PDA

View Full Version : Cuero @ La Grange

Pudlugger
10-04-2021, 05:48 PM
D13 opener with the Gobblers favored to win the title this season should give the Leps all they can handle in their Homecoming Game this Friday night. While Cuero destroyed the only common opponent these two teams shared La Vernia a team that the Leps struggled with turnovers (8) and penalties (+150 yds) to lose by a td it looks like a mismatch on its face. However these two teams like to play each other and have a tradition going back forever so I expect a decent showing from LG.

Scoop27
10-04-2021, 06:27 PM
La Grange Webcast Feed
http://www.kvlgkbuk.com/

Cuero Webcast Feed
https://www.gobblersports.org/

SintonFan_inAustin
10-04-2021, 09:43 PM
Cuero, going by the scores this year.

I pass by La Grange on Hwy 77 and that stretch of Hwy that goes up a mountain/hill reminds me of Look Out Mountain in Chattanooga, Tennessee. 1st time going that route into La Grange.

Scoop27
10-04-2021, 10:15 PM
Leopard Stadium got new artificial turf earlier in the year

Old Green
10-05-2021, 07:46 AM
This is always a great game

Pudlugger
10-05-2021, 09:35 AM
Yes sir Old Green. Coach's folks live in Cuero and always come and cheer for whoever is winning :) on LG's side of the stands. This year we have a Leopard team that began the season in starts and fits with a crazy mix of good plays and just some crazy mistakes and goof ups that kept them in a hole throughout. They managed a last minute win over a ranked 3A Rockdale team by blocking a sure game winning FG on the 15 and running it back for a td as the clock expired when the score was tied 29 all to win 35-29. Last game they beat another top 20 3A team Lago Vista in a shoot out 56-43 after leading 22-0 starting into the 2nd quarter. Canyon Lake was their 2nd game and they were clearly not ready yet to play a big physical team that was well coached and disciplined and although they held them close through the first half they faded in the 4th to loss 31-14 again with many penalties like procedure errors and unspostsman-like stuff plus TOs killing some deep drives. The crowning glory loss however was the "Flag-O-Rama" at La Vernia and the "Great Giveaway" when the Leopards must have broken some records on procedure penalties and dead ball fouls and turnovers to loss 28-21. The Leopards finally started to put it together at Lockhart a average 5A team 37-21. Meanwhiele the Gobblers came out of the gate looking like State Finalists with their only loss to another contender Navarro in a 2 point squeaker. So yeah this should be a good game with the Gobblers being favored to roll over the Leps by all accounts. But hey, I won 5 bucks betting on Cassius Clay over Sonny Liston in '64 when my HS football teammate gave me 10-1 odds on a 50 cent bet. Took his lunch money for two weeks :). (back in the day 5 bucks could pay for you to take your girlfriend for pizza and then the Drive-In movie with enough left over for popcorn and cheery cokes at intermission- oh right you young fellas have no clue about drive in movies, big Detroit Iron front seats and fogged up windows haha ).

Old Green
10-07-2021, 06:37 PM
Final
Cuero Freshman 46
LaGrange 14

Tejastrue
10-07-2021, 07:23 PM
Best of luck to both teams!

Old Green
10-07-2021, 08:40 PM
JV Final- Cuero 46 LaGrange 14

Pudlugger
10-08-2021, 02:47 PM
scary consistency right there...

KingRob
10-08-2021, 07:10 PM
Let's Go CUERO!!!:cheerl::cheerl::cheerl:

Pudlugger
10-08-2021, 11:36 PM
Cuero 56
La Grange 21

Cuero was just a very well coached big physical and fast football team that really impressed me with their execution at the line of scrimmage. Their Qb has a strong and accurate arm and tall fast receivers. Their running backs especially #44 are beasts! They offens only had to punt twice. The Leps lost # 1 Rogers earl in the 2nd to an injury and he is probably our best player on both sides of the ball. Not sure when he'll be back but hoping for a speedy recovery. I don't think Cuero will lose a game until the semi-finals or finals if they don't win State outright. They are that good. Great game for the Gobblers. Good luck the rest of the way.