PDA

View Full Version : Is Arkie really the worst team in the SEC-West?

Gontex
09-26-2021, 06:40 AM
Seems like some folks have been saying Arkie is the worst team in the SEC-West. They are basing that on last year's performance and not this year's reality. Looks like maybe some folks may have to reconsider that legacy.

d0tc0m
09-27-2021, 10:16 AM
Seems like some folks have been saying Arkie is the worst team in the SEC-West. They are basing that on last year's performance and not this year's reality. Looks like maybe some folks may have to reconsider that legacy.

I don't believe we are the worst in the West, but the west is stacked.

I'm celebrating these wins over Texas and A&M, while being cautiously optimistic about the rest of the schedule. I don't think we're the No. 8 team in the country, but it's nice to have the Hogs back in the national conversation again. I think our defense is good enough to keep us in most games, but some of what we've been successful at doing, I don't think we're going to get to do against some of the teams coming up. So I'll be watching anxiously to see what adjustments Barry Odom makes this weekend against Georgia. I think Odom is one of the truly great/brilliant defensive minds in college football, and he has some good pieces to work with right now.

Offensively, though, I'd like to see the Hogs find a bit more efficiency and ability to not shoot themselves in the foot in critical situations. We really need another legit, take-to-top-off-the-defense receiving threat. Points are going to be insanely hard to come by against Georgia. But I'm excited to see what Kendal Briles dials up this weekend.

Woo Pig Sooie!