PDA

View Full Version : Zack Bronson to be released by 49ers??

Bulldog92
02-29-2004, 11:04 PM
CBS Sportsline's NFL rumor mill is reporting that San Francisco will likely release Jasper's Zack Bronson. I think he still has a year left on his current deal, but that they're trying to clear cap space. It'll be interesting to see where he'll go. He has a history of freak injuries, but is solid when he's on the field and will be a nice addition to his new team.

j_dog
03-01-2004, 01:04 AM
I hope this is not true. I would like to see him play out his career where he started. But, then he might go to a Texas team? :)

How many years does he have with the 49ers? He has probably qualified for his pension by now.

Bulldog92
03-01-2004, 01:29 AM
j_dog:
I hope this is not true. I would like to see him play out his career where he started. But, then he might go to a Texas team? :)

How many years does he have with the 49ers? He has probably qualified for his pension by now.He joined the Niners as a free agent rookie back in '97, so he's been there for quite a while. As far as his coming home goes, Houston might have to look at him because they don't have much at safety and they're gonna cut Matt Stevens, who is slated to make 2.5M this next season. Zack was somewhere in the 2-2.5M range himself, I think, so it wouldn't seem to make sense financially for the Texans unless they made another cut to make room for him. Dallas is set for at least another couple of years with Woodson and Williams. Personally, I think he could end up in Detroit with Mariucci.

OldSchoolBulldog
03-01-2004, 02:31 AM
His career has lasted longer than most NFl players. As a person who grow up in Jasper, I am proud for him.

I hope someone can convince this young man to go into the coaching profession. As I understand it, he smart and discipline. That is an asset for a coach. Maybe he can start as a position coach at a college such as Texas State, McNesse or Texas A&M. This would position him well for a High School head coaching spot.

This is just my hope.

Bulldog92
03-01-2004, 09:27 AM
OldSchoolBulldog:
His career has lasted longer than most NFl players. As a person who grow up in Jasper, I am proud for him.

I hope someone can convince this young man to go into the coaching profession. As I understand it, he smart and discipline. That is an asset for a coach. Maybe he can start as a position coach at a college such as Texas State, McNesse or Texas A&M. This would position him well for a High School head coaching spot.

This is just my hope.Let him finish his career for crying out loud. He has probably 3-4 good years left in him (at least). I hope he finds his way back to McNeese or JHS too, but he's only 30 years old.

JasperDog94
03-01-2004, 10:07 AM
Yep, after 30 it's all down hill... wink

spiveyrat
03-01-2004, 12:59 PM
JasperDog94:
Yep, after 30 it's all down hill... wink So, are you implying that I'm "down the hill"??? wink

<small>[ March 01, 2004, 11:59 AM: Message edited by: spiveyrat ]</small>

JasperDog94
03-01-2004, 02:07 PM
Well maybe not down "the" hill, but probably down "a" hill. Depends on which side of 30 you look at it from.

Look at it this way, if you were a female gymnast, your career would be over by the time you could vote. eek! :D

Bulldog92
03-01-2004, 08:35 PM
spiveyrat:

JasperDog94:
Yep, after 30 it's all down hill... wink So, are you implying that I'm "down the hill"??? wink No kidding...me too. Zack was in my class... :)

j_dog
03-02-2004, 10:06 PM
JasperDog94:
Yep, after 30 it's all down hill... wink You can say that again! eek!

j_dog
03-02-2004, 11:57 PM
I just read in a California paper that SF released QB Garcia, but were holding onto Zack "for the time being". Supposedly, they have released enough to meet salary cap needs for the moment. The article did not elaborate whether Zack might still be released later.

Bulldog92
03-03-2004, 12:28 AM
j_dog:
I just read in a California paper that SF released QB Garcia, but were holding onto Zack "for the time being". Supposedly, they have released enough to meet salary cap needs for the moment. The article did not elaborate whether Zack might still be released later.I actually hope they let him go. It looks like that team is going through the same salary cap mess that Dallas went through a few years ago and they're gonna gut their team. He'll catch on somewhere and play well. Seattle could actually use a safety and it would be cool if he came here. One of my favorite guys in the game, Jon Kitna (who startted his career here in Seattle), looks to be interested in taking the reins from Garcia there in SF. I was hoping Dallas would take a look at him, but he's made it known he wants to play for either the Niners or San Diego.