PDA

View Full Version : District 16 4a DII opener Port Isabel at Robstown

SintonFan_inAustin
09-23-2021, 06:26 PM
Port Isabel is 14 point favorites by DCTF

TarponFanInNorthTexas
09-23-2021, 06:45 PM
The Tarpons should win this, but the injury bug is biting a little bit after that Aransas Pass game. Hopefully the BYE week gave them the time to get healed up.

Prediction: 35-14 Tarpons over Cottonpickers

TarponFanInNorthTexas
09-23-2021, 08:17 PM
7th Grade: Port Isabel 20, Raymondville 0 FINAL
8th Grade: Game in progress
Freshmen: Port Isabel 14, Hidalgo 6 FINAL

Port Isabel has no JV team this year.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
09-23-2021, 09:05 PM
Can't edit the post from above so...

8th Grade: Raymondville 16, Port Isabel 14 FINAL

TarponFanInNorthTexas
09-24-2021, 10:51 PM
Ok wow....where to start with this one.

What is up with Corpus Christi referees being terrible? YIKES! I can't wait to see how much penalty yardage Port Isabel ended up with for the game. And when has a referee ever taken a ball to the chains on the sideline for a measurement rather than bring the chains to the field?! Mind blown....

Anyhow. In another thread, I said Robstown has shown some spunk in them. That was on full display tonight. I've a feeling Robstown won't end up being the bottom feeder of the district come end of the season. They definitely have some fight in them, that's for sure! The one thing I was worried about, but didn't mention it because I was unsure, was size on the OL/DL. Robstown definitely had a sizeable advantage over Port Isabel in that aspect and they put it to good use, especially in the 1st half.

I was impressed with Robstown. They WILL have some district wins this season, that's for sure.

Actual Score: 55-40 Tarpons over Cottonpickers. Though to be fair to the Tarpons, Robstown scored a very late TD in garbage time against the JV kids. Regardless, it still counts.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-25-2021, 12:44 AM
Just saw some of the highlights on TV news. PI offense looks good and Robstown looks a lot better than 1st game of the year against Kingsville.
Good win by Tarpons.