Should be quick game!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-15-2021, 01:07 PM
DCTF line is Navarro by 24.
Slot T vs Slot T.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-15-2021, 01:10 PM
Slot-T vs. Slot-T Gotta love it!

But the difference will be night and day. A very experienced Slot-T vs. a Slot-T that only had 1 game in 2020, and 12 games total since our new "old" coach came back home in the Spring of 2020

I will say, though, PI's defense played very well against a Carrizo Springs team that had been blowing other teams away with ease. Hopefully that same defense shows up again this Friday.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-15-2021, 01:15 PM
Didn't see you put up a thread bag of chips.
Is this being live stream?

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-15-2021, 01:20 PM
Slot T vs Slot T.

We are A-OK with being the underdog. We were what....19 point underdogs vs. Carrizo Springs?

Although both teams run the same offense, the level of experience vs. inexperience will show, I think. Navarro has been running it since at least 2012? Maybe longer? Port Isabel USED to run it in the early 90s, then a piss poor excuse of it in the late 90s. But since then it was Veer & Option (2001-2016), then Air Raid (2017) Pistol & Spread (2018-2019) before our old head coach from the 90s came back home and brought the Slot-T back to Port Isabel.

Unfortunately, PI was only able to play 1 game in 2020, as the RGV area was hit very hard by the Covid-19 pandemic. So really, PI's experience in the ol' Nasty Slot is minimal. 12 games total if you include the games this season + the 1 game in 2020.

Hopefully the same Tarpon defense that showed up in the game vs. Carrizo Springs shows up again this Friday or it could be a very long night for the Tarpons.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-15-2021, 01:21 PM

Yeah I just noticed the other thread (and posted in it too). Should a Mod do a merger?

bag-o-chips
11-15-2021, 02:42 PM
Yeah I just noticed the other thread (and posted in it too). Should a Mod do a merger?

Sure why not merge! I am waiting on the live stream answer but sure it will be and will post the link if so.
Audio will be with KWED 1580 Seguin Today. https://seguintoday.com/

bag-o-chips
11-15-2021, 02:44 PM
Slot-T vs. Slot-T Gotta love it!

But the difference will be night and day. A very experienced Slot-T vs. a Slot-T that only had 1 game in 2020, and 12 games total since our new "old" coach came back home in the Spring of 2020

I will say, though, PI's defense played very well against a Carrizo Springs team that had been blowing other teams away with ease. Hopefully that same defense shows up again this Friday.

True these kids have run this all their life! Navarro has been a Slot T since 2007 when Les Goad arrived!

bag-o-chips
11-15-2021, 02:45 PM
Pics of Smithville vs Navarro which I think they are awesome just because my Senior daughter takes them for KWED and Lone Star Gridiron!

https://jacquelinesprings.smugmug.com/Sports/Football-2021/Varsity-Football-vs-Smithville/

bag-o-chips
11-15-2021, 02:50 PM
Highlights are on Bally Sports Southwest

Can't seem to load the correct one.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-15-2021, 02:57 PM

If it is, it won't be Rio Sports Live. I don't think they're willing to send a crew up to Beeville for this one.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-15-2021, 03:04 PM
True these kids have run this all their life! Navarro has been a Slot T since 2007 when Les Goad arrived!

It is my hope that Port Isabel starts doing the same thing that Navarro and Liberty Hill have been doing.

Our coach is 64 years old now, but he's still in awesome shape. He's still got several years of coaching left in him, but he's always grooming assistants to be head coaches in the future. It wouldn't shock me if when he does eventually retire, the next Tarpon AD/HFC will be promoted from within the coaching staff and the Tarpons remain a Slot-T team for years to come.

bag-o-chips
11-15-2021, 03:13 PM
If it is, it won't be Rio Sports Live. I don't think they're willing to send a crew up to Beeville for this one.

They did when we played Raymondville a few years back.

Old Green
11-15-2021, 03:24 PM
I’ll merge the topics when I get home.

bag-o-chips
11-15-2021, 03:39 PM
Game will only be live streamed if approved by UIL and Bally's

bag-o-chips
11-15-2021, 04:23 PM
https://www.ballysports.com/watch/vod/highlights-smithville-vs-geronimo-navarro-high-school-scoreboard-live

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-15-2021, 04:26 PM
I’ll merge the topics when I get home.

Thank you, sir

Corn Cob
11-15-2021, 10:19 PM
I will be stunned if the Panthers don’t win by 35+

nfcfan
11-17-2021, 05:04 PM
Slot T vs Slot T.

PI has the offense down ok, only broken plays i saw were where they added 'new' plays into their playbook at the end of the reg. season.

Biggest x-factor imo, is the speed of Navarro's defense. PI will do well against bigger teams, but if they have a speedy defense that can contain our speedsters, like Sinton, R-F and Ingleside had, it will be tough.

bag-o-chips
11-18-2021, 08:48 AM
PI has the offense down ok, only broken plays i saw were where they added 'new' plays into their playbook at the end of the reg. season.

Biggest x-factor imo, is the speed of Navarro's defense. PI will do well against bigger teams, but if they have a speedy defense that can contain our speedsters, like Sinton, R-F and Ingleside had, it will be tough.

Navarro saw tons of speed with Cuero and Smithville. X factor for me is how well the execution is of the Panthers T vs PI. I feel experience in the system matters.

bag-o-chips
11-18-2021, 11:44 AM
Live Audio on https://seguintoday.com/

Live Stream on KSAT BGC App

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-18-2021, 01:08 PM
Navarro saw tons of speed with Cuero and Smithville. X factor for me is how well the execution is of the Panthers T vs PI. I feel experience in the system matters.

You're most likely right on the money with that. As I stated earlier, when it comes to Slot-T, speed is irrelevant for the most part. It's all about the execution. Navarro has been running it since 2007. Port Isabel just 2 seasons, one of which was only 1 game + 6 weeks of practice.

Regardless of what happens, the vast majority in Port Isabel consider this season a huge success and the beginning of the return of TRUE Tarpon football. And there is talent coming up from the Freshman team that are just as speedy as what we had this year on top of the Freshmen & Sophs that are already starting on Varsity this season.

Corn Cob
11-18-2021, 11:41 PM
I’ll say it again….. I will be stunned if the Panthers don’t win by 35+. Go Panthers!

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-19-2021, 03:17 PM
I’ll say it again….. I will be stunned if the Panthers don’t win by 35+. Go Panthers!

Well then, I hope you get stunned tonight.

nfcfan
11-19-2021, 04:18 PM
As I stated earlier, when it comes to Slot-T, speed is irrelevant for the most part. It's all about the execution..

Hope your right, saw Medina "executing" the plays fine against plenty of defenses except the fast ones where he just couldn't outrun em to the corner...where most of his bigger gains come from.

PI by 1

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-19-2021, 05:43 PM
Hope your right, saw Medina "executing" the plays fine against plenty of defenses except the fast ones where he just couldn't outrun em to the corner...where most of his bigger gains come from.

PI by 1

You seem to forget the fact that football is a team sport. When I say "it's about the execution" I'm talking about all 11 players on the field. Not just one individual.

nfcfan
11-19-2021, 06:13 PM
No, didn't forget football is a team sport lmao. U r forgetting that PI for many years has lean on it's mvp no matter the offense.
Be it Gilbert this year, Brayan before him, Will Camacho, Cesar Aguilera, Omar Silva, JJ Gonzalez...etc

Tejastrue
11-19-2021, 06:47 PM
Some real banter! Carry on!

99IHSMustang
11-19-2021, 07:10 PM
Good luck tonight PI. rep D16

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-19-2021, 07:42 PM
Good luck tonight PI. rep D16

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. We're gonna need it.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-19-2021, 09:08 PM
This one's getting ugly fast. Oh well....

Was a great season for the Tarpons after the mess that started in 2017. Got our first playoff win since 2013 and we're only losing 9 or 10 players off this team.

nfcfan
11-19-2021, 09:42 PM
I will be stunned if the Panthers don’t win by 35+

[IMG]https://c.tenor.com/eYaxO0GYnjsAAAAM/wave-the-white-flag-white-flag.gif[\IMG]

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-19-2021, 09:49 PM
[IMG]https://c.tenor.com/eYaxO0GYnjsAAAAM/wave-the-white-flag-white-flag.gif[\IMG]

They might still be salty about 2012. Maybe? Just a hunch...

bag-o-chips
11-20-2021, 01:23 AM
As I said earlier watching PI run the slot is like seeing it in slow motion. The slot T takes years to develop and Navarro gave a lesson on where PI should be in a few years. That is all these kids at Navarro know and they pretty much put on a clinic tonight as well as being very physical! Good Luck to PI in the future as you have a Good Coach leading the way!

Corn Cob
11-20-2021, 01:32 AM
Well then, I hope you get stunned tonight.
So, who got stunned tonight? Not me!

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-20-2021, 05:15 AM
So, who got stunned tonight? Not me!

Quite frankly, I was merely hoping we would have been a little more competitive. But bag-o-chips is exactly right when he says PI's Slot-T was like Navarro's Slot-T in slow motion.

We're only losing 12 Seniors off this year's team. The rest are all coming back.

bag-o-chips
11-20-2021, 08:07 AM
Quite frankly, I was merely hoping we would have been a little more competitive. But bag-o-chips is exactly right when he says PI's Slot-T was like Navarro's Slot-T in slow motion.

We're only losing 12 Seniors off this year's team. The rest are all coming back.

That is good news for you guys. I remember when Canyon Lake first put in the Slot T we beat them like this. It is a system that takes time. The first year in 2007 when Coach Goad brought it to Navarro they were 6-4 and the last time they have not been to the playoffs.

Last night with the win this makes 7 straight years advancing to the 3rd round. Not many teams around here have done that well.