PDA

View Full Version : Highland Park

ThaRealBulldog
02-05-2004, 05:35 PM
I see that Forney is now in district with Highland Park. I would love to see Forney whip them in everything, I hate those pricks from HP. I remember when Carthage ust to be 4a we had
a pretty good rivalry in baseball going because we met them almost everyyear n playoffs. They would always have some slogan like 'White cash against white trash'. It makes you wonder how people with so much money could be so ignorant. I just wanted to tell Forney to show no mercy in any sport against HP!!!!!

Bandera YaYa
02-05-2004, 06:04 PM
That slogan you say they had, is horrible! What kind of admin would allow that to be seen??? eek!
I'm sorry you had to endure that....I simply hate to see things like that....but ignorance breeds ignorance, they say!

Rabbit'93
02-05-2004, 06:08 PM
It'll be tough going against a school that barely missed the 5A cutoff by a few kids. They are reall tough in all sports. I don't care too much for'em myself. Thanks for the support!!

<small>[ February 05, 2004, 05:10 PM: Message edited by: Rabbit'93 ]</small>

poncho
02-05-2004, 06:50 PM
Its unfortunate part of the world we live in, but when push comes to shove kick their buts on the field. :D

VWG
02-05-2004, 08:59 PM
I'm not a Scots fan, but places like Highland Park are all over the place. Don't take a few bad people out of an area and think everyone is like that.
Southlake Carroll has tons of money, Austin Westlake, SA Alamo Heights, heck.. I would be willing to say that people around Abilene think that the Wylie district is "upper class" folk.
Small town schools get people from all walks of life. Oilfield workers, bankers, factory workers, farmers and ranchers, etc....
Play hard, but play smart. Don't stoop to that level.

3afan2K3
02-05-2004, 09:01 PM
ThaRealBulldog:
They would always have some slogan like 'White cash against white trash'Real men don't wear skirts

<small>[ February 05, 2004, 08:14 PM: Message edited by: 3afan2K3 ]</small>

Rabbit'93
02-06-2004, 01:04 PM
VWG:
I'm not a Scots fan, but places like Highland Park are all over the place. Don't take a few bad people out of an area and think everyone is like that.
Southlake Carroll has tons of money, Austin Westlake, SA Alamo Heights, heck.. I would be willing to say that people around Abilene think that the Wylie district is "upper class" folk.
Small town schools get people from all walks of life. Oilfield workers, bankers, factory workers, farmers and ranchers, etc....
Play hard, but play smart. Don't stoop to that level.Highland Park has been that way for years. I've heard stories about chants the students would do...something about we could buy your school and things. They are the epitamy of spoiled rich kids. The things about it though...even though the school's kids have parents with big pockets...the really rich kids go to Jesuit Prep or Ursaline Academy. So they really aren't the richest school in there area. HEHE take that. :D

Phil C
02-06-2004, 02:46 PM
Doak Walker and Bobby Layne played for Highland Park.

jason
02-06-2004, 03:22 PM
Rabbit'93:

VWG:
Play hard, but play smart. Don't stoop to that level.Highland Park has been that way for years. I've heard stories about chants the students would do...something about we could buy your school and things. They are the epitamy of spoiled rich kids. The things about it though...even though the school's kids have parents with big pockets...the really rich kids go to Jesuit Prep or Ursaline Academy. So they really aren't the richest school in there area. HEHE take that. :D yes, all that is true...but they win, and they win often and in a lot of things...

callandraise
02-06-2004, 10:57 PM
I don't know anything about the behavior of the Highland park fans so I won't question the opions expressed about them but I do believe that Randy Allen would not condone that kind of attitude. He coached in Ballinger for 5 years[81-85]and was regarded as a man who demanded the best behavior of his team and himself.