Comanche
Glen Rose
Hillsboro
Venus
West
Whitney

Matthew328
02-02-2004, 10:09 AM
I told you guys....lots of 5 team districts!

vet93
02-02-2004, 10:14 AM
District 4 will be a strong 3a district. Snyder, Wylie, Sweetwater, a much improved merkel and an up and coming Clyde. This ought to be a dandy.

Adidas410s
02-02-2004, 10:39 AM
vet93:
District 4 will be a strong 3a district. Snyder, Wylie, Sweetwater, a much improved merkel and an up and coming Clyde. This ought to be a dandy.I think that overall this WILL BE THE TOUGHEST DISTRICT in 3A when you look at all of the sports. Over the last 4 years you have the following:

2 Golf State Team Titles
2 Golf Individual Titles
1 Tennis State Team Title
2 or 3 Tennis Individual Titles
1 Boys Track Team Title
3+ Track Individual Titles
2 State Semi-Finalists in Football
1 State Finalist in Football
1 State Finalist in Girls' Basketball
1 State Semi-Finalist in Baseball
1 Regional Finalist in Baseball
1 or 2 Regional Finalists in Basketball

I know that I am missing something here but I think that I have stated my case. Somebody prove me otherwise...

Adidas410s
02-02-2004, 10:41 AM
vet93:
District 4 will be a strong 3a district. Snyder, Wylie, Sweetwater, a much improved merkel and an up and coming Clyde. This ought to be a dandy.I think that overall this WILL BE THE TOUGHEST DISTRICT in 3A when you look at all of the sports. Over the last 4 years you have the following:

2 Golf State Team Titles
2 Golf Individual Titles
1 Boys Track Team Title

I know that I am missing something here but I think that I have stated my case. Somebody prove me otherwise...

Keith7
02-02-2004, 12:55 PM
Adidas410s:

vet93:

2 Golf State Team Titles
2 Golf Individual Titles
1 Boys Track Team Title

I know that I am missing something here but I think that I have stated my case. Somebody prove me otherwise...off the top of my head i can tell u over the past 4 years that the new district 6 has

3 state finalist in basketball, including 1 state title
1 state boys track team runner up
and 1 football state championship

This is all just from 1 team too

JasperDog94
02-02-2004, 12:57 PM
Keith, remind me what Gainsville turned in.

Keith7
02-02-2004, 01:11 PM
JasperDog94:
Keith, remind me what Gainsville turned in.They turned in 825 which is about the same as last reallignment

oh well
02-02-2004, 01:11 PM
Who is the big school in Dist 4 now?

Adidas410s
02-02-2004, 01:29 PM
I am pretty sure that Wylie will stay the same. Snyder keeps getting smaller and Sweetwater stayed somewhere in the 600's. Wylie turned in 861.

Here are the enrollments that each school turned in:
Abilene Wylie 861
Snyder 745
Sweetwater 640
Clyde 510
Merkel 417

<small>[ February 02, 2004, 12:34 PM: Message edited by: Adidas410s ]</small>

Adidas410s
02-02-2004, 01:31 PM
Keith7:

Adidas410s:

vet93:

2 Golf State Team Titles
2 Golf Individual Titles
1 Boys Track Team Title

I know that I am missing something here but I think that I have stated my case. Somebody prove me otherwise...off the top of my head i can tell u over the past 4 years that the new district 6 has

This is all just from 1 team tooSo that would be from Gainesville...what does anybody else in the district have to bring? All of what I listed is from Sweetwater, Snyder, and Wylie combined. Wylie can lay claim to the 3 or 4 Tennis Titles, the track titles in both team and individuals, as well as the football and girls basketball. Throw in the success of Sweetwater and Snyder and this district is gonna be fun to watch in every sport. I am glad that Wylie finally WONT have a cakewalk in pretty much every sport for the next two years!

Keith7
02-02-2004, 01:42 PM
Adidas410s:

Keith7:

Adidas410s:

vet93:

2 Golf State Team Titles
2 Golf Individual Titles
1 Boys Track Team Title

This is all just from 1 team tooSo that would be from Gainesville...what does anybody else in the district have to bring? All of what I listed is from Sweetwater, Snyder, and Wylie combined. Wylie can lay claim to the 3 or 4 Tennis Titles, the track titles in both team and individuals, as well as the football and girls basketball. Throw in the success of Sweetwater and Snyder and this district is gonna be fun to watch in every sport. I am glad that Wylie finally WONT have a cakewalk in pretty much every sport for the next two years!Gainesville should dominate in all guys sports besides baseball.. the rest of the teams are just average at other sports

JasperDog94
02-02-2004, 01:44 PM
Keith7:

JasperDog94:
Keith, remind me what Gainsville turned in.They turned in 825 which is about the same as last reallignmentthanks

JasperDog94
02-02-2004, 01:48 PM
nm

<small>[ February 02, 2004, 01:36 PM: Message edited by: JasperDog94 ]</small>

vet93
02-02-2004, 02:24 PM
Don't forget Merkel who went 3 rounds in the playoffs in football this year and they always have good baskeball teams.

Adidas410s:

vet93:

2 Golf State Team Titles
2 Golf Individual Titles
1 Tennis State Team Title2 or 3 Tennis Individual Titles
1 Boys Track Team Title

Adidas410s
02-02-2004, 04:24 PM
Correct me if I am wrong...but didnt every team but Clyde in 4-3A go at least 3 rounds deep? Sweetwater and Merkel both make the Region Semis, Snyder loses to Wylie in Regional Finals, and Wylie advancing to the State Semis? Now THAT is a nice record!

Adidas410s
02-02-2004, 04:26 PM
just as a correction to earlier...it is 2 Regional Finalists in baseball and not just 1. Wylie was in the Regional Finals in '01, State Semis in '02, and Regional Finals in '03.

vet93
02-02-2004, 05:04 PM
I think that you are right...and Clyde was no slouch...they played everyone tough, almost made the playoffs and upset Wylie.

Adidas410s:
Correct me if I am wrong...but didnt every team but Clyde in 4-3A go at least 3 rounds deep? Sweetwater and Merkel both make the Region Semis, Snyder loses to Wylie in Regional Finals, and Wylie advancing to the State Semis? Now THAT is a nice record!

hound22
02-02-2004, 06:03 PM
No doubt. 4-3A Is the toughest I have seen.

wildstangs
02-02-2004, 06:35 PM
I expected a surprise but not that. This district combined for 9 playoff wins in football last season. Wow! Glad to see the level of competition up. Its gonna be fun.

Burnet Dawg06
02-02-2004, 07:04 PM
oops double post

<small>[ February 02, 2004, 06:12 PM: Message edited by: Burnet Dawg06 ]</small>

Burnet Dawg06
02-02-2004, 07:07 PM
where can i go to find out the numbers that each school turned in??

Matthew328
02-02-2004, 07:42 PM
The Wylie/Sweetwater/Snyder district looks strong...but overall the rest of the region looks a bit weaker...Gainesville could very well roll to another Regional title..

oh well
02-02-2004, 07:53 PM
Will this cause any coaching changes?

VWG
02-02-2004, 10:09 PM
Interesting realignment with some districts only having 5 teams.
I agree that the district with Snyder, Sweetwater, Merkel, Wylie, and Clyde gives every district game excitement. No more "gimme's" on Friday nights in the Abilene area for 3A.
WF Hirschi has a new coach and it could be interesting for football in that district with Vernon, Iowa Park, Graham and Breckenridge.
WF Hirschi... to my knowledge, has never been 3A. I think with a new attitude at Hirschi you could see them in the playoffs next year. I know they have the athletes to do it.
Poor Bowie. Those guys get stuck in with Gainesville, Sanger, Pilot Point. Man, it just doesn't get any easier.

Anybody surprised at Brownwood's new district?

wildstangs
02-02-2004, 10:14 PM
VWG...I was very surprised to see the UIL break up the Stephenville - Brownwood rivalry. I had a question earlier, but couldnt get it to post. Who is the bigger school now, Hirschi, or Graham? The bigger school will most likely get Gainesville in the first round.

VWG
02-02-2004, 10:23 PM
wildstangs:
VWG...I was very surprised to see the UIL break up the Stephenville - Brownwood rivalry. I had a question earlier, but couldnt get it to post. Who is the bigger school now, Hirschi, or Graham? The bigger school will most likely get Gainesville in the first round.No doubt, Hirschi is the king of enrollment in this district. I thought they had about 950 kids but I guess they dropped more than I thought. In Wichita Falls you can go to Hirschi, Old High, or Rider no matter where you live in the city. They've been doing this for a while now. Back in the day WF High and Rider were 5A, and Hirschi was always 4A and made the playoffs every year.
With the addition of WF City View (a 2A school that is about 4 years old) it took some kids from Iowa Park and WF Hirschi.
Again, Hirschi now becomes a sleeper in this district for the playoffs in football. I would go ahead and lock them in for basketball playoffs, baseball playoffs, and track.. holy smoke, these kids can fly! I would put Hirschi's track team up against anybody in Region I.

When I saw where Brownwood got placed.. man, that was where I went "what was the UIL thinking"? You would think that Brownwood, Stephenville, Crowley, Cleburne, Aledo, Mineral Wells, would be a good fit.

wildstangs
02-02-2004, 10:43 PM
Graham will definitely benefit by not having to play Wylie or some other powerhouse in Round 1.

Keith7
02-03-2004, 12:33 AM
wildstangs:
Graham will definitely benefit by not having to play Wylie or some other powerhouse in Round 1.They could have Gainesville

Z motion 10 out on 2
02-03-2004, 10:19 AM
VWG:

wildstangs:
VWG...I was very surprised to see the UIL break up the Stephenville - Brownwood rivalry. I had a question earlier, but couldnt get it to post. Who is the bigger school now, Hirschi, or Graham? The bigger school will most likely get Gainesville in the first round.No doubt, Hirschi is the king of enrollment in this district. I thought they had about 950 kids but I guess they dropped more than I thought. In Wichita Falls you can go to Hirschi, Old High, or Rider no matter where you live in the city. They've been doing this for a while now. Back in the day WF High and Rider were 5A, and Hirschi was always 4A and made the playoffs every year.
With the addition of WF City View (a 2A school that is about 4 years old) it took some kids from Iowa Park and WF Hirschi.
Again, Hirschi now becomes a sleeper in this district for the playoffs in football. I would go ahead and lock them in for basketball playoffs, baseball playoffs, and track.. holy smoke, these kids can fly! I would put Hirschi's track team up against anybody in Region I.

When I saw where Brownwood got placed.. man, that was where I went "what was the UIL thinking"? You would think that Brownwood, Stephenville, Crowley, Cleburne, Aledo, Mineral Wells, would be a good fit.Hirschi has a new head football coach so it may take them a a year or so to get their program on track. Iowa Park, vernon and Graham usually play Hirschi in football in the nondictrict and beat up on the pretty bad. I think Graham hung like 70 points on them this past season. But yes Track and basketball will be interesting.

Nikeguy
02-03-2004, 11:56 AM
As a Wylie fan, I am very "pumped" about the new district. I agree that there are no more "gimmies" on Friday nights. Too bad that we lost Ballinger, that was always such a good rivalry. Maybe we will be able to add Jim Ned in the very near future. I would like to see the district get another team so that we can have five district games. Besides, I would rather add another "contender" such as Jim Ned, Breckenridge or Graham as opposed to other schools that have been in our district the last few years. How strong would our district be if that were to happen?

Additionally, our girls programs just got challenged with the new district as well.

Nikeguy
02-03-2004, 11:57 AM
As a Wylie fan, I am very "pumped" about the new district. I agree that there are no more "gimmies" on Friday nights. Too bad that we lost Ballinger, that was always such a good rivalry. Maybe we will be able to add Jim Ned in the very near future. I would like to see the district get another team so that we can have five district games. Besides, I would rather add another "contender" such as Jim Ned, Breckenridge or Graham as opposed to other schools that have been in our district the last few years. How strong would our district be if that were to happen?

Additionally, our girls programs just got challenged with the new district as well.

ClydeFan
02-03-2004, 12:16 PM
Wow, what a district 4-3A will be! I can't say there is celebration here in the streets of Clyde over it, as there will be some intense competition for those 3 playoff spots.

I hate to see Ballinger leave. They will be in a very tough 2A district with Jim Ned and Bangs. Vet, hope you still drop in!

vet93
02-03-2004, 01:54 PM
Hey guys...you can't get rid of me that easy! 4-3a is now my favorite 3a district!!! The only problem is that I have friends on every team in the district except for maybe Snyder. It will be hard to pick against a friend. This district will be the class of region I and one of the best all around districts in the state. It will also prepare each team very well for the playoffs. Good luck to each team and don't get angry with me if I try to sneak in a little 2a football from time to time :D Also...I wouldn't be surprised if at least one of the teams from this district doesn't end up on Ballinger's football schedule in preseason. A little bit of irony...some thought that Ballinger's move to 2a would allow them to be the "Big dog" in the district...well, we are actually the 4th largest out of six schools! This district is going to be very difficult for us...especially the first year. We will need all of the support you guys can give us!

ClydeFan:
Wow, what a district 4-3A will be! I can't say there is celebration here in the streets of Clyde over it, as there will be some intense competition for those 3 playoff spots.

I hate to see Ballinger leave. They will be in a very tough 2A district with Jim Ned and Bangs. Vet, hope you still drop in!

CatWoman
02-03-2004, 02:13 PM
Nikeguy:

Additionally, our girls programs just got challenged with the new district as well.This sure does appear to be an elite group!! Regarding your girls' program -- you are getting some good competition coming in, but I can't resist saying that you're losing a premier girls bunch in Ballinger. We are very proud of them as well.

CatWoman
02-03-2004, 02:14 PM
Nikeguy:

Additionally, our girls programs just got challenged with the new district as well.This sure does appear to be an elite group!! Regarding your girls' program -- you are getting some good competition coming in, but I can't resist saying that you're losing a premier girls bunch in Ballinger. We are very proud of them as well.

CatWoman
02-03-2004, 02:21 PM
4AAA surely does look to be a very competitive group. I'm not being controversial, but losing Ballinger takes a definite challenge away from the girls' programs. I just had to say it!!

CatWoman
02-03-2004, 02:21 PM
4AAA surely does look to be a very competitive group. I'm not being controversial, but losing Ballinger takes a definite challenge away from the girls' programs. I just had to say it!!

CatWoman
02-03-2004, 02:24 PM
Sarry for the double post - my computer or the operator screwed up!!

Keith7
02-03-2004, 02:42 PM
VWG:

wildstangs:

When I saw where Brownwood got placed.. man, that was where I went "what was the UIL thinking"? You would think that Brownwood, Stephenville, Crowley, Cleburne, Aledo, Mineral Wells, would be a good fit.Yall seem to be forgettin that the defending state Champions moved into region 1

Nikeguy
02-03-2004, 03:18 PM
CatWoman, didn't mean to imply that the Ballinger girl's program didin't provide Wylie with any competition. Just that the addition of these other schools more than provides competition that other district foes haven't. Then you consider we will be in district 4 and have to face other districts that contain Perryton, Canyon, and now Levelland, Wow. I sure wish that Ballinger would have stayed in our district, could you imagine how tough that district would be? I wish that the UIL would have at least given us another team that provided the same level of talent, tradition and excitement in place of Ballinger in addition to our other new schools.

By the way, did you go the varsity girls basketball game at Wylie last Friday? Was that not some game? Could have gone either way. Well good luck to ya'll in 2A.

vet93
02-03-2004, 03:24 PM
Keith...we are not forgetting. Everyone knows that Gainesville has a tremendous program but that doesn't mean that we are just shaking in our boots. Remember we lost Everman from Region I and they won the previous 2 titles. We are used to very good teams in the eastern half of the bracket.

Keith7:

VWG:

wildstangs:

When I saw where Brownwood got placed.. man, that was where I went "what was the UIL thinking"? You would think that Brownwood, Stephenville, Crowley, Cleburne, Aledo, Mineral Wells, would be a good fit.Yall seem to be forgettin that the defending state Champions moved into region 1

CatWoman
02-03-2004, 04:10 PM
Nikeguy:
CatWoman, didn't mean to imply that the Ballinger girl's program didin't provide Wylie with any competition. Just that the addition of these other schools more than provides competition that other district foes haven't. Then you consider we will be in district 4 and have to face other districts that contain Perryton, Canyon, and now Levelland, Wow. I sure wish that Ballinger would have stayed in our district, could you imagine how tough that district would be? I wish that the UIL would have at least given us another team that provided the same level of talent, tradition and excitement in place of Ballinger in addition to our other new schools.

By the way, did you go the varsity girls basketball game at Wylie last Friday? Was that not some game? Could have gone either way. Well good luck to ya'll in 2A.Hey I know you weren't implying that. I was just yanking your chain a little. Yes, the game last week was a thriller. If all goes as planned, we will be meeting Wylie again for a playoff for the #1 seed, but we both have to take care of other business before that. If it happens, it should be a great game. And by the way, Ballinger girls played both Perryton and Canyon last year - they are all you hear about and more!! We will definitely miss our old district.