PDA

View Full Version : Port Isabel Tarpons vs. Sinton Pirates

sinfan75
10-04-2021, 10:47 AM
Both teams 2-0 in district but Tarpons gonna have a long bus ride back home.
Pirates by 30+

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-04-2021, 11:34 AM
The homer in me wants to say Port Isabel +7

But the realist in me is thinking Sinton +14

What will become pretty evident, IMO, is the fact that PI virtually had no season at all last year while Sinton had a full season + playoff games. A whole year of game experience more than the entire Port Isabel Tarpons team. The difference in game-time experience will be on full display this Friday.

I just hope the Tarpons compete well, at least.

MUSTANG69
10-04-2021, 12:08 PM
Sinton by 21

SintonFan_inAustin
10-04-2021, 12:21 PM
Sinton and Port Isabel first meeting that's not a playoff game.
Sinton has 3 wins to Port Isabel 2 wins in their 5 meetings with Sinton winning the last two.

Early line DCTF has Sinton by 33 but they always adjust the line around Tuesday I think it should go do down to around 20 point favorites.

Sinton's homecoming game.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-04-2021, 12:26 PM
The homer in me wants to say Port Isabel +7

But the realist in me is thinking Sinton +14

What will become pretty evident, IMO, is the fact that PI virtually had no season at all last year while Sinton had a full season + playoff games. A whole year of game experience more than the entire Port Isabel Tarpons team. The difference in game-time experience will be on full display this Friday.

I just hope the Tarpons compete well, at least.

Good portion of this years team has been at least 3 rounds the last two seasons as Fr and Soph. This is a experience team for Sinton this year. PI is getting there with being more comfortable doing what they do best is the run the football offense that was missing for several seasons now.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-04-2021, 12:42 PM
364sports covering this game and maybe Riosports will cover also for PI fans but if not atleast their should be a live stream of the game.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-04-2021, 01:14 PM
364sports covering this game and maybe Riosports will cover also for PI fans but if not atleast their should be a live stream of the game.

I don't know about Rio Sports Live. They were supposed to cover the Raymondville @ PI game last Friday, but when the game was postponed, they chose not to cover the game the following day. So idk if they're going to cover it or not.

If they don't, I'll watch on 364sports and mute it.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-07-2021, 01:08 PM
Through 5 games Sinton defense in 1st qtr have allowed 1 td which wasn't a td if it had been called correctly and 1 td in 2nd qtr another one of those "could of" been avoided had they not gotten a roughing the punter towards end of 1st half.

13 points given up in 1st half. Sinton solid against the run.

PI comes in looking to change all that. I personally think PI has turned the corner and going to make this a game. It will depend on their defense.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-07-2021, 06:45 PM
Through 5 games Sinton defense in 1st qtr have allowed 1 td which wasn't a td if it had been called correctly and 1 td in 2nd qtr another one of those "could of" been avoided had they not gotten a roughing the punter towards end of 1st half.

13 points given up in 1st half. Sinton solid against the run.

PI comes in looking to change all that. I personally think PI has turned the corner and going to make this a game. It will depend on their defense.

Well, the future is definitely looking pretty bright for the Tarpons. Last night the PI Freshman team beat McAllen High (projected to go 6A next realignment) 34-28 and are also now 5-0 on the season.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-07-2021, 07:27 PM
London JV had no answer for QB Triston Handson

Sinton Fr 38
London JV 28
Final
Sinton Fr 4-1 on the season and their 2nd win against a JV team and their only loss was to Refugio JV. Next week Refugio JV at Sinton Fr Rematch!

I'll be coming down on Thursday to see that one and then Fri Sinton plays at Raymondville.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-07-2021, 07:27 PM
Well, the future is definitely looking pretty bright for the Tarpons. Last night the PI Freshman team beat McAllen High (projected to go 6A next realignment) 34-28 and are also now 5-0 on the season.

Good win, yea i've been noticing the wins by Fr this season.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-08-2021, 08:56 PM

It's just halftime, but I'm confident that I can say that I pretty much called this (quoted portion). The difference in in-game experience is huge.

Well, the one good thing out of all this is that this Tarpon team is very young. 4/5 of the OL will return, the QB will return, #11, #5, #4, #24 all come back. Nearly all of the defense comes back too. Only exceptions being #1, and #40. These youngsters are taking their lumps now, but they'll come back better from it.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-08-2021, 09:05 PM
No Rylan Galvan and Rene Galvan just a few carries.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-08-2021, 09:07 PM
No Rylan Galvan and Rene Galvan just a few carries.

I don't think it would have mattered either way.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-08-2021, 09:07 PM
It's just halftime, but I'm confident that I can say that I pretty much called this (quoted portion). The difference in in-game experience is huge.

Well, the one good thing out of all this is that this Tarpon team is very young. 4/5 of the OL will return, the QB will return, #11, #5, #4, #24 all come back. Nearly all of the defense comes back too. Only exceptions being #1, and #40. These youngsters are taking their lumps now, but they'll come back better from it.

Sinton was in that spot past two seasons this group has a lot of seniors been in varsity for 2,3,4 years

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-08-2021, 09:11 PM
Sinton was in that spot past two seasons this group has a lot of seniors been in varsity for 2,3,4 years

I'm referring more to the fact Port Isabel basically had no football season last year.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-08-2021, 10:06 PM
Well damn. Most of us Tarpon fans knew going into this one it wasn't going to be pretty, but we were hoping we'd have a better showing than the goose egg we laid tonight.

sinfan75
10-08-2021, 10:17 PM
Well damn. Most of us Tarpon fans knew going into this one it wasn't going to be pretty, but we were hoping we'd have a better showing than the goose egg we laid tonight.

Tarpons got 6 point. That don't count as a goose egg.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-08-2021, 10:36 PM
Tarpons got 6 point. That don't count as a goose egg.

You know what I meant.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-08-2021, 11:20 PM
Heard Rylan Galvan had meeting with Texas Rangers (baseball team)reason he wasn't there. Sinfan75 you know anything about this?

sinfan75
10-09-2021, 07:40 AM
Heard Rylan Galvan had meeting with Texas Rangers (baseball team)reason he wasn't there. Sinfan75 you know anything about this?

Rangers invited him to workout with them in Florida this weekend.

Tejastrue
10-09-2021, 09:39 AM
Nice.

99IHSMustang
10-09-2021, 01:37 PM

Sounded like a special opportunity. Can’t turn that down. Good for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SintonFan_inAustin
10-10-2021, 01:19 PM

Good, would like to see him come up as a Ranger. We had Mike Adams that was a Ranger for couple of years.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-10-2021, 01:25 PM
Some short twitter highlight video, twitter limit is 2:20 secs. for Sinton some highlights.
Sinton defense continues to play the run well limiting the Slot T from PI to 92 total yards.

Don't think Sinton would had even come close to losing if they had their #1, #2 or #3 running backs available against Miller. No #1 in this game but Sanchez and Moody with Goben at the end of the game providing the ground game.

https://youtu.be/L25uyZParhI