PDA

View Full Version : Sinton - Corpus Christi Ray Scrimmage

sinfan75
08-20-2021, 12:54 PM
I thought this would be a tougher scrimmage for Sinton with Ray being a 5A D1 school. But it wasn't

Controlled portion of the scrimmage:

Sinton 1st team D scored on an int.
Sinton 1st team O scored 3 times
Sinton 2nd team O scored once

In the live quarter segment Sinton scored twice more with Ray not scoring at all
Sinton JV and Freshmen squads also dominated their scrimmages.

SintonFan_inAustin
08-20-2021, 05:02 PM
I thought this would be a tougher scrimmage for Sinton with Ray being a 5A D1 school. But it wasn't

Controlled portion of the scrimmage:

Sinton 1st team D scored on an int.
Sinton 1st team O scored 3 times
Sinton 2nd team O scored once

In the live quarter segment Sinton scored twice more with Ray not scoring at all
Sinton JV and Freshmen squads also dominated their scrimmages.

Rockport did a number on Ray also last week. Sinton D look good in control part, Ray kept getting sack or drop for losses. Put up a video later.
Both scrimmages Sinton varsity, JV and Fr haven't been scored on.

Sinton JV 6 Td
Ray JV 0 Td

Sinton Fr 9 Td
Ray Fr 0 Td

Sinton Fr open their season against Refugio JV on Thursday. Last year it was Sinton Fr beating Refugio JV.

SintonFan_inAustin
08-20-2021, 05:31 PM
Tristan Handson had 7 tds in Fr game, 4 passing and 3 rushing and had 1 in Varsity game in 2nd offense. Was QB Rene Galvan hurt he didn't play?

sinfan75
08-20-2021, 06:31 PM
Tristan Handson had 7 tds in Fr game, 4 passing and 3 rushing and had 1 in Varsity game in 2nd offense. Was QB Rene Galvan hurt he didn't play?

Not sure if he was hurt or not but he didn't suit up. Gave Brown and Handson a chance to get some work in though. Gonna be hard to keep Handson off the varsity this year.

pirate4state
08-21-2021, 11:23 AM
Not sure if he was hurt or not but he didn't suit up. Gave Brown and Handson a chance to get some work in though. Gonna be hard to keep Handson off the varsity this year.

There is no denying that Rene is a special athlete. In my dream world he and his brother would be the backs and we'd have Brown under center. Just my 2 cents... but what do I know? LOL

I haven't seen the Handson kid play, but it sounds like he is as good as Tyler was :clap:

SintonFan_inAustin
08-21-2021, 11:36 AM
There is no denying that Rene is a special athlete. In my dream world he and his brother would be the backs and we'd have Brown under center. Just my 2 cents... but what do I know? LOL

I haven't seen the Handson kid play, but it sounds like he is as good as Tyler was :clap:

Looks exactly like Tyler running and passing is 6'1 already. Sinton has qb's for years ahead to step in after this season.

sinfan75
08-21-2021, 06:33 PM

You're not alone on that thought. But Brown is going to be a pretty good reciever for sure. And like SFIA said. If you see Tristan Handson play you would think it was big brother Tyler playing. He is Tylers clone.

SintonFan_inAustin
08-21-2021, 09:49 PM
https://youtu.be/acU4bxhsJr0