PDA

View Full Version : Area round 7-4 la grange leopards vs 10-1 sinton pirates in converse

Leopardfan201
11-13-2021, 12:19 PM
Sinton always well coached I have alot of respect for them and pretty good this year looking for a good game but base on strength of schedule as I give the edge to La Grange all tho sinton has played a good schedule another factor I see is the Speed of La Grange all tho I'm sure sinton has sum fast players..the Speed will be the difference LG by 7 to 10 points and not being a Homer ether...

SintonFan_inAustin
11-13-2021, 12:25 PM
Sinton by at least 20+

Sorry strength of schedule not any different from La Grange. Sinton has speed on both sides they'll be ok.

Last meeting was 2009 in Region IV final a La Grange 34-27 win in overtime.

rb585
11-13-2021, 01:31 PM
Sinton always well coached I have alot of respect for them and pretty good this year looking for a good game but base on strength of schedule as I give the edge to La Grange all tho sinton has played a good schedule another factor I see is the Speed of La Grange all tho I'm sure sinton has sum fast players..the Speed will be the difference LG by 7 to 10 points and not being a Homer ether...

Nope, you're definitely being a homer.

Pudlugger
11-13-2021, 01:57 PM
MaxPreps strength of schedule (a computer algorithm):
Sinton 0.7
La Grange 15.4

LG definitely has had greater strength of schedule

As for who's fastest, well hard to say. I haven't seen Sinton play so I'll just say this: the 2021 team is probably the fastest team the Leopards have fielded since 1999 when I started following them closely and that includs the years JK Dobbins and Ty Gunn were playing. There may have been individual players like JK that were faster or gifted like Gunn but for overall team speed this team seems to be the fastest I've watched. I don't think they are the best team overall but they are fast. Their problems are that they like to give away the football on fumbles and seeem to get a lot of dead ball fouls and off side penalties that really hurt them. They lost 2 games souly because of these unforced errors against Navasota and La Vernia but have for the most part spit shinned their game in the last 4 weeks when things started to get real. Hopefully they will continue to play with discipline this coming Friday as Sinton is a very stout competitor.

sinfan75
11-13-2021, 03:33 PM
Sinton will never be the fastest team on the field when playoffs begin, but they are very quick on defense. Offensively they're fast enough to pick up 8-9 yds a pop and keep moving the chains. They keep doing that they'll be fine.

99IHSMustang
11-13-2021, 05:13 PM
I will take Sinton by 3 scores. I think they have enough speed and skilled players that they can score in the blink of an eye and that translates on D as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rb585
11-13-2021, 07:47 PM
MaxPreps strength of schedule (a computer algorithm):
Sinton 0.7
La Grange 15.4

LG definitely has had greater strength of schedule

Strength of schedule doesn't matter if you're getting rolled by the good teams on your schedule. And losing by double digits to Navasota.

Leopardfan201
11-13-2021, 08:00 PM
Who had sinton played Rockport and Corpus Christie Miller and the rest of thr schedule been jv teams come on

Pudlugger
11-13-2021, 08:13 PM
Strength of schedule doesn't matter if you're getting rolled by the good teams on your schedule. And losing by double digits to Navasota.

Playing tough teams even if you lose imparts more toughness to your team than playing weak competition and winning easily. You find that out pretty fast if you are a OL on the first play from scrimmage for those of you who haven't played the game. It makes you tougher. Port Isabel comes to mind.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-13-2021, 08:25 PM
Most these kids for Sinton have playoff experience 2 years and Galvan's 3 years, Sinton O-line return everyone from last year this is the season they're expected to challenge with the group they had returning and defense this season has been playing great having allowed only 26 points in the first half in 11 games . These kids know there is no easy game from here on out and it's play your best all 4 quarters and hopefully it's good enough to advance. I had already seen some of La Grange games few weeks ago and that one kid on D line reminds me of Rockport kid on their D line and this game will come down to lineman who's winning those battles will make or break the skill positions opportunities to make plays.

IMO I feel Sinton should win by at least 20 and was thinking around 34-14.

Pudlugger
11-13-2021, 09:28 PM
It's the playoffs anything can happen. Go Leps!

Scoop27
11-13-2021, 11:07 PM
KVLG Sportscaster Gary Dusek believes in the Leps

bluecat
11-14-2021, 06:17 AM
I’ve been watching this Sinton team develop over the years and this 2021 Sinton team is the best since Davis took them to the state finals.as far as strength of schedule you play who’s on your schedule and other than a very good Miller team they beat everyone they faced. Sinton is a damned good well coached team. May the best team win!

sinfan75
11-14-2021, 08:38 AM

And I'm sure Greg Tepper will Pick La Grange as well.LOL

SintonFan_inAustin
11-14-2021, 10:58 AM

364Sports crew believes in the Pirates.

Livestream hopefully if they get the approval it will either be from their webpage or youtube if they allowed them to stream from that platform.

https://www.364sports.com/ for livestream

SintonFan_inAustin
11-14-2021, 11:07 AM
Bravion Rodgers a Jr with offers from D1 schools one of several players with some speed but this kid have to get to him before he gets started in backfield especially in this formation they mix in with him at qb. La Grange stops alot of their drives in most of the games i've seen with flags and tunrovers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNCRVx2wvhw

SintonFan_inAustin
11-14-2021, 11:13 AM
I will make it to this game and hopefully another week if Sinton does win this round but after that Texas High School Football I'll be watching it from Chicago as I'll be up there with my job until Dec 18th day after State title game for 4a D2.

I'll see if i have some footage of that overtime win by La Grange in 2009 i think i have that td by La Grange to win it in OT.

Pudlugger
11-14-2021, 01:59 PM
Bravion Rodgers a Jr with offers from D1 schools one of several players with some speed but this kid have to get to him before he gets started in backfield especially in this formation they mix in with him at qb. La Grange stops alot of their drives in most of the games i've seen with flags and tunrovers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNCRVx2wvhw

LG shot themselves in the foot with procedure penalties during the first 7 games trying to get the new single wing formation running smoothly. Now it seems like they have it down. They run out of the Pistol, the I and the Spread as well. Because they have so many different looks it took awhile for the Offense to gel but they have won 4 games straight and have limited turnovers and penalties to about average. As for Rogers, well he is one of 4 backs and WRs that can lite the afterburners when in open field that is why I say this team has so much speed. One player may be out for this game but we have a couple of speedy guys on the bench too. Sinton will be a huge challenge for the team but if they play their best game they ought to keep it close and maybe get the win on a big play. Anything is possible in the playoffs.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-14-2021, 03:22 PM
LG shot themselves in the foot with procedure penalties during the first 7 games trying to get the new single wing formation running smoothly. Now it seems like they have it down. They run out of the Pistol, the I and the Spread as well. Because they have so many different looks it took awhile for the Offense to gel but they have won 4 games straight and have limited turnovers and penalties to about average. As for Rogers, well he is one of 4 backs and WRs that can lite the afterburners when in open field that is why I say this team has so much speed. One player may be out for this game but we have a couple of speedy guys on the bench too. Sinton will be a huge challenge for the team but if they play their best game they ought to keep it close and maybe get the win on a big play. Anything is possible in the playoffs.

yes they bring backups with speed at rb position. Sinton will have to win line of scrimmage something Cuero did alot in their game against La Grange. La Grange gets it together yea offensively can be explosive.

Pudlugger
11-15-2021, 09:09 AM
Yes games are won or lost at the LOS. You must have been a lineman in your day. I was one back when they had a single bar for a facemask LOL. To bad the lineman rarely get much credit for the wins but do the heavy lifting. I guess that's life isn't it?

SintonFan_inAustin
11-15-2021, 12:47 PM
Yes games are won or lost at the LOS. You must have been a lineman in your day. I was one back when they had a single bar for a facemask LOL. To bad the lineman rarely get much credit for the wins but do the heavy lifting. I guess that's life isn't it?

Was a receiver and defensive lineman. Lol hated that position as DT lol.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-15-2021, 12:48 PM
Dave Campbell Texas Football line is Sinton by 19. I say by 20.

Scoop27
11-16-2021, 09:07 PM
Sinton by 14

sinfan75
11-18-2021, 12:04 PM
364Sports crew believes in the Pirates.

Livestream hopefully if they get the approval it will either be from their webpage or youtube if they allowed them to stream from that platform.

https://www.364sports.com/ for livestream

UIL has given them permission to livestream the game. They can only stream it from their website. It will not be on YouTube. So for all you Leopard fans that can't make the game but want to watch just go their website and register and you will be able to view the game live. It's also free. Be advised though the announcers will be very pro Sinton Pirates. LOL

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-18-2021, 01:10 PM
UIL has given them permission to livestream the game. They can only stream it from their website. It will not be on YouTube. So for all you Leopard fans that can't make the game but want to watch just go their website and register and you will be able to view the game live. It's also free. Be advised though the announcers will be very pro Sinton Pirates. LOL

The 364Sports guys are some of the biggest homers I've ever listened to next to the guys from Carrizo Springs who are a bit worse, as they have no problem cussing on air.

rb585
11-18-2021, 04:56 PM
The 364Sports guys are some of the biggest homers I've ever listened to next to the guys from Carrizo Springs who are a bit worse, as they have no problem cussing on air.

Haha, I tuned into a CS game last season. It literally sounded like they had pulled 2-3 drunk dads out of the crowd and put them behind the mics. It was unbelievable.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-18-2021, 07:05 PM
Just about to watch on youtube PI/Carrizo game. they muted when PI alma mater played

Good crowd size

SintonFan_inAustin
11-18-2021, 07:36 PM
Who is the home team?

SintonFan_inAustin
11-18-2021, 11:17 PM
Few errands in morning then heading out to Rocket land.

https://youtu.be/KKMv2A83rdM

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-18-2021, 11:20 PM
Just about to watch on youtube PI/Carrizo game. they muted when PI alma mater played

Good crowd size

I noticed that. A bunch of PI folks on Facebook were all "what the hell?!?"

Leopardfan201
11-19-2021, 11:56 AM
GameDay Go Leps get the win tonight won't be thr bcs I'm in Louisiana but will be watching from my Hotel Room

SintonFan_inAustin
11-19-2021, 12:46 PM
Finishing up on some errands and then heading out to the game.

Go Pirates!!

4 Hr drive.

rb585
11-19-2021, 03:19 PM
How did y'all manage to arrive on Converse as a game site? Victoria and Cuero already booked?

sinfan75
11-19-2021, 05:51 PM
How did y'all manage to arrive on Converse as a game site? Victoria and Cuero already booked?

I ask that question every year. LOL

nfcfan
11-19-2021, 06:24 PM
Sinton by 14

99IHSMustang
11-19-2021, 07:09 PM
Good luck tonight Sinton Pirates. Rep D16

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sinfan75
11-20-2021, 09:12 AM
Congrats to the Sinton Pirates on their win against La Grange. Leopards were as fast as advertised and also big. Took Sinton's defense a series to adjust to that speed, but after that they were able to make the LG rushing attack pretty much ineffective. Pirate offense did what they do best. Smashmouth football! On to round 3 against Navarro,

SintonFan_inAustin
11-20-2021, 09:49 AM
Congrats to the Sinton Pirates on their win against La Grange. Leopards were as fast as advertised and also big. Took Sinton's defense a series to adjust to that speed, but after that they were able to make the LG rushing attack pretty much ineffective. Pirate offense did what they do best. Smashmouth football! On to round 3 against Navarro,

16 carries for 13 yards by La Grange. The yards came on two long bombs on double coverage on wr and they still made the play for td's other than that defense continues to step up.

rb585
11-20-2021, 12:27 PM
16 carries for 13 yards by La Grange. The yards came on two long bombs on double coverage on wr and they still made the play for td's other than that defense continues to step up.

Well now they can tout their strength of schedule even more since they played another much better team that kicked their asses.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-20-2021, 01:11 PM
Well now they can tout their strength of schedule even more since they played another much better team that kicked their asses.

Last 4 standing as expected before the season now.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-20-2021, 01:15 PM
QB Rene Galvan 183 yards rushing on 19 carries and 70 yards passing with a Td
RB Rylan Galvan 151 yards rushing on 24 carries with 4 Td

Rylan with 409 yards and 10 Td in 2 playoff games.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-20-2021, 11:39 PM
Done with highlights then on to next round.

https://youtu.be/GCeZJe_IH-0

rb585
11-20-2021, 11:46 PM
Done with highlights then on to next round.

https://youtu.be/GCeZJe_IH-0

Dear Sir,

I was unable to see all of the La Grange SPEED in your highlights. Please update to correct and resubmit.

Thankee,
Robert

SintonFan_inAustin
11-20-2021, 11:53 PM
Dear Sir,

I was unable to see all of the La Grange SPEED in your highlights. Please update to correct and resubmit.

Thankee,
Robert

Normally Sinton qb scores instead gets push out of bounds at one and at the 2. Their speed prevented Rene Galvan from scoring and instead his twin brother punched it in both times play later.