PDA

View Full Version : 2021 District 16 4a D2

SintonFan_inAustin
08-06-2021, 09:11 PM
Sinton Pirates preseason preview from KIIITV 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqCiNibuUjA

MUSTANG69
08-06-2021, 10:00 PM
You don't have to worry about Ingleside. We will be fighting it out with Robstown and West Oso to see who the worst team in the district is.

SintonFan_inAustin
08-09-2021, 05:38 PM
You don't have to worry about Ingleside. We will be fighting it out with Robstown and West Oso to see who the worst team in the district is.

DCTF has Ingleside finishing 3rd in district in it's pre season predictions. It'll be interesting to see what the valley teams bring this season to the district. All 3 have had playoff tradition in the past, with PI dropping off some.
West Oso and Robstown at the bottom, rest should be good battles between them.

MUSTANG69
08-10-2021, 12:01 PM
It would be a pleasant surprise if we got 3rd in district but I don't see it happening.

Matthew328
08-10-2021, 12:09 PM
There's just a lot of questions with Rio Hondo and Port Isabel....missing basically a year is really going to hurt those two.....Raymondville had more of a season last year, but they also lost a really good group of seniors...Its Sinton, Rockport and then a big gap....

footballgal
08-13-2021, 12:38 AM
Hello !:1popcorn:

SintonFan_inAustin
08-16-2021, 11:49 AM
Hello !:1popcorn:

Hey footballgal. Miss posting from 956 posters and hopefully some find their way over here now we're in the same district.

MUSTANG69
08-16-2021, 05:40 PM
Sinton, Rockport top 2 spots. Raymondville #3. 4TH is a big question mark.

SintonFan_inAustin
08-17-2021, 06:18 PM
Sinton, Rockport top 2 spots. Raymondville #3. 4TH is a big question mark.

Raymondville lost a lot but always make the playoffs for a while now so most likely get one of the spots. PI i think might make a push for one of the spots. Rockport returns just about as much as Sinton they'll challenge for the top spot.

SintonFan_inAustin
08-17-2021, 06:22 PM
Sinton sub varsity vs Kingsville sub varsity
Sinton Fr 4 Kingsville JV 0
Sinton JV 1 Kingsville JV 0

https://youtu.be/Q8eQRkX-23s

SintonFan_inAustin
08-17-2021, 06:24 PM
I'll put up varsity game highlight later tonight.

footballgal
08-17-2021, 10:00 PM
Hey footballgal. Miss posting from 956 posters and hopefully some find their way over here now we're in the same district.

Yeah hopefully! I miss it too glad I still had my log in credentials here!

footballgal
08-17-2021, 10:04 PM
Large number of starters returning for Tarpons

Claire Cruz
Aug 17, 2021 9:31 PM
By CLAIRE CRUZ, Staff Writer

The Port Isabel Tarpons played just one game last year before COVID-19 protocols forced their season to abruptly end.

This year, they return 11 starters — six on offense and five on defense — and the talent that gives endless effort has Tarpons coach Tony Villarreal fired up for what’s to come.

Port Isabel got started on a strong note by competing well against Brownsville Pace in the season’s first scrimmage. The teams were tied after the first controlled portions, but a few injuries to the Tarpons made the difference in the end. Villarreal said there are around 35 kids suiting up for varsity — though that number has been rising slowly — and he expects it to continue as the first day of school nears.

“We hung in there. I think when we play people our own size and our own smell, we’ll be all right,” Villarreal said. “Offensively, we’re going to do what we’re going to do, we’re going to run the ball. I think we did well against a big 5A defense. I’m pretty happy there. Defensively, I was very pleasantly surprised. … I’m content with the progress, the pride, the hitting, the details, the recall from last year.”

Even with 23 lettermen returning, the Tarpons will be young on the offensive line. The unit will be led by senior center Hassiel Aguilar, but every other offensive lineman is a sophomore. Still, their willingness to learn and hard work has Villarreal confident they’ll be ready when contests start to count.

“Our offensive line looks really, really good. They’re all real young, but they’re coachable and they’re very precise and they’re detail kind of kids, and you can do a lot with that kind of athlete,” Villarreal said.

Villarreal said the Tarpons’ staff is still installing some things offensively and defensively, but overall he’s pleased with how much has been implemented already “without really having an offseason.” The defense is learning new schemes week by week to prepare for its upcoming opponent, which will be Santa Rosa this Friday.

Port Isabel will continue to learn, grow and improve as the coaches and athletes focus on their process. Villarreal consistently praises the heart and toughness Tarpons athletes have, and he expects those qualities to be just as present and beneficial this season as they have been in the past.

“We have an acronym for everything we teach,” Villarreal said. “For defense, it’s AAG — alignment, assignment and get off the ball. On offense, we have SAT — snap count, assignment and technique. We emphasize that all the time when we teach and make corrections. …

“The effort here is amazing,” he continued. “Now, whether we coach them and we adjust, and we get them in the right positions and the chemistry, that’s one thing. But these kids are just tough. There’s a lot of good things going. There’s a lot of good things we can build on.”

SintonFan_inAustin
08-19-2021, 07:54 AM
Large number of starters returning for Tarpons

Claire Cruz
Aug 17, 2021 9:31 PM
By CLAIRE CRUZ, Staff Writer

The Port Isabel Tarpons played just one game last year before COVID-19 protocols forced their season to abruptly end.

This year, they return 11 starters — six on offense and five on defense — and the talent that gives endless effort has Tarpons coach Tony Villarreal fired up for what’s to come.

Port Isabel got started on a strong note by competing well against Brownsville Pace in the season’s first scrimmage. The teams were tied after the first controlled portions, but a few injuries to the Tarpons made the difference in the end. Villarreal said there are around 35 kids suiting up for varsity — though that number has been rising slowly — and he expects it to continue as the first day of school nears.

“We hung in there. I think when we play people our own size and our own smell, we’ll be all right,” Villarreal said. “Offensively, we’re going to do what we’re going to do, we’re going to run the ball. I think we did well against a big 5A defense. I’m pretty happy there. Defensively, I was very pleasantly surprised. … I’m content with the progress, the pride, the hitting, the details, the recall from last year.”

Even with 23 lettermen returning, the Tarpons will be young on the offensive line. The unit will be led by senior center Hassiel Aguilar, but every other offensive lineman is a sophomore. Still, their willingness to learn and hard work has Villarreal confident they’ll be ready when contests start to count.

“Our offensive line looks really, really good. They’re all real young, but they’re coachable and they’re very precise and they’re detail kind of kids, and you can do a lot with that kind of athlete,” Villarreal said.

Villarreal said the Tarpons’ staff is still installing some things offensively and defensively, but overall he’s pleased with how much has been implemented already “without really having an offseason.” The defense is learning new schemes week by week to prepare for its upcoming opponent, which will be Santa Rosa this Friday.

Port Isabel will continue to learn, grow and improve as the coaches and athletes focus on their process. Villarreal consistently praises the heart and toughness Tarpons athletes have, and he expects those qualities to be just as present and beneficial this season as they have been in the past.

“We have an acronym for everything we teach,” Villarreal said. “For defense, it’s AAG — alignment, assignment and get off the ball. On offense, we have SAT — snap count, assignment and technique. We emphasize that all the time when we teach and make corrections. …

“The effort here is amazing,” he continued. “Now, whether we coach them and we adjust, and we get them in the right positions and the chemistry, that’s one thing. But these kids are just tough. There’s a lot of good things going. There’s a lot of good things we can build on.”
Thanks for posting, looks like PI is heading right direction with new former coach back.

SintonFan_inAustin
08-19-2021, 07:55 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1gFG067jic

SintonFan_inAustin
08-26-2021, 07:23 PM
Sinton FR 14
Refugio JV 14
Half

Kingsville King 7
Robstown 0
1st qtr 3:00

SintonFan_inAustin
08-26-2021, 07:39 PM
Robstown 7
Kingsville King 7
2nd Qtr 9:02

Sinton Fr 20
Refugio JV 21
3rd qtr

SintonFan_inAustin
08-26-2021, 08:44 PM
Halftime
Rio Hondo 45
Juarez Lincoln 0

Kingsville King 7
Robstown 7
3rd qtr

SintonFan_inAustin
08-26-2021, 10:36 PM
D16 4a D2 teams in bold
Kingsville King 28
Robstown 7
Final

Rio Hondo 65
Juarez Lincoln 0
Final

TarponFanInNorthTexas
08-27-2021, 10:19 PM
Port Isabel - 54
Brownsville St. Joseph - 6

FINAL

TarponFanInNorthTexas
08-27-2021, 10:22 PM
La Féria - 44
Raymondville - 26

FINAL

SintonFan_inAustin
08-27-2021, 11:24 PM
Ingleside 15
Mathis 10

Rockport-Fulton 76
Aransas Pass 0

Sinton 57
Orange Grove 12

West Oso 20
Odem 35

SintonFan_inAustin
08-27-2021, 11:27 PM
Looking like it's going to be a competitive district

TarponFanInNorthTexas
08-27-2021, 11:42 PM
Looking like it's going to be a competitive district

I’ll be blunt. The Port Isabel score is actually a pleasant surprise. This year’s team is very young. Multiple starters on both sides of the ball are Sophs.

MUSTANG69
08-28-2021, 12:02 AM
Ingleside was lucky to win their game. Defense was decent but way too much arm tackling. Defense did not give up any points. Mathis scored on a kickoff return and a safety. On offense we have some speed but the offensive line is the Mustangs achilles heel. The line is big but they couldn't block slow moving molasses. Somebody needs to explain to them that when the ball is snapped you have to actually move your feet to block somebody. Upside is we didn't get to many offsides penalties.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
08-28-2021, 04:50 PM
Tried to post a pic and failed miserably. Just click the image. It's purty and stuff.

SintonFan_inAustin
08-29-2021, 11:35 AM
Tried to post a pic and failed miserably. Just click the image. It's purty and stuff.

http://bbs.texasdownlow.com/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=1132&d=1630187444

TarponFanInNorthTexas
08-29-2021, 01:58 PM
Thank you. Not sure what I did wrong.

SintonFan_inAustin
08-30-2021, 02:47 PM
Rio Hondo enter the valley top 10 team at #10 with their win in week 1.

Had seen PI scrimmage against Porter on video last week and could see some of the PI tradition of power football in that scrimmage and seem to carry over to Week 1. DCTF has them as 4 point underdogs in week 2 so if they keep rolling look out as Coach V has them heading in right direction with a young team.

Rockport-Fulton saw some of their video and they have a new kid on dline looks like about 6'4 and just looks like he can dominate at the line. RF return just about as much as Sinton and they look better than last season.

RkptFltn
08-31-2021, 09:03 AM
Still see this district as a two horse race after week 1. Hard to see how Rockport is against that AP team, they were not good. This week will be a better test against a 5aD1 program.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
09-01-2021, 06:12 PM
Rio Hondo enter the valley top 10 team at #10 with their win in week 1.

Had seen PI scrimmage against Porter on video last week and could see some of the PI tradition of power football in that scrimmage and seem to carry over to Week 1. DCTF has them as 4 point underdogs in week 2 so if they keep rolling look out as Coach V has them heading in right direction with a young team.

Rockport-Fulton saw some of their video and they have a new kid on dline looks like about 6'4 and just looks like he can dominate at the line. RF return just about as much as Sinton and they look better than last season.

Small correction. PI scrimmaged Brownsville Pace, not Porter.

Also, DCTF is really underestimating this Tarpon team if they are having us as 4 point underdogs vs. Pharr Valley View, a team who didn't have a season last year and was blown out by Hidalgo last week.

And speaking of Aransas Pass. Port Isabel plays them in Week 3. It'll be interesting to see how we do against them considering Rockport put 76 on them. I doubt Port Isabel matches that. Tony V. isn't one to run up the score unless it's the backups scoring TDs. Last week vs. Brownsville St. Joseph, Tony V. called off the dogs at 40 points. The backups scored 2 more TDs

SintonFan_inAustin
09-01-2021, 09:16 PM

Also, DCTF is really underestimating this Tarpon team if they are having us as 4 point underdogs vs. Pharr Valley View, a team who didn't have a season last year and was blown out by Hidalgo last week.

And speaking of Aransas Pass. Port Isabel plays them in Week 3. It'll be interesting to see how we do against them considering Rockport put 76 on them. I doubt Port Isabel matches that. Tony V. isn't one to run up the score unless it's the backups scoring TDs. Last week vs. Brownsville St. Joseph, Tony V. called off the dogs at 40 points. The backups scored 2 more TDs

I thought i saw them as underdogs but right now shows PI as 16 point favorites. They do make adjustments and i got the spread early so they must of seen what you pointed out.

RkptFltn
09-02-2021, 11:28 AM

In the Rockport vs AP game the score was not ran up. Siebert did his normal go hard in the first half, go hard the first drive of the second half, then let up. If he wanted to run it up this could’ve gotten out of hand.

I’ve watched some lousy teams over the past decade. 2018-17 Hildago, 2019 Progresso, Robstown every year. But this AP team was the worst of all. Maybe they had some players out with illness.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
09-02-2021, 02:58 PM
In the Rockport vs AP game the score was not ran up. Siebert did his normal go hard in the first half, go hard the first drive of the second half, then let up. If he wanted to run it up this could’ve gotten out of hand.

I’ve watched some lousy teams over the past decade. 2018-17 Hildago, 2019 Progresso, Robstown every year. But this AP team was the worst of all. Maybe they had some players out with illness.

Progreso is bad every year. They're even worse this year. A 2A D1 team blew them out 63-3 last week. Though to be fair to them, they didn't have a season at all last year due to the pandemic.

Also, I didn't say Rockport intentionally ran it up on AP. All I said was that our coach isn't one to intentionally run it up. If the backups are scoring TDs, then so be it. Not much else you can do after that except shrug your shoulders and agree to a running clock.

RkptFltn
09-02-2021, 05:59 PM
Progreso is bad every year. They're even worse this year. A 2A D1 team blew them out 63-3 last week. Though to be fair to them, they didn't have a season at all last year due to the pandemic.

Also, I didn't say Rockport intentionally ran it up on AP. All I said was that our coach isn't one to intentionally run it up. If the backups are scoring TDs, then so be it. Not much else you can do after that except shrug your shoulders and agree to a running clock.

Absolutely agree. There was a running clock in the second half of the AP vs RF game.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-06-2021, 11:22 AM
District teams off to a good start with one non district game to go.

W L Team-------------------------------------------------------PF PA
2 0 Rio Hondo Bobcats--------------------------------------114 06
2 0 Port Isabel Tarpons------------------------------------- 84 13
2 0 Ingleside Mustangs-------------------------------------- 83 16 *
2 0 Rockport-Fulton Pirates---------------------------------138 24
2 0 Sinton Pirates---------------------------------------------107 24
1-1 Robstown Cotton Pickers-------------------------------- 21 35
1-1 Raymondville Bearkats----------------------------------- 57 42
0-2 Corpus Christi West Oso Bears-------------------------- 48 74

* Did Aransas Pass td at the end count after all in Ingleside game if it didn't then PA for Ingleside is 10.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
09-07-2021, 11:24 AM
District teams off to a good start with one non district game to go.

W L Team-------------------------------------------------------PF PA
2 0 Rio Hondo Bobcats--------------------------------------114 06
2 0 Port Isabel Tarpons------------------------------------- 84 13
2 0 Ingleside Mustangs-------------------------------------- 83 16 *
2 0 Rockport-Fulton Pirates---------------------------------138 24
2 0 Sinton Pirates---------------------------------------------107 24
1-1 Robstown Cotton Pickers-------------------------------- 21 35
1-1 Raymondville Bearkats----------------------------------- 57 42
0-2 Corpus Christi West Oso Bears-------------------------- 48 74

* Did Aransas Pass td at the end count after all in Ingleside game if it didn't then PA for Ingleside is 10.

Nearly all of the major sources (including DCTF) says the TD that AP scored at the end of the game counted. I watched the film on Hudl, and didn't see anything wrong with the play. Also, I doubt AP would have included that play on their highlight reel had it not counted, but that's just IMO.

As for my opinions on teams in the district 2 games in.....

Sinton and Rockport are 1 and 2 without question. The rest is where things get real fuzzy....

I, personally, am not convinced with Rio Hondo just yet. They beat a team that went winless in 2019 and had no season in 2020 in Week 1, and beat a winless in 2020 team in Week 2. They will get a pretty decent test this week against Brownsville Rivera. Sure, Rivera hasn't done much lately, but so far this year, they took one of the RGV's current Top 10 teams (PSJA North) to OT and lost, and then beat a pretty good Edinburg High team last week. Main point is this. Brownsville Rivera, at least this season, isn't the cupcake Rio Hondo is accustomed to playing against. Now if Rio Hondo ends up dominating Brownsville Rivera, then I would definitely put them up there in the Top 4 of the district. Not at the level of Sinton & Rockport, but just a step below them.

As for Raymondville, before the season started, I was telling a few folks that now with ZaRaivion Armendariz gone, the Bearkats will drop down a few notches. Sure enough, they lost to La Feria handily, and struggled to a 16-13 win gainst a La Grulla team that, quite frankly, isn't very good. They do have a QB with size that can sling the ball around, but they no longer have that speed demon X-Factor athlete like they did the past couple seasons. That has hurt them significantly.

Now, my homer call. Port Isabel, to me so far, is a "pleasant surprise". The Tarpons only played 1 game in 2020, a close loss to a 5A D1 playoff team in PSJA Southwest 35-28, but it showed a glimpse at the potential for the future for the Tarpons, as many of the kids that started in that game were Freshmen and Sophomores. The 2021 version of the Tarpons are still very young. The starting OL are 1 Senior, 3 Sophs, and a Freshman just to give you an example of just how young the 2021 version of the Tarpons are this year. Yet they were able to drop 54 on a decent Brownsville St. Joseph team in Week 1 and in Week 2, despite a noticeable size difference and a defense that was very well prepared to face the Slot-T, still put 30 points on Pharr Valley View. PI's next 2 games are against Aransas Pass and Robstown. If AP is as bad as others in the Coastal Bend are saying, the Tarpons will be 3-0 heading into Week 4.

As for Ingleside, West Oso, and Robstown, I don't know much about them enough to make comments about them. According to one poster here from Ingleside, the Mustangs aren't supposed to be very good. They're 2-0 so, IMHO, if they were truly THAT bad, they don't look it so far. Robstown, I think, is showing some spunk. They did lose to Kingsville but were somewhat competitive, but beat Falfurrias last week. I don't know jack about Falfurrias so I can't say anything, really. And for West Oso, they're 0-2 but West Oso is West Oso. Their speed will keep them in some games and for that, I'll never count them out as a team that can possibly upset one of the higher ranked teams in the district.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-07-2021, 03:16 PM
Should be good district with a lot of unknowns if teams have improve from last season. Majority have in this district.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
09-07-2021, 06:34 PM
Should be good district with a lot of unknowns if teams have improve from last season. Majority have in this district.

The only one in the district that seems to have dropped down a bit is Raymondville. Now, how far down they've fallen is still up in the air. But it is painfully obvious they are nowhere near as good as they have been the past few seasons.

MUSTANG69
09-07-2021, 07:35 PM
I'll take the blame for the confusion on the Ingleside score. The score was 68-6. I was walking out of the stadium and
AP scored with no time left. I sent 99 an update of 68-6. When I got in the truck the radio and Scorestream were saying the score was 68-0. I assumed the TD got called back. I then sent that update to 99. Turns out the radio was getting their scores from Scorestream who is not very reliable.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-08-2021, 07:39 AM
The only one in the district that seems to have dropped down a bit is Raymondville. Now, how far down they've fallen is still up in the air. But it is painfully obvious they are nowhere near as good as they have been the past few seasons.

Wasn't sure about them till saw them squeak by La Grulla. RGV TV station ranking has PI #3 and RH #4 on area rankings for sub 6a.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-08-2021, 07:42 AM
I'll take the blame for the confusion on the Ingleside score. The score was 68-6. I was walking out of the stadium and
AP scored with no time left. I sent 99 an update of 68-6. When I got in the truck the radio and Scorestream were saying the score was 68-0. I assumed the TD got called back. I then sent that update to 99. Turns out the radio was getting their scores from Scorestream who is not very reliable.

No problem, thanks for providing the updates to 99, good to still have fans posting for Ingleside updates.

99IHSMustang
09-08-2021, 11:24 AM
No problem, thanks for providing the updates to 99, good to still have fans posting for Ingleside updates.

Ingleside has been having some really bad seasons, but glad to post stuff when I can. From what I have seen regarding game recaps on HUDL and such, Ingleside seems to have a decent sized O line, but I am not so sure they are very athletic. Their defense hasn't allowed many points, but again that has something to do with the quality of the opponents. Ingleside's game against Gonzales will be their best opponent to date. I am interested to see how they do in that game.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
09-12-2021, 08:14 PM
I’m on a plane headed back to California, but once I get back in front of my computer, I’ll post some thoughts on district teams after Week 3.

Difficult to post with my cell phone. Darn these fat thumbs…..

SintonFan_inAustin
09-12-2021, 08:59 PM
I’m on a plane headed back to California, but once I get back in front of my computer, I’ll post some thoughts on district teams after Week 3.

Difficult to post with my cell phone. Darn these fat thumbs…..

Safe travels, I hope to see few more games and trying to be off for PI game in few weeks.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
09-16-2021, 12:14 PM
Safe travels, I hope to see few more games and trying to be off for PI game in few weeks.

Ok, took me a while to get around to this, so my apologies for the delay. Anyhow, thoughts after Week 3 in D16 DII...

Rio Hondo: CALLED IT! There was a reason why I said I wasn't impressed with their 2 blowout wins over cupcake level 5A/6A teams. They finally faced a team with a good defense in Brownsville Rivera and got shut down. This knocks them down a few pegs, IMHO.

Raymondville: Won another close game, this time over 3A DI Lyford 22-16 (according to Hudl, I've seen 28-7 on other sources). Lyford is an average team at best, with wins over 2A D1 La Villa, and 3A DII Santa Rosa. Also, from what little film I've seen of Raymondville (they are BAD about posting video on Hudl) they look nowhere near as good as they were the past few seasons They also seem very slow on Defense as Lyford's offense (from what I could see) had a definite speed advantage over Raymondville.

Port Isabel: Beat Aransas Pass rather convincingly 41-7. It was 35-0 at the half, though it would have been 42-0 at the half had a beautiful 76 yard TD run not been called back on a holding call. The 2nd team O scored once early in the 3rd to make it 41-0 (missed PAT) then it was a mix of Freshmen and JV for the rest of the game. While on paper, only putting up 41 points on AP doesn't look as good as 76 or 68 (Rockport & Ingleside) it shows that the HFC for Port Isabel cares about getting his youngsters some reps. While that is great for future seasons, it has it's flaw that the starters have yet to play a full 4 quarters of a football game. That MIGHT hurt them later in the season when they begin playing the tougher 4A DII teams. But for now, we'll relish the fact the Tarpons are 3-0 for the first time since 2016 and are looking great on both offense and defense.

Ingleside: IDLE (@99IHSMustang: Was this Ingleside's scheduled BYE week? Or was the game cancelled?)

Robstown: Won a close 30-24 game over Banquete last week. I will say this about Robstown. They're showing some spunk. I'm glad that they're showing improvement, but the teams that they've playing, to be blunt, are pretty poor quality teams. I fear that when Robstown begins district play, they'll be brought back to reality rather quickly. Coincidentally, their first district game is against Port Isabel (3-0) on 9/24

West Oso: They are 0-3. While the Bears have been competitive in all 3 games, they have all come against lower classification schools. That's not a good look for the Bears, and I've a feeling they will struggle for wins in district play. Will they be competitive? Sure, absolutely! With their speed, that will always keep them in some games, but not against the upper crust teams in the district.

Sinton: A close 34-30 loss against a very good CC Miller team last week. Despite the loss, I still have Sinton as a top team in the district. The injury bug seems to be nibbling on Sinton this year which isn't good for them. The BYE Week should help them get healthy assuming none of the injuries aren't too serious.

Rockport: Beat Tuloso-Midway so convincingly that Tuloso-Midway doesn't have any offensive highlights from the Rockport game on their Hudl. The score was 28-7 btw.....and the Rockport Pirates are 3-0 and looking good heading into district play.

My current D16 4A DII Rankings heading into district play.

1. Rockport (3-0)
2. Sinton (2-1)
3. Port Isabel (3-0)
4. Ingleside (2-0)
5. Rio Hondo (2-1)
6. Raymondville (2-1)
7. Robstown (2-1)
8. CC West Oso (0-3)

99IHSMustang
09-16-2021, 02:20 PM
Ingleside had their Bye week, last week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TarponFanInNorthTexas
09-16-2021, 02:55 PM
Ingleside had their Bye week, last week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok cool, thanks for the clarification. Wasn't sure.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-16-2021, 06:04 PM
Sinton hasn't even used Rylan Galvan this season, it has given Rene Galvan to show he can produce like his twin brother. Sinton should be at full strength hopefully going into district. DCTF has them at #10.
Sinton going to Rockport in 2nd district matchup and then Port Isabel. 2 unbeaten teams Sinton will have to take down in district and should.

1.Sinton
2. Rockport Fulton
3. Ingleside
4. Port Isabel
5. Rio Hondo
6. Raymondville
7. Robstown
8. West Oso

i can see some 3 way tie for either 3rd and 4th or for 4th going into last district game.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-16-2021, 06:07 PM
i should of waited to see how Ingleside does against Gonzales, if they do well and win by good margin they should be a playoff team if they drop that game might flip PI and Ingleside with RH a shot at 4th.

RkptFltn
09-16-2021, 07:33 PM
What’s the real story on Rylan? I’m hearing he might be moving to a pretty light load to help prevent further injury. I’m sure the baseball coaches at UT have some preference on this.

Hope to see Sinton at full strength soon. Also hope to see Rylan playing for the Horns in a big way.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
09-17-2021, 04:46 AM
i should of waited to see how Ingleside does against Gonzales, if they do well and win by good margin they should be a playoff team if they drop that game might flip PI and Ingleside with RH a shot at 4th.

That's why I didn't make any comment about Ingleside in my post. Also it was their BYE Week. Let's see how they do against Gonzales first.

MUSTANG69
09-17-2021, 11:42 AM
I am not convinced that Ingleside is a contender for a playoff spot yet. Their 2 victories are against 3A Div1 teams. One of those was Aransas Pass so it really doesn't count. If they can beat Gonzales then I might be more convinced of their legitimacy.

sinfan75
09-17-2021, 12:11 PM
What’s the real story on Rylan? I’m hearing he might be moving to a pretty light load to help prevent further injury. I’m sure the baseball coaches at UT have some preference on this.

Hope to see Sinton at full strength soon. Also hope to see Rylan playing for the Horns in a big way.

Well if that's the case about Rylan then maybe he needs to drop out of football and concentrate on baseball. If he is 100% ready to go then Coach Troutman is going to have him in the lineup. He may get spelled more by his backup but he will be in that backfield. And I also think Rylan would rather be playing than standing on the sidelines. I'm not too familiar with his injury, mainly because nobody talks about the injuries of the players. Everything you hear is nothing but rumors anyhow.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
09-17-2021, 09:10 PM
Ok I’m impressed with what Ingleside is doing right now.

99IHSMustang
09-17-2021, 10:33 PM
Ok I’m impressed with what Ingleside is doing right now.

I think it was a quality win. Hopefully this carries over into district. Ingleside really needs to work on eliminating a lot of penalty yards. Maybe they can play with a chip on their shoulder and actually compete for something more than a 3rd or 4th playoff spot.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
09-17-2021, 10:38 PM
I think it was a quality win. Hopefully this carries over into district. Ingleside really needs to work on eliminating a lot of penalty yards. Maybe they can play with a chip on their shoulder and actually compete for something more than a 3rd or 4th playoff spot.

As it stands now, I’d put Port Isabel and Ingleside a very close and interchangeable 3 & 4 in the district heading into district play.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-18-2021, 01:05 PM
Some defensive highlights from scrimmages to week 3 on Sinton Pirates. Offensive highlights hopefully tomorrow,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRZ6a-MSJ18

SintonFan_inAustin
09-18-2021, 01:09 PM
As it stands now, I’d put Port Isabel and Ingleside a very close and interchangeable 3 & 4 in the district heading into district play.

yes both look ready to compete for more than a 4th spot and wouldn't rule out Rio Hondo and Raymondville in that mix. Good district almost no big drop off in the teams.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-19-2021, 10:06 PM
District Game #1 matchups

West Oso at Sinton
Rockport-Fulton at Raymondville
Ingleside at Rio Hondo
Port Isabel at Robstown

SintonFan_inAustin
09-19-2021, 10:15 PM
Some Sinton stats....in 3 games

1st qtr points this season
Sinton 44
Opponents 7
2nd qtr
Sinton 29
Opponents 6
3rd qtr
Sinton 46
Opponents 24
4th qtr
Sinton 18
Opponents 21

at the Half point total
Sinton 73
Opponents 13

SintonFan_inAustin
09-20-2021, 10:40 AM
Some defensive highlights from scrimmages to week 3 on Sinton Pirates. Offensive highlights hopefully tomorrow,

Here is some of the offensive highlights so far this season includes scrimmages

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8yd6sP6Mf8