PDA

View Full Version : Brent Bennett resigns as Ganado football coach-AD

Scoop27
12-18-2021, 01:48 AM
From The Victoria Advocate

Brent Bennett led Ganado to three playoff appearances in his four years as athletic director and head football coach.
But Bennett will not return for a fifth season.

Bennett, 35, has resigned from the position and told his players of the move this week.

Bennett had an overall record of 27-21 at Ganado. He led the Indians to the regional final in 2019, and to the regional semifinals in 2020 and this season.“I enjoyed my team here and I’ll miss the kids,” Bennett said. “It was kind of a shock. I’m happy for the relationships with the kids and what they were able to do and the trust they put into me and the program that we put in place.

Ganado had a 7-6 record this season and went 3-1 in District 13-2A, Division I. The Indians lost twice to Refugio and once to Hallettsville, Industrial, East Bernard and Shiner.

Bennett came to Ganado from Bay City, where he was the offensive coordinator under Lupe Florez.

He previously was an assistant at Abilene Cooper, Cameron Yoe, Buffalo and Navasota.

“I’m sad we have to leave, but at the same time I’m proud of the success we’ve had in the short time there,” Bennett said. “It’s all a tribute to the kids who walk inside the halls of the field house every day"