PDA

View Full Version : Singh Vs. Sorenstam

Green Ranger
05-19-2003, 07:21 AM
I was just curious what everyone thought of this situation especially now that Singh has pulled out of this match up because "I am tired." For what it is worth I believe if she represents herself well, I have no problem with it, personally I think Singh is afraid of getting beat by a female and eating his own words.

Chris Hart
05-19-2003, 02:54 PM
I may catch a little heat for this, but oh well. I personally agreed with everything Vijay Singh(?) said. And I also don't think Annika will make the cut. But what's with the double standards, where she can come and play a tournament on the men's tour, but what would the talk be if Tiger Woods the men's #1 ranked player wanted to go over and play in a Women's tour event. The media would have everyone going ballistic. I agree with Vijay, the women have their own tour and so do the men, so lets keep it that way. If the women want to gripe about that, than just combine the tours and let Annika (the leading women's money winner) go home with 40-50th place finishing checks each week and see how long it is before the women want their own tour back. The whole ordeal is bad for the game of golf, IMO of course. :)

big daddy russ
05-19-2003, 03:25 PM
Chris Hart, I have to agree with you. Singh was actually worried more about the guy that doesn't make the cut because Annika Sorenstam wants to try out something new. I think it would be great if in the future they had some kind of co-ed golf tour with maybe 4 or 5 tournaments a year, but I think the men should play with the men and the women should play with the women for now.

rholl
05-19-2003, 03:27 PM
Probably just a one time shot thing...but I still don't agree. ANd if the golfers really wanted to make a statement...they could all withdraw!!!! All take a week of vacation like Singh and come back next week. But many golfers are saying they don't really care if she plays....well at least they are saying that while the cameras are on!