PDA

View Full Version : District 16 4a DII: West Oso at Port Isabel

SintonFan_inAustin
10-25-2021, 08:49 PM
PI 6-2 for season and 3-2 in district.
WO 2-6 for season and 2-3 in district.

DCTF has Port Isabel by 4.

Grass field and at home I think PI wins this one in a close one.

Winner of this one puts themselves in great spot for a playoffs spot.

99IHSMustang
10-26-2021, 11:14 AM
West Oso seemed to play competitive for the first half against RF. This game could very close. One thing that could very well hurt PI is that they don't seem to pass very much. That was my gripe over the last couple of years with Ingleside's offense.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-26-2021, 11:10 PM
West Oso seemed to play competitive for the first half against RF. This game could very close. One thing that could very well hurt PI is that they don't seem to pass very much. That was my gripe over the last couple of years with Ingleside's offense.

PI has a decent short passing game, but anything more than 20 yards and it's a struggle for our Sophomore QB. I recall a couple of long ones though. A couple vs. Brownsville St. Joe, and one vs. Raymondville that should have been a TD but Medina slipped.

The one thing PI has going for them this week is the fact it's a home game, and on a grass field which slow West Oso down somewhat.

I have seen some West Oso film on Hudl. They do have size on the OL, but they don't seem to be as dominant as Sinton or Ingleside's OL which may give PI's defense a chance to put some pressure on their QB. As for their defense, they are fast in the secondary, and don't seem as big as some other defensive lines the Tarpons have faced. If the Tarpons OL play well, I can see the Tarpons getting chunks of yards on long, time consuming drives. If Medina breaks one, though, he's gone. Hopefully #11 Martinez comes back, as he was injured in the game vs. Rio Hondo and was out for the game vs. Ingleside.

nfcfan
10-27-2021, 11:12 AM
West Oso performed better against RH, Ingleside and Robstown, but still going with PI by 10, PI should be able to get a couple of big runs which will make the difference.