PDA

View Full Version : State Champs ?

CHS_DT38
11-13-2001, 06:10 PM
Who do you pick to win State?

g-town fan
11-13-2001, 07:59 PM
Giddings Buffaloes---look out for them, no one has respected them all year but they are very tough. Mark my words, Giddings will win state!!!!!!!

3Aroy
11-13-2001, 08:39 PM
It is a little bit early for a prediction g-town. There are many good teams out there in 3A. Giddings will have a hard time getting out of region 3.

Rabbit93
11-13-2001, 10:16 PM
I agree it's probably too early for predictions. There are several teams that have a shot right now.

Matthew328
11-13-2001, 10:56 PM
If Giddings was in Division 1, then they'd have a good shot...Division 1 is a bit thin in Region 3..but in Division 2 in Region 3 is pretty deep...China Spring, Yoe, Diboll, Newton, Barbers Hill, Sealy and Rice Consolidated just to name a few..

REBEL II
11-14-2001, 12:01 AM
Giddings has a legitimate shot, if they get a few breaks here and there.
If they're on, and they get some momentum (which they will a/g Lorena) they will be hard to beat.
Area and Quarterfinals will be their biggest competition.

chappy
11-15-2001, 10:23 AM
giddings has a very legitimate shot at goin to state. if they can hold on to the ball and get the defense goin, they may be unstopable.

df1
11-15-2001, 10:34 AM
Newton will make their own breaks,Coach Barbay said in an enterview with the Beaumont
Enterprise that this team's defence is as good if not better than the 98 championship
team.If the offence continue's the way they have been playing & they stay healhty there will be no stopping Newton this year.

JBS013300
11-15-2001, 12:49 PM
Definitely will be Everman or Forney in D1....The two play in the second round. That game WILL decide the 3A-D1 State Champions!

Idiot
11-15-2001, 01:48 PM
Now now JBS013300 dont give the championship out just yet to either one of those teams, even though i do agree both teams are very talented, but there are 1 or 2 other teams that could just as easily take that championship.So why dont we let this whole playoff thing run its course before we hand out the championship.

[This message has been edited by Idiot (edited November 15, 2001).]

Husker98
11-15-2001, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by df1:
Newton will make their own breaks,Coach Barbay said in an enterview with the Beaumont
Enterprise that this team's defence is as good if not better than the 98 championship
team.If the offence continue's the way they have been playing & they stay healhty there will be no stopping Newton this year.

Barbay knows his stuff, but I don't think the defense is any better than the '98 defense. That defense in '98 gave up an average of only 6 points per game. I don't know what the average is this year, but I don't think its that low. Don't get me wrong, the defense is good and also bigger, but to say they are better than '98 defense, well that's hard to believe. The offense has improved alot this year. The backfield is better than the one in '98, but I don't think the o-line is as aggressive or as quick. The one thing Newton really needs is a quarterback. The one they have has a good arm, but he's slow and he lobs the ball up in the air making it easy to be intercepted. Some of those teams in the playoffs will have cornerbacks that will intercept them too. However, Newton does have one of the best backfields in the state. David and Alfred run hard and both have good speed, and if they stay healthy, they should carry Newton all the way again this year.

JBS013300
11-15-2001, 02:19 PM
hey idiot...you could be right...but so could i

Idiot
11-15-2001, 02:57 PM
oh i agree you COULD be right,just wanted to leave room in the championship celebration for a couple of other possible winners

bigdawg
11-15-2001, 03:33 PM
I wouldn't count out Wylie. We may just have the team that could win state this year.

footballmom
11-15-2001, 04:43 PM
Way, way to early to predict state champs. There are too many good teams and too many games to be played. Let's just take it a week at a time for now until the pack is thinned a bit. We all have a special team with whom our loyalties lie, but a month is too early for those predictions.

df1
11-15-2001, 06:02 PM
Husker,the defence has only given up seven points since regular season begain.You are right,the passing game is their weakest point,but no one is going to beat them if they can't score.

Super Joe
11-15-2001, 06:05 PM
Im sorry, and I dont mean to get on you directly DF1, but it is spelled defense, with an S, and offense with an S.

df1
11-15-2001, 06:10 PM
lol,sorry Joe but you have to understand I went to Newton to.

JBS013300
11-15-2001, 06:35 PM
1 word...FORNEY

CHS_DT38
11-15-2001, 09:32 PM
Everman or Forney,that game will definetly determine the next state champs

coolguycody_c
11-15-2001, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by BIGDAWG:
I wouldn't count out Wylie. We may just have the team that could win state this year.

Wylie has some stiff competition in the first round. Vernon doesn't like to lose. They have a winning tradition, and have the taste victory in their mouth. They're not likely to give up very easily. Oh, how I wish had hadn't moved so I'd be on that team...

bigdawg
11-16-2001, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by CHS_DT38:
Everman or Forney,that game will definetly determine the next state champs

How can you say that game will determine the next state champs. That is soooo stupid. They are dang good teams, but you can't count out all the other good teams in the state. There are tons of teams that could win state this year. Too many good teams to decide yet, and one game WILL NOT determine the state champs.