PDA

View Full Version : Sinton v La Grange Area round 4A DII

Pudlugger
11-13-2021, 01:02 PM
These two teams last met up in 2009 IIRC and won in OT with a td reception under double coverage on a jump ball in the end zone playing in the same stadium Judson Converse in a thrilling game that went back and forth all night. That year the Leps went to the semi-finals and lost to Carthage 27-14 who went on to win the title. This year Sinton will be the favorite going in but the Leps are playing much better football now than they were earlier in the season when they lost the 4 games so I don't think their record accurately reflects how good this team is. Going on strength of schedule they have been challenged all season and facing a tough opponent like the Pirates will not be new for them. The difference will be in whether their defense can hang with the Pirates enough to let their offense play their own game. They can't lose control if they get a little behind. They must keep it close for 4 quarters to give their offense a chance to break it open. It will down to who controls the LOS, turnovers and penalties if it is going to be a close game. Both teams have the capability to score on the big plays so this game could turn out to be a shoot out.:)

sinfan75
11-13-2021, 01:23 PM
I agree. Told my nephew after the Bandera game that would be the last game Sinton blows anybody out. Gonna be all about playing solid on both sides of the ball as well as special teams. Should be a pretty good game.