PDA

View Full Version : Wimberley Texans Football 2022

Tejastrue
07-02-2022, 10:20 AM
Starting a little early this year because there has been a little shake up to the Texans roster. Disappointing to say the least. I do know we have some very good options chomping at the bit to get their shot.

Thanks OG

From twitter:

Cash McCollum (https://twitter.com/Cash_McCollum)

@Cash_McCollum (https://twitter.com/Cash_McCollum)

My dad recently accepted a football coaching job at China Spring High School so I will now be playing football at China Spring this season. Go Cougars! @CS_Fball (https://twitter.com/CS_Fball)
#txhsfb (https://twitter.com/hashtag/txhsfb?src=hashtag_click)

Old Green
07-02-2022, 11:26 AM
Starting a little early this year because there has been a little shake up to the Texans roster. Disappointing to say the least. I do know we have some very good options chomping at the bit to get their shot.

Thanks OG

From twitter:

Cash McCollum (https://twitter.com/Cash_McCollum)

@Cash_McCollum (https://twitter.com/Cash_McCollum)

My dad recently accepted a football coaching job at China Spring High School so I will now be playing football at China Spring this season. Go Cougars! @CS_Fball (https://twitter.com/CS_Fball)
#txhsfb (https://twitter.com/hashtag/txhsfb?src=hashtag_click)
He was one of my favorite players to watch in person. Hate to see him leave, but he will do good at CS.

Matthew328
07-02-2022, 12:31 PM
big addition for China Spring considering QB was a major question mark

d0tc0m
07-05-2022, 09:50 AM
big addition for China Spring considering QB was a major question mark

No doubt. That's a big answer to a big question. Cougars will challenge for that district AND for Region II now, in my opinion.

Region II is absolutely loaded.

jason
07-05-2022, 10:52 AM
No doubt. That's a big answer to a big question. Cougars will challenge for that district AND for Region II now, in my opinion.

Region II is absolutely loaded.
*Region II is absolutely loaded again.

Fixed it for you!

d0tc0m
07-11-2022, 09:26 AM
*Region II is absolutely loaded again.

Fixed it for you!

Stephenville
China Spring
La Vega
Celina
Kennedale

And then some dark horses that could cause some headaches come postseason: Kaufman, Anna, Paris. And don't take your eyes off Frisco Panther Creek. New school in FISD, and they'll almost certainly have 5A Div. I (or close) numbers by the time the season starts. There will be some really good teams go home by round two.

jason
07-11-2022, 12:01 PM
Keep an eye out for the RB at La Vega. Came in last year once game was out of reach and put on a show as a freshman. Gonna be a stud.

Stephenville
China Spring
La Vega
Celina
Kennedale

And then some dark horses that could cause some headaches come postseason: Kaufman, Anna, Paris. And don't take your eyes off Frisco Panther Creek. New school in FISD, and they'll almost certainly have 5A Div. I (or close) numbers by the time the season starts. There will be some really good teams go home by round two.

Matthew328
07-12-2022, 09:00 AM
Anna and Paris are very similar, tricky darkhorse type teams that are fully capable of beating elite teams when they are on their game...that Paris-Stephenville playoff game was a perfect example..Paris was right in that thing until late....

d0tc0m
07-12-2022, 09:41 AM
Anna and Paris are very similar, tricky darkhorse type teams that are fully capable of beating elite teams when they are on their game...that Paris-Stephenville playoff game was a perfect example..Paris was right in that thing until late....

Paris is almost always a darkhorse. Always have the athletes. Just a matter of putting it together.

Anna feels like the next Melissa to me. Loaded with talent. Can they make the talent translate on the field? Time will tell. I'm really looking forward to that Celina vs Anna matchup in mid-September.

jason
07-12-2022, 10:45 AM
Worst game of the year. I told someone from Argyle we should have District champ t-shirts for our district and theirs and they didn't think it was very funny hehe.

Tejastrue
07-17-2022, 08:42 PM
Cash is from a football family which includes his dad and his older brother Cooper. Makes me wonder if the elder was looking for a position here that didn't pan out. All hearsay though. I'm seriously going to miss this kid after watching him develop thus far. Was so looking forward to this season to see his progression as a jr. Best of luck Cash!

https://twitter.com/Coach_J_Gregory/status/1544346580459077633/photo/1 (https://twitter.com/Coach_J_Gregory/status/1544346580459077633/photo/1)

jason
07-18-2022, 08:20 AM
Cash is from a football family which includes his dad and his older brother Cooper. Makes me wonder if the elder was looking for a position here that didn't pan out. All hearsay though. I'm seriously going to miss this kid after watching him develop thus far. Was so looking forward to this season to see his progression as a jr. Best of luck Cash!

https://twitter.com/Coach_J_Gregory/status/1544346580459077633/photo/1 (https://twitter.com/Coach_J_Gregory/status/1544346580459077633/photo/1)

What's the difference in this kid moving because his dad took a job vs the kid from Sherman who was told he wouldn't be able to play where his dad took a job? It was to Gunter maybe?

Tejastrue
07-18-2022, 05:53 PM
How did you get that from what I posted?

jason
07-19-2022, 11:32 AM
i was just thinking out loud - i had just read something about the sherman qb and was surprised he wasn't able to follow his dad - thought that was usually rubber stamped by districts

d0tc0m
07-19-2022, 11:32 AM

I don't think he did. I think he's just asking the question. That conversation is happening over on the other board.

Matthew328
07-20-2022, 08:21 AM
The biggest thing about the Gunter/Sherman thing at least from listening to the UIL hearing was the kid made some comments about his recruitment, Gunter ISD no longer allows out of district transfers except for empioyees of kids, but they allowed the athlete in question to enroll before his Dad was hired etc....so basically the combination of the admin work that maybe didnt align properly and some of the he said/she said resulted in the transfer being denied by both the DEC and UIL....weather or not its the right decision by the UIL is a good question..but the kid did go back to Sherman and will play for Sherman this season

Tejastrue
07-22-2022, 04:31 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FYNfKGEXoAEkZ50?format=jpg&name=medium

Tejastrue
08-21-2022, 08:04 PM
Wimberley is at Canyon Lake to open the season. QB situation is still unsettled but highly contested. Texans will be weighing heavily upon the defense early on. Looking forward to Friday night!

Tejastrue
08-25-2022, 09:31 PM
Finals...
JV - Wimberley 35 Canyon Lake 14
Freshmen - Wimberley 22 Canyon Lake 21

Tejastrue
08-31-2022, 06:56 PM
Up next for the Texans are the 5A D-II Pieper Warriors (0-1). Another school district popping up in Comal County. I believe this is their first Varsity season. They are coming off a loss to 5A-D1 "Leander" Glen HS 34-10 while the Texans (1-0) defeated crosstown rival Canyon Lake 21-14.

Tejastrue
09-04-2022, 09:05 PM
Well I tried to post it.. without a charge...San Marcos Daily Record coverage of the game to no avail..Texans dominated for the most part. Defense is stellar. Offense is still a work in progress but really something to be excited about. Up next is a very talented Brock team. This will be a real gauge as to where the Texans are as a team, at least at this point in the season. Go Texans!

Corn Cob
09-04-2022, 10:54 PM
Go eagles!

Tejastrue
09-09-2022, 06:58 PM
Appreciate the support CC. lol Almost game time. For those interested and don't want to pay....

brockisdathletics.com/broadcasts

Go Texans!

Tejastrue
09-10-2022, 12:10 PM
Texans, now (3-0) take it 32-23. Tough, tough battle with the Texans taking a 23-7 lead into the half. Brock tied it up at 23 early in the 4th but Wimberley was able to break through with a TD pass and then finish it off with a safety. Defense was on the field most of the 3rd but somehow managed to find a second wind and stand tall once Brock had tied it up. Hats off to the Eagles. Would not be surprised to see them win it all in 3A-DI.

Tejastrue
09-14-2022, 05:31 PM
Fredericksburg (1-1) visits Wimberley (3-0) this Friday. The Battlin Billies are coming off a nice win (31-28) over Kerrville Tivy. Their loss was a decisive one (53-17) to a very good Salado team. The scheduled game with Canyon Lake was suspended due to lightening in area therefore no record of a win or loss. Texan defense getting stronger as the season progresses and the offense is finding just enough while working through the growing pains. 7:30 start time. Go Texans!

Tejastrue
09-16-2022, 10:10 PM
Well........game was postponed. It seems we failed to secure something very important for a football game. The refs! We will try again in the morning. Game time scheduled for 10:00am. Just crazy! Gotta love it. Go Texans!

the latest....

https://texashsfootball.com/stadium-packed-both-teams-ready-referees-no-show/

Tejastrue
09-16-2022, 10:43 PM
Just thought about this...breakfast tacos from MiMa's for the game time munchies! God I love Wimberley Texan Football and MiMa's!

Tejastrue
09-19-2022, 08:58 PM
Texans (4-0) travel up Hwy 281 this Friday (7:30) to square off with Lampasas (3-1). The Badgers are coming off a decisive victory over a now (0-4) Pflugerville Connally team while Wimberley edged Fredericksburg 17-14. The "Code Red" defense will need to continue their dominant play as the offense continues to struggle. The big plays are there but timing is everything. Looking forward to this one at Badger Stadium. A grass field...ah, the sweet aroma of bermuda under the lights of a Friday Night H.S. football game. Go Texans!

Tejastrue
09-22-2022, 08:25 PM
Wimberley freshmen win 27-14 scoring two tds in the last 30 seconds of the game.

Tejastrue
09-22-2022, 08:52 PM
Texans JV win 28-3.

Tejastrue
09-27-2022, 05:50 PM
Wimberley (5-0) takes care of Lampasas this past Friday with a hard fought 38-28 win. Game was not as close as the scored might indicate. I will mention that the defense continues to be the backbone of this team. Texans put up close to 500 yards of offense while holding the Badgers to just over 200. They were also doubled in plays ran by a 61-32 margin. One score for Lampasas, with less than a minute to go in the half, was an ill advised Wimberley pass back across the field that was picked off for an easy TD return. Young gun mistake by our sophomore QB. He would come out the 2nd half with a vengeance and ended up with 174 yards passing while rushing for 171 yards and played his hand in all 5 of the Texan touchdowns. Up next is our bye week and then the Jarrell Cougars will be coming into town Oct. 7th. It is homecoming and our district opener. Go Texans!

Tejastrue
09-27-2022, 07:55 PM
Just a note: Wimberley Texans reward for the win to go 5-0 was to drop 2 notches in Dave Campbell's top 10 rankings. Gotta love it.

Tejastrue
10-03-2022, 04:47 PM
I know they play this game every season with the same results but the Texans looked great last Friday against long time rival "Idle". So much that they moved up a spot in Dave Campbell's top ten. Congrats boys!

SintonFan_inAustin
10-04-2022, 03:31 AM
I know they play this game every season with the same results but the Texans looked great last Friday against long time rival "Idle". So much that they moved up a spot in Dave Campbell's top ten. Congrats boys!

Idle points deserved, tough but injury free week. Texans looking good in 2022

Tejastrue
10-07-2022, 05:19 PM
Could be a trap game tonight. Getting a few of the 9 or so injured starters back for this one. Go Texans!

Tejastrue
10-08-2022, 11:00 AM
Texans found their groove on offense with a 73-14 win over Jarrell. 49-7 at the half.

Tejastrue
10-08-2022, 08:30 PM
I will add...over 600 yds of offense.

Tejastrue
10-11-2022, 08:51 PM
Wimberley (6-0) will be at Manor New Tech (4-2) on Friday (7:30). These two teams have matched up the last two years with the outcome completely one sided. 70-8 and 88-0. One might think the Titans to be vastly improved this year as their record might indicate with a signature win over Navarro...wait, Austin Navarro. :wave:Look for playing time for all in this one. Go Texans!

Tejastrue
10-15-2022, 11:22 AM
Texans take it 63-0 with a running clock for the entire 2nd half. As expected there was plenty of playing time for all. Up next, some real district competition with the Navarro Panthers making the visit to Wimberley. Not sure what to expect from the Panthers as they are uncharacteristically at (4-3).

Tejastrue
10-15-2022, 07:39 PM
Forgot to mention our JV played Thursday night against Lake Travis. I'm not sure which team they brought to Wimberley. They have two. Does not matter. It was a barn burner with the Texans taking it 35-33. JV now 7-0. Freshmen did not play. Manor New Tech could not field a team. Freshmen team is also undefeated thus far.

Tejastrue
10-16-2022, 07:23 PM
Good to see this young man succeeding. No surprise here. With that said, we have good one of our own. Our back-up is right there as well. Not a bad situation to have.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/12019628/634af73306622b046424e182

sinfan75
10-22-2022, 01:12 PM
Watched the Wimberley - Navarro game last night. Much closer game than I anticipated. Navarro has gotten alot better compared to earlier in the year. Fun game to watch as an outsider.

Tejastrue
10-22-2022, 09:22 PM
It was indeed a fun game to watch. 21-14 Texan win. Navarro was Navarro. Most always a competitive game no matter the ranking or the record. First serious game for our sophomore QB. For myself, because of our defense, the outcome was never in doubt. I will say, I was glad to see Navarro make this game highly competitive. It was exactly what this Texan team needed in a district game. Once again, it was our defense that was the difference when it was all said and done.

SaltySixes
10-23-2022, 09:36 AM
It was indeed a fun game to watch. 21-14 Texan win. Navarro was Navarro. Most always a competitive game no matter the ranking or the record. First serious game for our sophomore QB. For myself, because of our defense, the outcome was never in doubt. I will say, I was glad to see Navarro make this game highly competitive. It was exactly what this Texan team needed in a district game. Once again, it was our defense that was the difference when it was all said and done.

Yea, Code Red had to really dig deep to force that fumble on the handoff late in the game.. they were actually able to get the ball loose using telekinesis. Was amazing...

Tejastrue
10-23-2022, 03:07 PM
lol...we had a few things that did not go our way.

Tejastrue
10-23-2022, 08:54 PM
A little different... nice game highlights. A few ads to put up with.

https://t.co/59H9SFRSMD

Tejastrue
10-24-2022, 10:23 PM
It was mentioned that this could be the first time a Wimberley team has gone undefeated in the regular season since 2011, our last state title year. :thinking:

jason
10-25-2022, 09:30 AM
Why did the QB leave for China Spring? Sounds like the sophomore is doing good. Having a sophomore QB isn't always a bad thing, especially if they've got talent around them - look at Stephenville this year, their sophomore got 6 weeks worth of starts and experience filling in for the QB1.

Tejastrue
10-25-2022, 05:05 PM
Basically a certain coaching position for the father that just wasn't here. At least in the timing of it. I don't get into all the whys or wherefores of it all but China Spring just happened to accommodate. It has definitely worked out well thus far for both. Our soph. QB Cody Stoever can run the ball with some authority and we are taking advantage of that skill. He is maturing rather quickly and it is fun to watch.

Tejastrue
10-26-2022, 07:42 PM
Wimberley (8-0) will be visiting the Lago Vista Vikings (6-2) (2-1) this Friday (Senior Night) with the outright R-4 District 13 title on the line. What stands out to me was their loss to Navarro 42-21, a common opponent. The other loss was game 1 of the season to a very good (6-2) Cameron Yoe team 71-35. They tend to pass a lot so we'll surely get some much needed work for the secondary.

With that said, if anyone could recommend a few good places to eat in or around the town, I am all ears. Looking at Baker's Brisket Company. Know very little about the area.

stardog
10-26-2022, 10:53 PM
I like Rudy's BBQ - there's one on RR 620
Also Opie's BBQ at Spicewood

SaltySixes
10-27-2022, 11:27 AM
Basically a certain coaching position for the father that just wasn't here. At least in the timing of it. I don't get into all the whys or wherefores of it all but China Spring just happened to accommodate. It has definitely worked out well thus far for both. Our soph. QB Cody Stoever can run the ball with some authority and we are taking advantage of that skill. He is maturing rather quickly and it is fun to watch.

His brother was a good one in 2017 too.

ogg
10-27-2022, 04:47 PM
Wimberley (8-0) will be visiting the Lago Vista Vikings (6-2) (2-1) this Friday (Senior Night) with the outright R-4 District 13 title on the line. What stands out to me was their loss to Navarro 42-21, a common opponent. The other loss was game 1 of the season to a very good (6-2) Cameron Yoe team 71-35. They tend to pass a lot so we'll surely get some much needed work for the secondary.

With that said, if anyone could recommend a few good places to eat in or around the town, I am all ears. Looking at Baker's Brisket Company. Know very little about the area.

Wimbo needs to cleanup their mistakes/penalties.

Tejastrue
10-27-2022, 10:10 PM
Warning: 20 minutes plus..lol

https://lonestargridiron.com/2022/10/lago-vista-isd-vikings-102622/

Tejastrue
10-28-2022, 03:20 PM
Texans JV and Freshman both finished the season undefeated. If the Varsity can pull off this same feat it will be the first time in school history for all three in the same season.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-28-2022, 11:07 PM
I assume Wimberley has the district title locked up?

Tejastrue
10-28-2022, 11:25 PM
They do now.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-29-2022, 02:24 AM
They do now.

That's what I figured. Last update I saw of the Wimbo vs. Lago Vista game it was 24-21 so I wanted to be sure.

It would be cool to finally see a possible Port Isabel vs. Wimberley matchup in the 2nd round. I don't believe Wimberley and Port Isabel have ever faced each other before?

Tejastrue
10-29-2022, 05:22 PM
His brother was a good one in 2017 too.

Yes he was. The type of receiver we could always use aka Blakemore.

Tejastrue
10-29-2022, 05:40 PM
That's what I figured. Last update I saw of the Wimbo vs. Lago Vista game it was 24-21 so I wanted to be sure.

It would be cool to finally see a possible Port Isabel vs. Wimberley matchup in the 2nd round. I don't believe Wimberley and Port Isabel have ever faced each other before?

I believe you are right. I was thinking about where this game would be played if this did happen. Maybe Beeville like the Navarro game last year or Victoria. Let's not get ahead of ourselves. lol

SintonFan_inAustin
10-29-2022, 07:23 PM
I believe you are right. I was thinking about where this game would be played if this did happen. Maybe Beeville like the Navarro game last year or Victoria. Let's not get ahead of ourselves. lol

Disrict 15 not settle who is 3rd and 4th. Everything rides on Orange Grove vs Robstown. Robstown wins there is a 3 way tie in Robstown, Orange Grove and West Oso. Bishop and Port Isabel have to wait on that outcome to see who they play. Orange Grove should win so that would put PI vs Orange Grove.

Tejastrue
10-29-2022, 08:24 PM
I miss Mike Barnes but here is a little KVUE Friday Football Fever reporting and highlights...starts about 2 minutes in...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dB91nVfVOE

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-30-2022, 03:29 AM
Disrict 15 not settle who is 3rd and 4th. Everything rides on Orange Grove vs Robstown. Robstown wins there is a 3 way tie in Robstown, Orange Grove and West Oso. Bishop and Port Isabel have to wait on that outcome to see who they play. Orange Grove should win so that would put PI vs Orange Grove.

I wasn't sure who Robstown had in Week 11, but it's an assumption that PI vs. Orange Grove is a lock unless something weird happens (Robstown beating OG)

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-30-2022, 03:37 AM

It would depend on who won the toss. If Port Isabel won the toss, knowing my ol' ball coach, he'd try bringing Wimberley down to the RGV for a game. Boggus Stadium in Harlingen, TX, Bobby Morrow Stadium in San Benito, TX, or the stadium in Weslaco, TX Bobby Lackey I think it's called?

But if Wimberley wins the toss, Alamodome? Alamo Stadium? Seguin?

Tejastrue
10-30-2022, 07:08 PM
Alamodome would be ideal for me. I guess it all comes down to what is available. I think the location choice should go to the higher seed though. lol

Tejastrue
10-31-2022, 09:34 PM
Texans (9-0) are at home Friday against Austin Achieve (2-7). Final district game. Good chance of rain so who knows what will happen. :sleeping::sleeping::sleeping::sleeping::sleeping: :sleeping:

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-02-2022, 12:51 PM
Alamodome would be ideal for me. I guess it all comes down to what is available. I think the location choice should go to the higher seed though. lol

Nah, head down to the Valley. Get yourselves some top quality TexMex food! Maybe even stay the weekend on South Padre. If y’all are gonna kick our butts, at least make a weekend of it. lol. Who knows? Y’all might like the area!

bag-o-chips
11-03-2022, 12:40 PM
Texans JV and Freshman both finished the season undefeated. If the Varsity can pull off this same feat it will be the first time in school history for all three in the same season.

I thought Wimbo FR and Navarro Fr played last night?

Tejastrue
11-03-2022, 04:54 PM
They did. Not sure why this game was not played during the Navarro week for Varsity and JV but this is what happens when I get my info from a player's parent. lol... JV also had a non district game which was against 5A Alamo Heights yesterday and lost 20-7. Do not know the freshmen score against you guys. Maybe you can update us all. Bottom line was...no history was made this week. lol

bag-o-chips
11-03-2022, 09:35 PM
Heard Navarro freshman won 26 to 7

Tejastrue
11-05-2022, 06:58 PM
Texans (9-0) are at home Friday against Austin Achieve (2-7). Final district game. Good chance of rain so who knows what will happen. :sleeping::sleeping::sleeping::sleeping::sleeping: :sleeping:

Big delay with some awesome lightning in the area. Texans take it 66-0. 42-0 after the 1st. Halftime show was awesome. Emotional Senior night.

Playoffs are here...

Wimberley (10-0) vs. San Antonio YMLA (3-7), 7:30 p.m, next Thursday at San Antonio’s Alamo Stadium

Tejastrue
11-05-2022, 07:04 PM
Heard Navarro freshman won 26 to 7

Thanks for posting. Nice win.

Tejastrue
11-10-2022, 07:10 PM
Real season begins tonight. Best of luck to all!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-10-2022, 07:31 PM
Real season begins tonight. Best of luck to all!

Sinton is ready

Tejastrue
11-10-2022, 07:52 PM
You know they are. Best of luck to the Pirates!

Tejastrue
11-11-2022, 12:24 PM
Wimberley (11-0) vs Orange Grove (7-4)
Friday 7:30
Southwest Legacy Stadium San Antonio
Texans are home team.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-11-2022, 12:37 PM
Texans are home team.

Was 2015 last time meeting Orange Grove?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SDdlnPftaQ&embeds_loader_url_for_pings=aHR0cHM6Ly90d2l0dGVyLm NvbS8&embeds_origin=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cueW91dHViZS5jb20&feature=emb_logo

MUSTANG69
11-11-2022, 12:52 PM
Texans are home team.

Most likely will be a very lopsided game.

Tejastrue
11-11-2022, 02:35 PM
SintonFan_inAustin
Was 2015 last time meeting Orange Grove?

Yes. Not one of our better years (5-8) but still managed to beat OG, undefeated at the time if I recall and gave you guys some fits too. lol

Tejastrue
11-11-2022, 05:29 PM
Texans are home team.

Forgive me....location is Von Ormy, just outside of SA.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-17-2022, 03:34 AM
Matt Stepp aka MAthew328 has Wimberley by 38 over Orange Grove

and Navarro by 41 over Bishop

Tejastrue
11-18-2022, 06:22 PM
Thanks for posting. Not surprised but we shall see. Great football weather. Hopefully any precipitation and or wind stays to a minimum. Go Texans!

Tejastrue
11-19-2022, 08:06 PM
Texans defeat Orange Grove 48-0. It was a district sweep for D-13 over D-15.
coming up...

Wimberley (12-0) vs Jarrell (6-6)
Gupton Stadium Cedar Park
next Friday 6:00

Tejastrue
11-22-2022, 08:43 PM
https://txhsfb.net/8050/

Tejastrue
11-26-2022, 12:06 AM
Texans defeat Jarrell 64-6. Next up is Lago Vista, who downed Navarro 27-7. They are showing the location to be in Hutto, next Friday, 7:30 start.

Tejastrue
12-02-2022, 11:36 AM
Gameday! Looking for the Texans to make a statement!

Tejastrue
12-04-2022, 09:03 PM
Texans take it 49-30. Player(s) of the game had to be the offensive line as a whole. After that, all I can say or talk about this win over Lago is that the senior rb Johnny Ball was not like any I have seen since I have been following Wimberley football for the last 20 years. Only rb I can compare would be Michael Buse, a young man that was such an integral part of the 2005 SC team.

Tejastrue
12-08-2022, 05:46 PM
Nice article with lots of ads.

https://www.victoriaadvocate.com/advosports/cuero-wimberley-connected-in-many-ways/article_ee3e9570-75d1-11ed-92f0-4fae838e2eab.html

bluecat
12-14-2022, 05:22 AM
There’s another connection between the teams, the Patek family. Zach and Lane Patek for Wimberley and Cuero linebacker is a Patek. They all moved on from Shiner years ago.

Tejastrue
12-15-2022, 10:16 PM
Well, we made it back. Man this season has flown by. Wimberley vs Carthage. 11:00 Friday morning. Wimberley is the underdog by far. This team believes. No reason to doubt them. It has been such a pleasure to watch as the season unfolded. One more boys. Go Texans!

SintonFan_inAustin
12-16-2022, 10:26 AM
Well, we made it back. Man this season has flown by. Wimberley vs Carthage. 11:00 Friday morning. Wimberley is the underdog by far. This team believes. No reason to doubt them. It has been such a pleasure to watch as the season unfolded. One more boys. Go Texans!

Welcome to Arlington, back out there at the stadium hopefully 11 am game and 3 pm game and if I don't get called in to work like last night the night game with South Oak Cliff.

Ready to see Wimberley take down Carthage, I'll be wearing a Sinton Pirate Jacket or jiust shirt not to sure it's very cold outside as the sun is out. Sat on endzone seats by Pepsi logo yesterday most likely same spot. Good luck Texans and Greyhounds

Tejastrue
12-16-2022, 01:35 PM
The sound of it was nice. Texans do not match up well at all. Halftime. Carthage 35-0.

Matthew328
12-16-2022, 01:54 PM
The sound of it was nice. Texans do not match up well at all. Halftime. Carthage 35-0.

If its any consolation I'm not sure anyone in 4A plays with Carthage the way they played those 1st 24 minutes.

bobcat1
12-16-2022, 07:36 PM
If its any consolation I'm not sure anyone in 4A plays with Carthage the way they played those 1st 24 minutes.

I think they go to division 1 next year. Great Season Wimberly! Congrats Carthage on another Championship!

Tejastrue
12-16-2022, 09:41 PM
Well, they dropped down, for whatever reason this time around. Texans will probably move up before they will.

Tejastrue
12-16-2022, 10:04 PM
Before we turn out the lights tonight on yet another year just know...I am so proud of theses kids. No one outside of Wimberley expected them to be here. The future looks very, very bright. I am a nobody in regards to the upper echelon of Wimberley Texan football. I have just been following them passionately for the last 14 years. Just a blue collar Texan High School Football fanatic who happens to reside in this great town. Go Wimberley Texans!

Matthew328
12-17-2022, 01:25 AM
Carthage will be D2 next year and for the foreseeable future

bobcat1
12-17-2022, 04:30 PM
Carthage will be D2 next year and for the foreseeable future

Thanks! I don't know where I heard that but obviously they were wrong.

Tejastrue
12-18-2022, 09:52 PM
Hey Matt..do you have the attendance numbers on our game? Looked like a great showing but I could only see the Carthage side. lol

Tejastrue
12-18-2022, 10:30 PM
Austin American Statesman posted: 15,039.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-20-2022, 01:30 PM
Good size crowd.

https://twitter.com/3aSTXFan/status/1603798570649501699?s=20&t=bCX23uA-VmRhBu9c3RooYQ

Tejastrue
01-05-2023, 06:27 PM
A few honors for the team..

https://www.wimberleyisd.net/site/default.aspx?PageType=3&DomainID=4&ModuleInstanceID=229&ViewID=6446EE88-D30C-497E-9316-3F8874B3E108&RenderLoc=0&FlexDataID=7529&PageID=1

Tejastrue
01-28-2023, 11:06 PM
A post for Cash McCollum....I knew you were special from the first time I saw you play here in Wimberley. Congratulations to you and to China Spring Football. Outstanding season! Best of luck to you and however your future endeavors play out. With that said...Go Texans!

Tejastrue
02-11-2023, 09:32 PM
A future Wimberley Varsity star?

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/16658426/636afc272aa69505547d4fc8

ogg
02-14-2023, 02:57 PM

Has good speed.

Tejastrue
02-18-2023, 07:54 PM
Indeed, and lots of confidence. Kinda like a Blakemore kid from a few years back, if you know what I mean. lol

well... it's been more than a few years.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
02-22-2023, 01:57 AM

Wonder what kind of work his parents do? Maybe I can figure out a way to get them jobs at Space X down on South Padre so this kid can go to Port Isabel.

A kid with this build would THRIVE in the Slot-T.

I'm kidding btw. Don't get y'all's panties in a bunch.

ogg
02-23-2023, 04:05 PM
Indeed, and lots of confidence. Kinda like a Blakemore kid from a few years back, if you know what I mean. lol

well... it's been more than a few years.

Blakemore's confidence and game vision was off the chart.

Tejastrue
02-25-2023, 10:08 PM
Wonder what kind of work his parents do? Maybe I can figure out a way to get them jobs at Space X down on South Padre so this kid can go to Port Isabel.

A kid with this build would THRIVE in the Slot-T.

I'm kidding btw. Don't get y'all's panties in a bunch.
So you have contacts at Space X? I'm listening!

ogg
02-28-2023, 06:01 PM
Tejas, who would be your Wimberley "Mount Rushmore" Past Players?

Tejastrue
03-05-2023, 06:44 PM
Man, this is a tough one but I will go with Brennen Blakemore, Alden Mann, Ian Burnette and Michael Buse with Cade Stoever and Juan Olmedo waiting in the wings.

Tejastrue
03-12-2023, 10:54 PM
Come on ogg...your turn. lol

Tejastrue
03-31-2023, 10:29 PM
Ogg....????

Tejastrue
04-16-2023, 12:29 PM
A few team accolades for the 2022 season...

https://www.wimberleyisd.net/site/default.aspx?PageType=3&DomainID=4&ModuleInstanceID=229&ViewID=6446EE88-D30C-497E-9316-3F8874B3E108&RenderLoc=0&FlexDataID=7529&PageID=1

TarponFanInNorthTexas
04-19-2023, 11:10 PM
So you have contacts at Space X? I'm listening!

I can talk with a few folks, for sure.