PDA

View Full Version : Clyde

wildstangs
07-07-2003, 10:42 PM
The head football coach resigned to take a position on the staff at HSU. No replacement was named yet.

vet93
07-08-2003, 08:33 AM
That has got to hurt. Clyde seemed to be getting things rolling the last year or so and have a real good shot at the playoffs this year. This has got to hurt continuity. It would make since to hire from within because this is kind of late in the season for hiring an AD.

VWG
07-08-2003, 05:42 PM
vet93:
That has got to hurt. Clyde seemed to be getting things rolling the last year or so and have a real good shot at the playoffs this year. This has got to hurt continuity. It would make since to hire from within because this is kind of late in the season for hiring an AD.You would have to believe that it's the only way to find a HC/AD this late. Gotta go with what's there now. You would also think that the HC would have given a little better notice to the school. I mean,how long has this position been available and how long has the coach at Clyde been looking at it?

renegade*dawg
07-09-2003, 11:42 AM
The majority of us have respected him for the last two years and he has been very supportive of our Booster Club and a key motivator for our athletes.
Although I can sympathize with his frustration in some of the things he has dealt with at Clyde, we are still very disapointed.

Our Boys were very excited about the upcoming season. At this point, we have a lot of hanging heads and quite honestly anger at not being given the chance to find a replacement that would have helped them through this transformation.
Our "former" AD came to Clyde and taught them respect, commitment, and gave them a desire to compete.

Hopefully they will rise above the negative and make the best out of our season.
Wish us luck!

<small>[ September 02, 2003, 04:40 PM: Message edited by: renegade*dawg ]</small>

kaorder1999
07-09-2003, 02:48 PM
its part of the business.....he has to do whats best for him and his family...

the way you make it sound its more important to win than it is for someone to better his life....

its a game....maybe this will help those players realize that also

<small>[ July 09, 2003, 02:50 PM: Message edited by: kaorder1999 ]</small>

renegade*dawg
07-09-2003, 04:46 PM
As I stated above... he is well respected and we can even understand his reasons for this decision. I think most us agree that his timing is bad. I believe that this would be a blow to any school.
I've always thought to be a coach you have to love it, to put in all the time and put up with all of the bull that comes along with the position. But just as they expect their players to commit to them, they in return owe them a timely consideration in their decisions. These athletes will probably learn more life lessons from their coaches than any teacher they come across. A coaches word is law to them.

As far as it being "just a game".... Yea right. Tell that to every high school football player in Texas. It doesn't matter where they play. Whether it be Everman or Clyde, they all have the same hopes and dreams of a winning team.