PDA

View Full Version : midseason - District 7AAA

repeat2002
10-01-2003, 12:06 PM
Decatur - If you run the option, you've got a chance. If you don't, you don't. Unstoppable offense!! If you are going to stop the run, you will pay for it in the secondary with three, four, and sometimes five excellent receivers to cover. If you want to play quarters and not give up the deep stuff, get ready to get beat up by a bruising running game. They remain the class of this district with one unexplainable loss to Miserable Wells.

Bridgeport - In my estimation the surprise of the league. I know that they are well-coached and that somehow C Henson gets kids to play every year, but I thought after all of the weapons they had lost the couple of years, they would be down. G'ville thumped them pretty good, but G'ville may thump quite a few more before its over. They've found another running back (Soph) and another good-looking QB. Still a team you are going to have to beat to make the play-offs in this district.

Lake Dallas - This group could be dangerous by the second half of district. Coach P has them getting better and better each week. Good looking young QB and other skill kids that are going to make them dangerous. Finally they have some leadership to get them turned in the right direction - just in time for 4A. I think they have the inside track to the third play-off spot if they continue to improve each week.

Sanger - Probably the biggest team physically in the district. They can play very physical at times and then at times they don't (ie v Bowie). They play tough defensively and have a couple of weapons on offense if they can get healthy. The younger Higgs kid is an excellent athlete at QB. I think they are going to have to be able to play well in every game in this district to get out.

Lake Worth - Has as much physical talent as anyone in the district. Can't seem to put it all together. Best athlete in the district at QB, but he has no help. Have to find more ways to get him in positions to make big plays. Could beat anyone , including Decatur, on any given night, I just don't think they can maintain a streak enough to get out.

Little Elm - Much improved, but the just don't know how to win games that count. They play hard and have a major incentive to play hard this year, they just find ways to screw it up. They could surprise somebody, but I don't think it will be more than one somebody. Will have trouble crawling out of the huge hole they are in. (a tougher pre-season, except for Celina, might help)

Just an interested bystanders perspective.