a copy of the message in Novemeber of 2002 from the administrator concerning the previous donations. You may want to confirm that address before you send your money order.

*****It has come for a favor to be asked of the 3A Down Low members. The board is still on the old server, and has to be moved to the new server again by December 15. The memory leak has been found, but there is not enough memory in the machine to handle the amount of traffic that is received to the board and causing the amount of processes on the machine to skyrocket, in turn, bogging down the board. (40,000 hits last month - and in November - 55,000) We are in the need of Donations to help get the board moved over to the new machine without having any major downtime. As always though, Donations are accepted but not something you have to do, but they're always appreciated. A separate Fund will be created for 3A Donations and used to upgrade the machine as needed, and/or purchase updated software to help the board speed up even more. You may use the paypal link at the top of the page to use PayPal to donate, or you may mail your donation to:

3A Down Low Donations
Bridge City, TX 77611

Anyone who donates will receive recognition on the board with their status changed to "Donating Member" and will have a small graphic also showing that you're a donating member. Please be sure to include your username when donating via PayPal or mailing in your donation. If you have donated, and your status hasn't change within 1 week of donation, Please PM me, and i'll get you fixed up. Should it be requested, there could be a "Donating Member Only" section of the board for those of you who donate to discuss anything you want amongst yourselves. Please remember that there is no minimum amount required to gain Donating Member status. Your dedication to this site has made it become with it has today, the largest discussion board for football in Texas. Please direct any questions to Matthew328.*****

pirate4state
02-18-2004, 11:54 AM
Gotcha covered!

ej2525
02-18-2004, 12:10 PM
Check is in the mail!!

Keith7
02-18-2004, 12:18 PM
vet93:
Phil...below is a copy of the message in Novemeber of 2002 from the administrator concerning the previous donations. You may want to confirm that address before you send your money order.

*****It has come for a favor to be asked of the 3A Down Low members. The board is still on the old server, and has to be moved to the new server again by December 15. The memory leak has been found, but there is not enough memory in the machine to handle the amount of traffic that is received to the board and causing the amount of processes on the machine to skyrocket, in turn, bogging down the board. (40,000 hits last month - and in November - 55,000) We are in the need of Donations to help get the board moved over to the new machine without having any major downtime. As always though, Donations are accepted but not something you have to do, but they're always appreciated. A separate Fund will be created for 3A Donations and used to upgrade the machine as needed, and/or purchase updated software to help the board speed up even more. You may use the paypal link at the top of the page to use PayPal to donate, or you may mail your donation to:

3A Down Low Donations
Bridge City, TX 77611

Anyone who donates will receive recognition on the board with their status changed to "Donating Member" and will have a small graphic also showing that you're a donating member. Please be sure to include your username when donating via PayPal or mailing in your donation. If you have donated, and your status hasn't change within 1 week of donation, Please PM me, and i'll get you fixed up. Should it be requested, there could be a "Donating Member Only" section of the board for those of you who donate to discuss anything you want amongst yourselves. Please remember that there is no minimum amount required to gain Donating Member status. Your dedication to this site has made it become with it has today, the largest discussion board for football in Texas. Please direct any questions to Matthew328.*****is this address still legit because i dont wanna be sending money to a stranger

slpybear the bullfan
02-18-2004, 01:26 PM
slpybear is on board...

Good site... good money spent...

Ranger Mom
02-18-2004, 02:35 PM
Until I get a definate answer from Matt, I am not gonna send anything to that address. From what I read, is sounds like paying any other way but by Paypal is NOT an option!!

Due to the smaller amount of money needed to purchase the software, PayPal is the only method being offered at this time.

Rabbit'93
02-18-2004, 02:57 PM
$$$ in its way.

poncho
02-18-2004, 04:18 PM
Phil C:
I agree District. If they can just let me know where to mail the money order and who to make it out to.Phil send it to me. I'll take care of it for you. :D

Phil C
02-18-2004, 06:05 PM
Thank you Poncho but I already found out that Vet93 has a legitimate address so I will be sending them a money order {on payday of course} :)

sinton66
02-18-2004, 06:59 PM
Vet93 and Phil: please pm Administrator (member #1)and ask before mailing to that address. It may no longer be valid. I'll pm him also.

Everybody note: Pay Pal also now can tie your account directly to your checking account. Don't think you HAVE to use a credit card.

<small>[ February 18, 2004, 06:12 PM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

3afan2K3
02-18-2004, 07:40 PM
money on the way

olddawggreen
02-18-2004, 07:59 PM
Olddawggreen and Spaniard are Pay Palled in!

VERNONLION#1
02-18-2004, 09:35 PM
DONATION WILL BE ON IT'S WAY!

sinton66
02-18-2004, 11:14 PM
Those of you that stated you were going to mail a check should receive a pm. Check them. Hopefully, we'll actually get more than we need for the software. Administrator can just leave it in the paypal account for the next upgrade if we do.

<small>[ February 18, 2004, 10:25 PM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

Mustang '89
02-19-2004, 12:10 AM
Money has been sent!!!!

spiveyrat
02-19-2004, 06:44 AM
What's the time-frame on the new software?

SintonFan
02-19-2004, 11:19 AM
sinton66:
Those of you that stated you were going to mail a check should receive a pm. Check them. Hopefully, we'll actually get more than we need for the software. Administrator can just leave it in the paypal account for the next upgrade if we do..
I'm trying to get my card debt down, too. Whoever is sending the pm for the address, please pm me too. I'll send it Friday.

<small>[ February 19, 2004, 10:19 AM: Message edited by: SintonFan ]</small>

sinton66
02-19-2004, 11:27 AM
spiveyrat:
What's the time-frame on the new software?I'd say he should be able to place the order Monday, then give him another week to install and tweak.
So, Monday after next we should be using the new stuff.

<small>[ February 19, 2004, 10:28 AM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

spiveyrat
02-19-2004, 11:37 AM
Wow! That's faster than I anticipated! eek!

poncho
02-19-2004, 01:29 PM
:D :D :D sounds good!

Cat22
02-19-2004, 03:09 PM
Count me in. Just sent through paypal. You guys are doing a fantastic job. Thanks for all your hard work.

Old No. 7
02-19-2004, 05:13 PM
I would like to donate too. I plan on using the address Vet93 gave. If this is not a good address please let me know before friday. Thanks.

Wildcat81
02-19-2004, 06:34 PM
I donated last night.

sinton66
02-19-2004, 07:53 PM
Old No. 7:
I would like to donate too. I plan on using the address Vet93 gave. If this is not a good address please let me know before friday. Thanks.Old No.7, I'd say go back to the top of the thread and pm administrator. He's handling the money part. Just click on the pm icon above his first post on the thread.

<small>[ February 19, 2004, 06:53 PM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

Old No. 7
02-19-2004, 08:06 PM
Thanks sinton66.

spiveyrat
02-20-2004, 11:35 AM
How much has been collected?

Are we there yet?

Administrator
02-20-2004, 11:35 AM
Ladies and Gentleman,
Thanks for your donations! We've received more than enough money to cover the cost of the new software! I don't have a timeframe on when the changeover will take place, but I expect it to be within 30 days. I will post an announcement before it's done, because the board will be down for about 1 hour while importing information over to the new board.

Thanks to everyone who donated!

sinton66
02-20-2004, 12:09 PM
Thank you for the great job you're doing, Matt. We all appreciate it very much.

Rabbit'93
02-20-2004, 03:37 PM
I second that 66. Matt thank you for taking up your personal time to deal with all of us. :D

poncho
02-20-2004, 04:06 PM
Rabbit'93:
I second that 66. Matt thank you for taking up your personal time to deal with all of us. :D Yeah, what Rabbit93 said. :)

3afan2K3
02-21-2004, 01:07 AM
Cna you tell how much money you have gotten so far?