PDA

View Full Version : Girls playing football...

Ladykat5
11-30-2002, 01:58 AM
Now ya'll are probably going to think I am really stupid but deal with it. Can girls play football in high school? There were some who have in junior high but I wasnt sure about high school. I think they should make a girls football team. It would be great. I dont know why but I have just always wanted to play. I think I could be a good receiver...oh well who knows. Any UIL people out there should think about making a girls football team. LOL ok ok. sorry bout that...Have a good one!

Ladykat5
11-30-2002, 02:02 AM
Alright I am officially stupid...if you read this please ignore it..its 1 AM and I dont know what I am talkin about. About the receiver part...I could prolly be a good one if I were faster but who knows. Ok so yeah...ignore this too! :)

TXMike
11-30-2002, 10:09 AM
Girls are not forbidden from playing football (even though boys are not alloowed on the volleyball teams). I have officiated games up thru 9th grade which had girls playing. Go for it!

JasperDog94
11-30-2002, 11:39 AM
Right now any girl or guy that could consistantly kick extra points could start for the Jasper Bulldogs. I've already seen too many good teams lose because they missed an extra point. Does Celina ring a bell?

Anyway it does seem to be a double standard that girls can play football but guys can't play volleyball. I love volleyball, but my play was restricted to sand volleyball.

eye of the tiger
11-30-2002, 11:44 AM
There was a girl on the practice squad of a Ft Worth High School this year. She transfered in late and wasn't elgible, but she practiced with the team all year. There was a movine "Quarterback Princess" that was based on a true story. Wasn't in Texas though.

proudtrojanmom
11-30-2002, 12:44 PM
You are not crazy, my daughter has been watching her brothers play for years and has been harrassing me for her to play. I doubt that I will let her, she plays with the boys in the neighborhood and for now that makes her happy. She is only in 7th grade but she does have one heck of a arm on her!! Go Trojans (boys and girls) :D !

Jacket2000
11-30-2002, 01:02 PM
If Im not mistaken, a few years ago Kennedale had a girl playing on the JV. I believe she was a LB(a rather hefty girl). I also know of a small town in East Texas (Beckville I think) that had a girl playing RB on the JV.
J2K

Ladykat5
11-30-2002, 03:55 PM
You see....I would love to play football...my problem is I dont really want to play with boys. Its not that I am scared I am just the smaller type. I guess I am just wishing for a girls football team. There is a womens pro football team. I read about them in the newspaper this morning. I was so excited. Well I guess I can just play it in my dreams! You all have a good one and thanks for your responses!!!