PDA

View Full Version : Week 2: Fulshear (1-0) @ El Campo (1-0)

Scoop27
08-29-2021, 04:13 PM
Ricebirds should win but their defense needs to step it up and play better than it did against Gonzales

Webcast
www.kulpradio.com

Gontex
09-01-2021, 02:46 PM
Ricebirds should win but their defense needs to step it up and play better than it did against Gonzales

Webcast
www.kulpradio.com

Birds need to concentrate on taking care of the ball. They fumbled 6 times and lost three of them, one of which was returned for a td.

d0tc0m
09-01-2021, 04:57 PM
Fulshear is a pretty salty 5A Div II squad. They’ve got a good coach in Nick Codutti. I covered some of his teams in Springfield, MO when I was still a sportswriter. He’s had assistant stops at Beaumont Westbrook and Tomball. This is his first head gig in Texas. Really smart offensive mind, and he’s got a ton of athletes at Fulshear.

Like most, I’m pretty high on El Campo and Reuben Owens and Coach Worrell, but I think the Chargers come away with the win in this one.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-06-2021, 01:46 PM
Fulshear is a pretty salty 5A Div II squad. They’ve got a good coach in Nick Codutti. I covered some of his teams in Springfield, MO when I was still a sportswriter. He’s had assistant stops at Beaumont Westbrook and Tomball. This is his first head gig in Texas. Really smart offensive mind, and he’s got a ton of athletes at Fulshear.

Like most, I’m pretty high on El Campo and Reuben Owens and Coach Worrell, but I think the Chargers come away with the win in this one.

good call in this one.

Matthew328
09-06-2021, 01:52 PM
Fulshear has nearly 3000 kids on campus now....they are a 6A school at this point

d0tc0m
09-06-2021, 02:52 PM
Wow. Did not realize they had grown that much that quickly!

Matthew328
09-06-2021, 03:19 PM
Wow. Did not realize they had grown that much that quickly!

Yeah Codutti told me at THSCA they've had insane growth and are going straight to 6A

d0tc0m
09-07-2021, 10:29 AM
Yeah Codutti told me at THSCA they've had insane growth and are going straight to 6A

That's just crazy!

Man, I hope Codutti does well there. That man has been working so hard at his craft. Would love to see him stick and have long-term success somewhere in Texas.