PDA

View Full Version : Bellville/Sealy

Bellville22
11-04-2002, 01:47 PM
After a few years off, the district finally realigned the way we wanted and now the neighboring rivals can play in the last game of the year, with a lot on the line, just like it should be. If my sources are correct, and assuming Navasota gets in as the D1, the winner of this game faces Giddings in Round 1 while the loser runs into LaGrange. So a District Crown isn't the only thing on the line. Although both of these schools have built up somewhat of a rivalry with LaGrange the past few years, and I'm sure would love to knock them out in the first round, I don't think either would prefer the Leps over Giddings.
I've seen both of these teams play this year and anticipate a great game. Sealy runs, then runs, then runs some more. They rely on their extremely quick backs to find a little daylight and head to the house, which they are quite capable of doing. They're not a team who pounds away at you, they count on getting 2 or 3 big plays from those guys a game. They're run defense is pretty solid as well. Big enough up front and pretty fast and aggressive all around. Pass defense on the other hand is something I can't comment on, they haven't played a team who will throw as much as Bellville, so that may be the question mark.
Bellville on the other hand is much more balanced in their offensive attack. Although they may not have the speed of Sealy's backs, they have a back who's bigger, capable of lowering his head for 3 or 4 extra yards, with enough speed to step off a 25 or 30 yarder if given the chance. Their passing game is as good as it's been in years, they've got a very good QB who throws the ball very well, and several recievers capable of making a big catch. I don't think Bellville's defense is as good as everyone thought it would be(losing D1 prospect LB will do that to you), but I think they have enough speed and discipline to contain those quick backs.
As with any heated rivalry, stats and previous scores can be thrown out the window. This game will come down to intensity, execution, and who makes the fewest big mistakes. Austin County is excited, and it will be a great football atmosphere in Sealy Friday night. Sealy will have a packed house full of excited fans who finally got to see their team break out of a mini-slump and play like they are capable of playing in Colombus last week. If they get a big play early, watch out. But I think that the balanced attack of Bellville, with a passing game far superior to anything Sealy has seen will come out on top in a close game.

Bellville 24, Sealy 17

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-04-2002, 03:28 PM
If Bellville plays the way they have been, they will have no problem with the Tigers. Bellville has been playing very good, they have a good balanced team! I think to Bellville it does not matter to them who they play in the 1st round! You beat them now or you beat them later, If they make it that far.

Tiger Turtle
11-05-2002, 05:26 PM
Looking for a great atmosphere in Sealy on Friday night. Sealy defense's weakness is pass defense - no team has run consistently on them all year. Tigers showed something of a passing game last Friday for the first time all season. Like the man said - they run, run, run. Emeal Andrus leading the district by about 500 yards in rushing over Gohbert, with Travis Williams ranking 6th although he doesn't get many carries. Should be a real old-fashioned Austin County shootout for the district crown. Bellville beat Sealy last year for the first time in a while, and the Tigers may still be smarting from the barbs they took. Let's get it on!!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-05-2002, 06:23 PM
Let me clear the air about the Distict crown, You Sealy are saying with a win you are the champs out right, even your paper stated that, Bullshit!
Bellville is 4-0 if by some chance you pull a up set, Sealy would be 4-1, so would Bellville, and maybe Navasota beats Columbus they are 4-1. The only team that could win the crown outright would be Bellville. If they would happen to lose to Sealy that would mean Bellville and Sealy would be district co. champions, It might even be a three way tie with Navasota if they win. So get that out of your heads that Sealy would be the champs, You might be the #1 seed, if the play-off scenario is right for Sealy. There are 7 different scenarios and only one of them say Sealy could be the #1 seed. That scenario is a Sealy win, and a Columbus win, Sealy would be the #1 seed, not district champs, Bellville #2 seed co champs with Sealy, and Columbus #3 seed, and Bellville would go D1. I will post the rest of the scenarios later.
Bottom line is Sealy can not be the distict champs they can only be co champs!!!!!!!

mwynn05
11-05-2002, 07:40 PM
im going for sealy bc i would rather play sealy orangefield giddings or liberty than bellville but im lookin way ahead here we gotta take care of businesswith Kirbyville first then if we do that with China Spring or Rockdale

mwynn05
11-05-2002, 07:44 PM
oh yea and if navasota loses and sealy wins Sealy is the out right district champs even if yall are both 4-1 Sealy beat yall head to head

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-05-2002, 09:27 PM
You obviously dont know your UIL, If Sealy gets the upset you have two teams that are 4-1, and even if Navasota loses you still have a share of the title. That is called a co-championship by the UIL. When you go to school in the morning, ask you AD, or call the UIL. Also Sealy would have to beat Bellville by 14 to Knock Bellville out of the #1 spot, With a Navasota win the Rattlers would be the #2 team and Sealy would be the #3 team, even with a win over Bellville!