Rockport-Fulton- at Robstown, vs Port Isabel
Ingleside- at Raymondville, vs Sinton
Port Isabel- vs West Oso, at Rockport-Fulton
West Oso- at Port Isabel, vs Raymondville
Rio Hondo- at Sinton, vs Robstown
Raymondville- vs Ingleside, at West Oso
Robstown-vs Rockport-Fulton, at Rio Hondo

District notes:
Sinton at Ingleside last district game could be for district title or possible 3 way tie if Ingleside beats Sinton then RF, Ingleside and Sinton would be tied. RF might have the edge in tie breakers and Sinton could finish as the 3rd seed if they lose by 8 or more to Ingleside in that game.

West Oso at Port Isabel this coming week could be for the 4th seed, Port Isabel can lock up the 4th seed with a win and West Oso needs to win out for 4th seed or some help if they drop the last game against Raymondville.

Raymondville needs to win out and hope for West Oso to beat Port Isabel then they beat West Oso and tie breakers determine 4th seed.

Rio Hondo needs a miracle and Robstown eliminated.

Went through playoff scenarios if I miss something plz correct.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-23-2021, 03:23 PM
This looks about right.

As for predictions for the next couple of weeks....

I don't see Raymondville beating Ingleside. That will eliminate the Bearkats from playoff contention. I also don't see Rio Hondo beating Sinton, so that removes the Bobcats from the equation.

Ingleside has clinched #3 seed at the very least. If they beat Sinton in Week 11 then we have a 3-way tie for the District Championship, and point differentials for seeding will come into play.

Sinton has clinched a playoff spot. They will be the #1 seed if they win out. I don't see them losing to Rio Hondo though. If they lose to Ingleside, depending on point differentials could be as low as #3 seed. But that's the worst case scenario for Sinton.

Rockport has clinched a playoff spot. They will be the #2 seed if they win out. I don't see Rockport losing to Robstown. If Rockport loses to Port Isabel they drop to the #4 seed (assuming PI beats WO) and Port Isabel gets #3 seed by virtue of their win over Rockport.

West Oso can clinch a playoff spot as the #4 seed if they win out. If West Oso loses to Port Isabel, that eliminates the Bears from playoff contention.

Port Isabel can clinch a playoff spot as the #4 seed with a win over West Oso. Port Isabel can clinch as high as the #3 seed if they beat both West Oso and Rockport. If Port Isabel loses to West Oso, that eliminates the Tarpons from playoff contention. Even if West Oso loses to Raymondville in Week 11, they would have the tiebreaker over Port Isabel.

Suffice it to say, the West Oso @ Port Isabel game is huge.

MUSTANG69
10-23-2021, 09:57 PM
My projection:
1) Sinton
2) Rockport-Fulton
3) Ingleside
4) West Oso

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-23-2021, 10:57 PM
My projection:
1) Sinton
2) Rockport-Fulton
3) Ingleside
4) West Oso

After the way the Tarpons played last night, this wouldn't surprise me. One thing going for the Tarpons next week is that it's a home game for them. They seem to play much better at home than they do away, especially those long trips to the Coastal Bend.

nfcfan
10-25-2021, 06:35 PM
My projection:
1) Sinton
2) Rockport-Fulton
3) Ingleside
4) West Oso

Seems about right unfortunately for PI :-)

Not sure about next years PI team, losing their top 3 rushers with speed in Medina, Zamarron, n Lopez, all starting LBs, their top 2 DEs, diff look next yr

SintonFan_inAustin
10-25-2021, 08:59 PM

Not sure about next years PI team, losing their top 3 rushers with speed in Medina, Zamarron, n Lopez, all starting LBs, their top 2 DEs, diff look next yr

Lineman will make a difference if they're coming back. Starts up front.

nfcfan
10-26-2021, 11:17 AM
Lineman will make a difference if they're coming back. Starts up front.

PI just needs an avg OL IF it has its leading ground gainer is a speedster for them to have an ok year, because they just need a small opening n they're gone.

Next year looks like a much slower team at the skill position, UNLESS some current freshmen takes that role next year. Assuming the OL improves by virtue of being BSF next year, our RB will still have trouble with LBs (2nd line of def).

nfcfan
10-26-2021, 11:31 AM
SFIA what did u say... they took down the Ingleside/PI video :-)

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-26-2021, 01:50 PM

Don’t recall verbatim but basically SFiA said that the Tarpons are very young this year and that they will be much improved next season.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-26-2021, 06:15 PM

Where in youtube under 3asfia?

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-26-2021, 10:31 PM
Where in youtube under 3asfia?

I don't think you'll be able to find it, as the video was taken down.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-26-2021, 10:41 PM

One of the LBs is a Sophomore (Garcia) and another is a Junior #40. Also, both DT and one of the DE (#99) return.

And from what I've been told, there is speed coming up from the Freshman team, one of which is considered just as fast as Medina. I believe they'll be playing on the Varsity team this week vs. West Oso

4/5 of the OL are also returning, along with the QB (Barrera) and one of the RBs (Martinez) who has some pretty good speed himself. I also hear there's a pretty big TE that is currently a Freshman that will be on Varsity as a Soph. next year, and might actually suit up this week vs. West Oso.

What's really missing from this year's team is the fact they had virtually no offseason this Spring. They weren't able to go to campus due to COVID restrictions until around April, and even then, it was voluntary. These kids need one good off-season once the Tarpon football season this year is over. I think they'll be just fine. Tony V.'s offseason program is brutal. I know from personal experience.

nfcfan
10-27-2021, 10:58 AM
One of the LBs is a Sophomore (Garcia) and another is a Junior #40. Also, both DT and one of the DE (#99) return.

And from what I've been told, there is speed coming up from the Freshman team, one of which is considered just as fast as Medina. I believe they'll be playing on the Varsity team this week vs. West Oso

4/5 of the OL are also returning, along with the QB (Barrera) and one of the RBs (Martinez) who has some pretty good speed himself. I also hear there's a pretty big TE that is currently a Freshman that will be on Varsity as a Soph. next year, and might actually suit up this week vs. West Oso.

You're right about Garcia coming back, but are losing the top 2 LBs in Martinez n De La Garza with #21 on a tier on his own (a faster Montelongo from 2012/13 team). I honestly just see one or two OL winning battles. Yeah Martinez has good speed, but not the same tier as Medina, Lopez n Zamarron. TE only blk in this offense, but still interested in seeing any of the Freshmen get any playing time in this crucial game.

#40 is a rotational DE, #2 Fernando and #90 Kaiden, starting DEs will be hard to replace. #90 reminds me of Miguel Ramirez from 2012-13 team... he's practically learning on the job since he's been concentrating on basketball growing up.

Went to see the Freshmen team to see the Smith twins but didnt get to see much from them. One is the qb, and in this offense he just hands the ball off w/an occasional pass. The other splits time at WR n RB. Be best to move em both to RB next yr? Saw a couple with decent speed but nothing i would say the next star.

We'll see... there was not JV team this year, so it will be interesting if there is enough players next year to form a JV team which will help develop them better with actual playing time.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-30-2021, 12:00 PM
Friday's Finals
Sinton 56
Rio Hondo 14

Ingleside 21
Raymondville 6

Port Isabel 42
West Oso 28

Rockport-Fulton 49
Robstown 0

4 playoff teams are set.
Port Isabel , Sinton, Ingleside and Rockport-Fulton seeding to be determine after last district game.

Last district game and Dave Campbell early prediction(line)
Sinton 6-0, 8-1 at Ingleside 5-1, 8-1 (Sinton by 23)

Port Isabel 4-2, 7-2 at Rockport-Fulton 5-1, 8-1 (Rockport-Fulton by 37)

Robstown 0-6, 2-7 at Rio Hondo 1-5, 3-6 (Rio Hondo by 22)

Raymondville 1-5, 3-6 at West Oso 2-4, 2-7 (Raymondville by 2)

sinfan75
10-30-2021, 10:14 PM
Friday's Finals
Sinton 56
Rio Hondo 14

Ingleside 21
Raymondville 6

Port Isabel 42
West Oso 28

Rockport-Fulton 49
Robstown 0

4 playoff teams are set.
Port Isabel , Sinton, Ingleside and Rockport-Fulton seeding to be determine after last district game.

Last district game and Dave Campbell early prediction(line)
Sinton 6-0, 8-1 at Ingleside 5-1, 8-1 (Sinton by 23)

Port Isabel 4-2, 7-2 at Rockport-Fulton 5-1, 8-1 (Rockport-Fulton by 37)

Robstown 0-6, 2-7 at Rio Hondo 1-5, 3-6 (Rio Hondo by 22)

Raymondville 1-5, 3-6 at West Oso 2-4, 2-7 (Raymondville by 2)

Sinton wins 40+
Rockport wins by 60
Rio Hondo wins by 14
West Oso wins by14

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-31-2021, 11:44 AM
Unless something monumentally crazy happens (PI beating Rockport) Port Isabel is locked in as the 4 seed and will play Carrizo Springs in Round 1.

Hopefully Rockport takes it easy on us. We are pretty banged up. I wouldn’t be too surprised if some of our Freshmen & Sophomores get some reps against the Rockport starters.

MUSTANG69
10-31-2021, 06:23 PM
Let's just pretend for a minute that a miracle happens and Ingleside beats Sinton. RF probably will beat PI. 3 way tie for district. I assume seeding is determined by some points system. How is that determined?

sinfan75
10-31-2021, 06:49 PM
Let's just pretend for a minute that a miracle happens and Ingleside beats Sinton. RF probably will beat PI. 3 way tie for district. I assume seeding is determined by some points system. How is that determined?

I believe if Sinton lost to the Ingledinks, depending on the score, Sinton could end up the 3rd seed if the win was like 8 or more points. Don't hold me to that but what i have read.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-31-2021, 07:01 PM
Yea and depends what max point is. If 17 or more a Sinton loss pretty much RF gets 1 seed with their max point on Ingleside will have them +9.
But depends what is max point win for this district.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-31-2021, 07:04 PM
Sinton by 28
RF by 34
West Oso by 6
Robstown by 1

MUSTANG69
11-01-2021, 03:37 PM
Thanks for the info about the tiebreaker.

Sinton 21+
RF 40+
WO 14+
PI 14+

SintonFan_inAustin
11-02-2021, 11:52 AM
Going to see if I can be off half a day Friday, I want to see Ingleside/Sinton game. Sinton #8 in DCTF and #1 in coastal bend large school rankings ahead of Calallen.

99IHSMustang
11-02-2021, 01:06 PM
Going to see if I can be off half a day Friday, I want to see Ingleside/Sinton game. Sinton #8 in DCTF and #1 in coastal bend large school rankings ahead of Calallen.

Sinton looks really good this year. I wouldn’t be surprised to see them up by 3-4 Tds in the game by the end of the first half.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-02-2021, 02:58 PM
Sinton looks really good this year. I wouldn’t be surprised to see them up by 3-4 Tds in the game by the end of the first half.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Sinton wins the region this year.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-03-2021, 08:24 PM

Yes! got half day off for Friday so making the 6 hr 45 min trip from Arlington to Ingleside. #1 seed on the line!

So far this years defense has been as about perfect in 1st half that you can be.

Sinton defense this year allowed only 1 100 yard rusher, RF John Chupe 100 yards.
Sinton in 6 district games:
vs West Oso Total yards:30 R:-11 P:41 First Downs:3

vs Rockport Fulton: Total yards:288 R:132 Pass:156 First Downs:11

vs Port Isabel: Total yards: 92 R:92 P:0 First Downs:4

vs Raymondville: Total yards: 35 R:29 P:6 First Downs:4

vs Robstown: Total yards: 141 R:41 P:100 First Downs:7

vs Rio Hondo Total yards: 139 R:19 P:120 First Downs:7

Sinton has allowed only 6 points in 1st half in district and 19 points overall this season in 1st half.
Sinton has scored 209 points in 1st half in district and 282 points overall this season in 1st half
district average score is 54-8
Overall average score is 51-11.6

SintonFan_inAustin
11-04-2021, 06:07 PM
Sinton Fr 44 West Oso JV 0 2nd qtr

Tristan Handson just tearing it up all season long, dual threat qb.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-04-2021, 06:48 PM
Sinton Fr 52
West Oso JV 0
Final
Sinton Fr finish the season 8-2

Next up: Sinton JV vs Ingleside JV

SintonFan_inAustin
11-04-2021, 08:51 PM
Sinton JV 24
Ingleside JV 0
Final
Great year Sinton JV and another great season by 7th, 8th, Fr and JV.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-05-2021, 01:50 AM
Sinton JV 24
Ingleside JV 0
Final
Great year Sinton JV and another great season by 7th, 8th, Fr and JV.

Sinton JV finish the season at 9-0.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-12-2021, 12:57 AM
Bi-District vs District 15
Rockport-Fulton 60
Hondo 17
Final

Sinton 42 points favorite over Bandera

Ingleside 1 point underdogs vs Devine

Port Isabel 19 points underdogs vs Carrizo Springs

Good luck Friday night D16, represent!! 1 already moving on to area round, Rockport-Fulton Pirates.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-12-2021, 03:05 AM
Rockport-Fulton 60
Hondo 17
Final

Good luck Friday night D16, represent!! 1 already moving on to area round, Rockport-Fulton Pirates.

We're fine with being the underdogs. Before the season started, the Tarpons were picked 7th out of 8 teams in D16 4A DII by DCTF magazine. Instead, the Tarpons finished 4th and made the playoffs. Even one of our local sports journalists doubted the Tarpons would do well.

The reality is this: What Tony V. has done this year, with only having 1 game in 2020, and having virtually no offseason program whatsoever until mid-April (voluntary) with only 15 kids showing up to workouts is nothing short of miraculous. The Tarpons WILL have a full off-season for the first time in a couple years. And I can say this with full confidence, as I can speak from personal experience since Tony V. was my coach, I've been through Tony V's offseason program several times. These kids will be ready for whatever comes at them next season.

99IHSMustang
11-12-2021, 10:53 AM
Rockport-Fulton 60
Hondo 17
Final

Good luck and safe travels for all. Let’s have some surprise upsets and have a D16 sweep in the first round.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-12-2021, 11:46 PM
Area Round
Sinton vs La Grange
Port Isabel vs Navarro

Rockport-Fulton vs Cuero
Ingleside vs Wimberley

nfcfan
11-13-2021, 04:23 PM
Rockport-Fulton 60
Hondo 17
Final

Nice district sweep. Great game by PI. CS had several games where they won the turnover battle by a good margin. The Tarpons flipped it and were able to get 5 turnovers on CS. As far as the running game, with D. Zamarron out, Medina was the lone speedster and carried the team like he's done all year long. He even collapse in the 3rd? qtr of exhaustion. Great work by the players and coaching staff.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-13-2021, 08:46 PM
Nice district sweep. Great game by PI. CS had several games where they won the turnover battle by a good margin. The Tarpons flipped it and were able to get 5 turnovers on CS. As far as the running game, with D. Zamarron out, Medina was the lone speedster and carried the team like he's done all year long. He even collapse in the 3rd? qtr of exhaustion. Great work by the players and coaching staff.

Good showing by PI with Carrizo Springs being undefeated going in. TFIN type of game coming up, Slot T vs Slot T.

Pudlugger
11-13-2021, 09:36 PM
Port Isabel's victory over 10-0 Carrizo Springs sort of makes the point of the importance of strength of schedule even if you lose to some of the stronger teams along the way. PI 6-4 was 4th in D16 which was a much stronger district than D15 and they knocked off the winner of that district.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-14-2021, 03:23 AM
Port Isabel's victory over 10-0 Carrizo Springs sort of makes the point of the importance of strength of schedule even if you lose to some of the stronger teams along the way. PI 6-4 was 4th in D16 which was a much stronger district than D15 and they knocked off the winner of that district.

Small correction. Port Isabel was 7-3. The Tarpon went unbeaten in non-district, then beat Robstown and Raymondville in their first 2 district games. PI's first loss was to Sinton.

Pudlugger
11-14-2021, 05:29 AM
OK my mistake PI had a superior schedule and it paid off was my point and it still stands regardless of the record. I was not surprised by their win after reviewing both teams schedules and rankings on MaxPreps prior to the game. That 10-0 record obviously didn't intimidate those PI boys much I opine.

sinfan75
11-14-2021, 10:01 AM
OK my mistake PI had a superior schedule and it paid off was my point and it still stands regardless of the record. I was not surprised by their win after reviewing both teams schedules and rankings on MaxPreps prior to the game. That 10-0 record obviously didn't intimidate those PI boys much I opine.

So now you're saying 16-4A is a tough district? LOL

Pudlugger
11-14-2021, 02:04 PM
Compared to 15 4A DII yes it is tougher. It's all relative ya know.

sinfan75
11-14-2021, 02:47 PM
Compared to 15 4A DII yes it is tougher. It's all relative ya know.

Here's some real numbers to look at:
Avg. yds. per play for the season

Sinton 8.1
La Grange 7.2

Avg. points scored per game

Sinton 50
La Grange 32

Avg. points allowed per game

Sinton 12
La Grange 28

Both teams can score points no doubting that. What's going to decide this game is which defense will keep the opposing offense out of the endzone the most.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-14-2021, 03:12 PM
Rockport Fulton has 598 points this season in 11 games, 54.3 per game

Sinton has 557 points. Getting close to Sinton most points in a season just need to go few more rounds to get there.

Sinton defense pitching shut outs in first half in almost every game has put them being in lead going into the 3rd qtr in every game this season. They held Rockport scoreless in 1st half only Miller scored twice in 1st half with one shouldn't of been a td as it hit the ground.

Sinton points have come mostly in first half they have had running clocks in 2nd half in some games and backups have scored in 2nd half.

Leopardfan201
11-14-2021, 03:22 PM
Looks like Sinton is the real deal but honestly La Grange is probably the best and fastest team they played all year so far

Pudlugger
11-15-2021, 08:59 AM
LG will certainly have to play a near flawless game to win. By that I mean no unforced errors like dead ball fouls turnovers and procedure penalties. They have been approaching that since game 8 when they rolled Gonzales 34-0. They have a 4 game win streak going but Sinton will be tough. Smithville was a very good team as we saw them give Navarro a scare last week but the Pirates are a couple of notches above the Tigers. I'm looking forward to a good game and think these teams are a good match up. I don't expect a blow out but it could be an offensive slugfest coming down to the last possession as both teams have the ability to score quickly from anywhere on the field. Sinton a fine team with a great tradition and fan base. I look forward to a well played cleanly fought game with the best team winning.

99IHSMustang
11-15-2021, 10:56 AM
Don’t we have anybody from RF that posts? Their game against Cuero is going to be a good one. RF may be underdogs, but I think they have a pretty darn good chance of winning the game.