PDA

View Full Version : Will Hillsboro upset Alvarado?

Alvaradobacker
11-01-2001, 12:09 PM
Normally, I'm confident in the Indians, but I have a bad feeling about this one. I hope I'm wrong. I'm afraid they're going to take the Eagles lightly after the big win against Kennedale last week. Coach Oden will have his work cut out for him getting the team motivated. We should have enough talent that it won't matter, but you never know. Stranger things have happened.

jackhammer
11-01-2001, 12:16 PM
EVERBODY LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jacket2000
11-01-2001, 12:21 PM
I dont think so. Hillsboro's QB is questionable at best, and their no-huddle offense hasnt been the same without him.

Alvaradobacker
11-01-2001, 01:28 PM
Jackhammer, I appreciate your confidence in the Indians, but with all due respect, you come across as someone with a serious case of homeritis. We've got a good team, but by no means are we unbeatable. Our secondary is torchable, and we have yet to discover the wonders of the forward pass on offense. Or maybe we just can't execute one. I don't know. I'm afraid our lack of a decent passing game is going to hurt us in the playoffs, but maybe our big ol' offensive line will be able to line up and run over people. We'll see.

jackhammer
11-01-2001, 01:43 PM
I WILL DEAL WITH YOU LATER WHEN I SEE YOU IN PERSON .

eye of the tiger
11-01-2001, 02:16 PM
Cant see hillsboro winning this one. Alvarado is on a roll and building momentum for the play_offs. Indians by 10 at least

the claw
11-01-2001, 02:38 PM
good call tiger. I don't think Coach Oden will have any problem motivating the indans, especially against a team that talks as much trash as Hillsboro. Indians by 14

AAAfan
11-01-2001, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by the claw:
good call tiger. I don't think Coach Oden will have any problem motivating the indans, especially against a team that talks as much trash as Hillsboro. Indians by 14

I also think Alvarado will prevail, but I have seen more trash talk on this board from Alvarado than Hillsboro. I hope they can back it up.

eye of the tiger
11-03-2001, 10:16 AM
Congrats on your hard fought win last night against Hillsboro. Good luck next week and then in the play-offs.

Alvaradobacker
11-03-2001, 11:43 AM
Hillsboro almost upset Alvarado. My nervousness was justified.

eye of the tiger
11-03-2001, 11:49 AM
But a W is a W. Teams that know how to win the close ones, go far. And better to get the nail biter out of the way before the play-offs.

jackhammer
11-03-2001, 11:54 AM
IT WAS ANOTHER WIN FOR ALVARADO BUT MY HAT GOES OFF TO HILLSBORO TOO BECAUSE THEY PLAYED A GTEAT GAME AND THAT RUNNING BACK THEY HAVE IS OUT STANDING . GOOD LUCK DOWN THE ROAD TO BOTH TEAMS .

Super Joe
11-04-2001, 09:38 PM
Indeed #33 was a man among boys for most of the game. But, when it came down to it, Alvarado drove 98 yards for the game-winning TD. Alvarado's got heart and plenty of conditioning. Brad Oden has a great program. If he would've been the coach in '99, Alvarado probably would've won state. Look for the Alvarado boys to go deep this year. Hopefully we'll meet up with Forney in the semi's granted we both make it that far. That'll be a great game of two great running backs. Congrats Indians on the 3rd consecutive district championship!!!

Alvaradobacker
11-04-2001, 11:59 PM
It sure would be nice if those Indians would blow out somebody besides Venus and Whitney. I'm going to have a heart attack watching one of these nail-biters. You sure get your money's worth, though.

I don't know if the '99 team could have beaten Commerce, regardless of the coach. It would have helped, but you gotta remember Commerce was 7 of 7 on fourth down conversions in that game. We only forced them to punt once.