PDA

View Full Version : Wimberley Texans Football 2021

Tejastrue
06-16-2021, 06:17 PM
It's a bit early but our 2021 schedule has been released. There is however, and as it has been the past couple of seasons, yet another "TBD" on the schedule. Still seething with a grimaced face about our district, put in place by our close friends at the UIL. In spite of that, so looking forward to the season.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zvb3SqY1UT_Gc2PI5kAcE8bwp-aqFPqq6iqmdLBm6lQ/edit?usp=sharing

d0tc0m
06-18-2021, 07:34 AM
Yeah, that district is just completely hapless, and I feel bad for y’all and Navarro. Pre-district looks solid though. Lampasas will be down, but hopefully still competitive. Cuero will be back on the up-and-up, and Fred should be a solid game too.

ogg
06-24-2021, 10:36 AM
Good that most of our district games are home, other than Navarro, I doubt that I'd drive to them.

ogg
06-24-2021, 01:24 PM
Wimbo should have a good team this year, many defensive players returning. Offense should be explosive.

Tejastrue
06-24-2021, 07:47 PM
Day one sweep for Wimberley in 7on7. Sophomore QB for the Texans. Yes I know, 7on7, but this kid is a competitor. Receiving corp has been awesome. Sky is the limit. Go Texans!

Tejastrue
06-25-2021, 07:17 PM
Well...day two not as successful but what a great showing. If I have not said this yet, which I have....so looking forward to the season!

d0tc0m
06-26-2021, 08:01 AM
Well...day two not as successful but what a great showing. If I have not said this yet, which I have....so looking forward to the season!

The Texans are gonna be good. Gonna be a problem for teams once the pads come on.

ogg
07-01-2021, 01:47 PM
About 6 more weeks.

Tejastrue
07-01-2021, 09:24 PM
Can't get here fast enough!

Tejastrue
07-06-2021, 09:05 PM
The Texans are gonna be good. Gonna be a problem for teams once the pads come on.

Looks like you guys are going to be right in the mix of things once again. Best of luck. Hard to find homes for sale or rent around here. Too many outsiders wanting to move to the area, lol. Thinking it will not be too long before we move up. Always said, would love to see a Wimberley v. Celina match-up. I'd make every effort to make sure I/we would be there.

d0tc0m
07-07-2021, 09:35 AM
Looks like you guys are going to be right in the mix of things once again. Best of luck. Hard to find homes for sale or rent around here. Too many outsiders wanting to move to the area, lol. Thinking it will not be too long before we move up. Always said, would love to see a Wimberley v. Celina match-up. I'd make every effort to make sure I/we would be there.

Celina ought to be there in December. They've got a very talented group with a nice mix of youngsters and veteran leaders. A ton of playmakers on offense and a defense that was good but young last year and grew up and was playing at a very high level at the end of the year in 2020. They've been working hard, too. Hopefully this is the year!

I would absolutely love a Celina/Wimberley showdown. That's been on my list for a while now. Like you, I'd go out of my way to make sure I could see that one. Maybe it'll happen this season, and we won't have to go out of our way too much ... only to Arlington.

Tejastrue
08-08-2021, 04:37 PM
Getting closer. Can't let this one disappear. lol

Tejastrue
08-08-2021, 09:20 PM
Did I mention..we have a QB controversy?

d0tc0m
08-08-2021, 10:04 PM
Did I mention..we have a QB controversy?

Tell me more!!

Tejastrue
08-09-2021, 07:09 AM
It's more about "what the heck?" We have an IMG transfer/move-in..that graduated early, and is competing for the QB position.

https://twitter.com/TylerRossQB2022

Tejastrue
08-09-2021, 04:42 PM
Should have read "graduating" early.

d0tc0m
08-09-2021, 07:57 PM
Woah!! IMG, huh? That seems random, but good get for the Texans, maybe. Is he living up to IMG hype? And is the controversy over who’s better, or whether or not the team will play for the new guy?

Tejastrue
08-09-2021, 08:49 PM
As far as any hype, I'd have to say no. It was mentioned that they (IMG) have a (B) team. Watching film, the guy loves to run. A lot. He is talented but my gut still says the sophomore will be the guy. It is a great option to have for the QB position, I will admit. Competition is always good (and it is definitely there) but give me the guy who has come up through the system. Scrimmages this week. Can't wait!

Tejastrue
08-12-2021, 05:56 PM
I guess I should mention it has become a tres QB race. JV QB from last year making some real noise.

d0tc0m
08-12-2021, 09:03 PM
Sounds like the Texans have a real good problem on their hands. Depending on who gets the starting job, are the other two players good enough athletes to be utilized elsewhere on the field for Wimberley?

Tejastrue
08-14-2021, 03:56 PM
They will use the kid from IMG somewhere that is for sure. Elusive with good speed. As far as the sophomore, I still think he gets the nod at QB. Right now the receiving corp has some voids to fill but it looks like that is coming around. Look for a healthy rb Olmedo to get some work in the slot. Everyone knows we love to run a screen. He's a track guy as well.

rb585
08-15-2021, 12:03 AM
They will use the kid from IMG somewhere that is for sure. Elusive with good speed. As far as the sophomore, I still think he gets the nod at QB. Right now the receiving corp has some voids to fill but it looks like that is coming around. Look for a healthy rb Olmedo to get some work in the slot. Everyone knows we love to run a screen. He's a track guy as well.

I assume the soph is Cooper's little brother?

And the IMG kid did not transfer here to not play QB. He'll transfer to Aledo if he doesn't start at QB here.

Tejastrue
08-15-2021, 09:47 AM
Ah, the prodigal child returns. If that is truly the case. The team doesn't need a diva. Aledo..really?

Tejastrue
08-18-2021, 05:16 PM
Just read where former Texan QB JoJo Weeks (UTSA) is entering the transfer portal. Best of luck to this talented young man.

Tejastrue
08-19-2021, 05:28 PM
Scrimmage tonight against LaVernia will be broadcast live on kwvh.org.

Tejastrue
08-19-2021, 08:40 PM
Well that sucks. Signing off before the live quarters.

Tejastrue
08-20-2021, 06:09 PM
In this scrimmage, the sophomore QB Cash McCollum did not disappoint.

Tejastrue
08-22-2021, 09:16 PM
Highlights of McCollum and company. LV scrimmage

https://t.co/qS6qY8EIKb?amp=1

SintonFan_inAustin
08-22-2021, 09:39 PM
Highlights of McCollum and company. LV scrimmage

https://t.co/qS6qY8EIKb?amp=1Sure doesn't appear like any drop off from qb position!!! Big kids up front as usual for Texans.

Tejastrue
08-25-2021, 06:57 PM
Wimberley at Canyon Lake
Friday 7:30

Battle of the Back Bone once again to get the season started. Looks to be be another highly contested, down to wire sort of game. I know it's early but very eager to see just how well this Wimberley team will mesh.

A little CL pre-game:

https://hilltopresporter.com/2021/08/pre-game-wimberley-cl-hawks/

rb585
08-25-2021, 08:56 PM
Wimberley at Canyon Lake

Battle of the Back Bone once again to get the season started. Looks to be be another highly contested, down to wire sort of game. I know it's early but very eager to see just how well this Wimberley team will mesh.

A little CL pre-game:

https://hilltopresporter.com/2021/08/pre-game-wimberley-cl-hawks/

That dude always manages to do the seemingly impossible -- he makes me appreciate the quality of writing in the Wimberley View.

What's our QB situation?

rb585
08-25-2021, 09:01 PM
Flashback to last year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heWb4GR1m64&t=13901s

Tejastrue
08-27-2021, 03:42 PM
That dude always manages to do the seemingly impossible -- he makes me appreciate the quality of writing in the Wimberley View.

What's our QB situation?

Ross is out for tonight. No surgery needed type injury. The sophomore will start. At least that's the rumor.

rb585
08-27-2021, 07:24 PM
Ross is out for tonight. No surgery needed type injury. The sophomore will start. At least that's the rumor.
Bruised pride?

Tejastrue
08-27-2021, 08:36 PM
Maybe...strained ligament is the word. lol Cash looking pretty solid thus far. Wipe open TD pass drop tonight. Kind of reminds me of 2011 SC game with Blakemore but he made up for it big time later in the game.

rb585
08-27-2021, 10:05 PM
20-3 Wimberely

Way too many penalties and bad snaps, but overall, I thought it was a really good performance for game 1. McCollum looked really good. Defense was nails. #11 is a great freaking football player. Here's about as big of a compliment as I can give -- #7 reminds me of Kolby Kelley. He just road-graded as a blocking back in the second half and was a beast on defense. Looks like we have a better kicking game than we've had in years, assuming we can get snaps straightened out.

If the old adage that a team improves most between G1 and G2 is true, Cuero is in trouble next week.

Tejastrue
08-27-2021, 10:10 PM
Wow....check that spelling..lol. must be the that hot beer syndrome...

rb585
08-27-2021, 11:32 PM
Wow....check that spelling..lol. must be the that hot beer syndrome...

Hey, at least I got the right number of e's! But it has more to do with indica and less to do with hot beer, to be honest.

Tejastrue
08-28-2021, 10:04 AM
:spitlol::spitlol::spitlol:

Tejastrue
08-28-2021, 02:22 PM
https://hilltopresporter.com/2021/08/wimberley-leave-little-doubt-they-are-better-team-20-03/

Tejastrue
08-28-2021, 02:26 PM
https://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/high_school/scoreboard/?mkt=sanantonio&site=default&tpl=team&Sport=1&TeamID=5226&SchoolID=&Season=2021&DistrictID=&SearchDate=08%2F28%2F21&SearchDateEnd=08%2F28%2F21&SearchLastName=&SearchFirstName=&Market=11&SearchType=Teams

Tejastrue
08-28-2021, 03:22 PM
Perseverance. Congrats Cade!

https://twitter.com/TexanFball/status/1431656965852254213

ogg
08-28-2021, 04:46 PM
Holding a slot-t to 66 yards and shutting down their passing game. Code Red is stout.

rb585
08-28-2021, 05:17 PM
Holding a slot-t to 66 yards and shutting down their passing game. Code Red is stout.

Maybe I'm stating the obvious here, but 99% of the time (yeah, talking to you, too, Navarro) what shuts down a wing/slot T's passing game is that their O-line just has no clue how to pass block. I started feeling sorry for CL's QB in the 4th quarter because he just had a sieve in front of him.

ogg
08-29-2021, 10:21 AM
Maybe I'm stating the obvious here, but 99% of the time (yeah, talking to you, too, Navarro) what shuts down a wing/slot T's passing game is that their O-line just has no clue how to pass block. I started feeling sorry for CL's QB in the 4th quarter because he just had a sieve in front of him.

My independent study showed 67%.

Tejastrue
09-05-2021, 06:26 PM
Well, the word is our sophomore QB should be able to play this week. Was injured in the 1st half. Before that was struggling a bit with Cuero's stingy secondary and pass rush. Got a bit careless with the ball and fumbled away a sure td. This kid is going to be really good. Lampasas comes to town this week. Texans will be ready. Defense will need to be solid while this offense finds its way.

Matthew328
09-06-2021, 09:43 AM
Watched a good portion of Wimberley-Cuero on TexanLive....turnovers really hurt Wimberley and I thought Cuero's speed really caused Wimberley some problems...big plays and then the INTs looked from the broadcast like the QB was just a little late with the ball and Cuero's DB's closed quickly....Cuero is legit and that makes R4 fun because I think you've got 3 outstanding teams at the top

Tejastrue
09-06-2021, 05:30 PM
I agree. Would have loved to have seen how our QB responded in the 2nd half. Region-4 crown will certainly be up for grabs.

d0tc0m
09-07-2021, 10:28 AM
Region IV is going to be really fun to watch come playoff time. Between Cuero, Wimberley and Sinton ... there's bound to be some very fun matchups. Not to mention, Navarro cannot be discounted against those aforementioned teams. That'll be such an exciting region to watch, in my opinion.

Tejastrue
09-09-2021, 05:39 PM
Looks like our sophomore QB McCollum will be a game day decision. Probably will not play. This would mean our 3rd string will start the game.

ogg
09-10-2021, 03:14 PM
Moses, warm up please.

Tejastrue
09-11-2021, 12:17 PM
Turns out McCollum did start and man did he perform. 4 TD passes. 16 0f 23 with close to 400 yds. No ints. Texans with 600 yds of total offense. Will say the Badger offense is still legit.

rb585
09-11-2021, 01:44 PM
WIMBERLEY — Wimberley knew it would have the chance to make big plays in the passing game Friday, it was just a matter of executing.

It’s safe to say the Texans might have even exceeded their own expectations.

Sophomore quarterback Cash McCollum threw for 382 yards and four touchdowns and Wimberley produced nine plays of at least 30 yards as it rolled up nearly 600 yards of offense during a 45-21 win over Lampasas at Texans Stadium.

“We watched a bunch of film, knew they were going to send pressure, but our offensive line did a great job and gave me a bunch of time to let my receivers make plays,” said McCollum, who at one point completed eight passes in a row and has the potential to be one of Central Texas’ star quarterbacks the next two years. “All my teammates were building me up for the game and that made me confident going in. This is a great win because last week we didn’t play our best and this week we shut down a pretty good team.”

With the Badgers playing an aggressive, blitzing defense that puts eight defenders in the box and leaves its corners on an island, the Texans knew they’d be pushing the ball down field in the air most of the night.

McCollum completed six passes of at least 35 yards, including touchdowns passes of 45, 58 and 98 yards.

“We knew what they were going to play defensively and you have to challenge them and win those battles on the outside,” Wimberley coach Doug Warren said. “We did that and were able to continually do that. I’m proud of the kids for battling, making some tough catches and of our quarterback for putting the ball right on the money.”

On defense, the Texans gave up chunks of yardage and a couple of long touchdowns in the first half, but they also made two interceptions and for the most part contained the Badgers after halftime. Following two third-quarter scores that pushed its lead to 38-14, the game for all intents and purposes was over and marked a nice bounceback for Wimberley from last week’s 21-3 loss to Cuero.

“We know that our nondistrict games are what prepare us for championship playoff games,” Warren said. “We play really good teams — like Lampasas — in nondistrict and I’m proud of our kids for raising their level. I think we took another step tonight — and to me that’s the growth of our team.”

More:Wimberley, hit with turnovers and penalties, falls to Cuero

Lampasas (1-2) opened the scoring with a 76-yard pass from Dylan Sanchez to Nate Borchardt on the game’s third play from scrimmage.

Wimberley (2-1) answered with McCollum’s 58-yard bomb to Dylan Kincaid, then took the lead later in the first quarter on Moses Wray’s 2-yard touchdown run.

Case Brister sprinted into the end zone from the 40 for Lampasas to tie the game at 14-14 midway through the second quarter, but McCollum’s 2-yard TD pass to Kincaid a short time later gave the Texans the lead for good.

McCollum’s scoring strikes to Juan Olmedo (45 yards) and Tru Couch (98 yards) in the third quarter put the game out of reach.

Brister — who ended with 136 yards on the ground — crossed the goal line from the 15 and Wray had a 51-yard TD jaunt to finish out the scoring in the fourth.

Sanchez threw for 259 yards and Borchardt ended with nine catches for 177 yards for the Badgers, who are still trying to find themselves after losing a talented senior class.

More:See which Austin-area high school football teams won in Week 2

“Wimberley came out with a great plan, executed it well and we didn’t,” Lampasas coach Troy Rogers said. “Turnovers and penalties will kill you and it’s hard to overcome those things. All you can do from games like this and opponents like this is get better from it. We’ll watch film, and hopefully we’re better next week.”

Couch had 133 yards receiving and Olmedo hauled in six passes for 85 yards to lead the Texans receivers.

Wray ended with 84 yards rushing.

statesman

ogg
09-12-2021, 01:34 PM
Badgers were a good team. Very good and large o-line, kept their qb clean most of the night and opened holes for the run.

Tejastrue
09-13-2021, 06:49 PM
Texans travel to Fredericksburg this week to take on the Battlin Billies. As far as injuries go we appear pretty healthy. Fred is (3-0) with wins over Gonzales (42-18), Tivy (44-27), and Sam Houston (56-6). I know it's still early in the season but these three teams have a combined record of 1-7. Tivy is not the Tivy of old. Sam Houston..well can't seem to get by the 1st round of the playoffs...ever. Gonzales is still finding its way. As for the Texans (2-1) they defeated Dripping Springs (20-3), lost to Cuero (21-3) and beat Lampasas (45-21). Combined record of these teams is (6-3). With that said, I'm sure Fredericksburg will be ready for this one and will be primed for an upset. Texans squeaked out a 21-20 win last year here in Wimberley. Was looking for J. Beard on the Fred. roster but was not there. Swore he was a jr last year. Talented family line of football players that wore the Billie uniform. He's the last one I think. Look for #10 Cole Immel (Sr) to lead the way at QB with a talented rb #12 Jesse Leija (Jr) averaging 12 yds per carry with over 500 total yds in 3 games. #4 Kade Jenske is another talent to keep an eye on. For Wimberley, rb Moses Wray should have another one of those stellar games as he did against a salty Cuero defense and I believe #2 Colby Gold will have a break out performance at WR. He's been injured and working his way back into the lineup. Code Red defense will be up for the challenge. Go Texans!

lbjacj
09-15-2021, 08:11 AM
Texans travel to Fredericksburg this week to take on the Battlin Billies. As far as injuries go we appear pretty healthy. Fred is (3-0) with wins over Gonzales (42-18), Tivy (44-27), and Sam Houston (56-6). I know it's still early in the season but these three teams have a combined record of 1-7. Tivy is not the Tivy of old. Sam Houston..well can't seem to get by the 1st round of the playoffs...ever. Gonzales is still finding its way. As for the Texans (2-1) they defeated Dripping Springs (20-3), lost to Cuero (21-3) and beat Lampasas (45-21). Combined record of these teams is (6-3). With that said, I'm sure Fredericksburg will be ready for this one and will be primed for an upset. Texans squeaked out a 21-20 win last year here in Wimberley. Was looking for J. Beard on the Fred. roster but was not there. Swore he was a jr last year. Talented family line of football players that wore the Billie uniform. He's the last one I think. Look for #10 Cole Immel (Sr) to lead the way at QB with a talented rb #12 Jesse Leija (Jr) averaging 12 yds per carry with over 500 total yds in 3 games. #4 Kade Jenske is another talent to keep an eye on. For Wimberley, rb Moses Wray should have another one of those stellar games as he did against a salty Cuero defense and I believe #2 Colby Gold will have a break out performance at WR. He's been injured and working his way back into the lineup. Code Red defense will be up for the challenge. Go Texans!

Who wrote this? Dripping Springs?

Tejastrue
09-15-2021, 12:24 PM
Texans defeated Canyon Lake 20-3. Not sure what happened there but I'm sure it was for your enjoyment.

ogg
09-15-2021, 02:49 PM

Billies were a below average team last year, they do have virtually all their starters back this year. Still, I'll be surprised if Wimbo doesn't run away with this game. Will Tyler suit up tomorrow?

stardog
09-15-2021, 04:26 PM
Last spring at 7 on 7 Fred person said the Beard kid had moved to Eastland (I think).

rb585
09-16-2021, 11:36 AM
Last spring at 7 on 7 Fred person said the Beard kid had moved to Eastland (I think).

https://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/judson-beard/43xeFaL_EeiAxKkkK9HIDg/football/stats.htm

Tejastrue
09-18-2021, 10:40 PM
So how did we do on Friday?

rb585
09-18-2021, 11:24 PM
So how did we do on Friday?

We beat Dripping Springs.

bag-o-chips
09-19-2021, 05:30 AM
Navarro says hey y'all!:wave:

ogg
09-19-2021, 02:47 PM
Miss those games.

Tejastrue
09-19-2021, 03:26 PM

Knew this would be the response. It is why I had to ask. I was there. It was a neutral field..in Fredericksburg. lol

Tejastrue
09-19-2021, 03:26 PM
Miss those games.

Yes indeed.

Tejastrue
09-19-2021, 03:27 PM
Navarro says hey y'all!:wave:

Go away. :wave:

SintonFan_inAustin
09-19-2021, 10:24 PM
When is the big matchup between yall?

Tejastrue
09-19-2021, 10:53 PM
10-22 in Wimberley

rb585
09-20-2021, 03:06 PM
When is the big matchup between yall?

Probably December 3rd or so.

Tejastrue
09-20-2021, 08:44 PM
Come on Dave Campbell. How does Wimberley beat an undefeated Fredericksburg team and drop 2 slots? Sleight of hand? lol But on the other hand.. kind of nice to see three Region 4 teams in the top 10 with Sinton lurking close behind I'm sure.

d0tc0m
09-21-2021, 10:17 AM
Come on Dave Campbell. How does Wimberley beat an undefeated Fredericksburg team and drop 2 slots? Sleight of hand? lol But on the other hand.. kind of nice to see three Region 4 teams in the top 10 with Sinton lurking close behind I'm sure.

I bet Sinton sneaks in there pretty soon.

rb585
09-21-2021, 03:57 PM

Van went from #9 to #7 by beating a winless Pittsburg team.

I can only assume Tepper thought they beat the Steelers.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-21-2021, 05:14 PM

Sinton drop out from #8 to #10 after losing to Miller in week 3 by 4 points and drop out now on a bye week while Miller move back into top 10 in 4a D1. But other than Miller, schedule has been weak this year which helps out with the injuries Sinton had now they can recover before district.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-21-2021, 05:19 PM
Good portion of Sinton team faced Navarro two years ago as sophomores and some were freshman, Sinton will be there challenging again with experience ball club this year. Wimberley, Navarro and Cuero good to see some representation on the rankings.

Tejastrue
09-21-2021, 07:31 PM

lol. Combined record of those 4 teams (4-12). No team with more than 2 wins. 0-4, 1-3, 1-3, 2-2

ogg
09-22-2021, 11:47 AM
Those rankings are always BS, Campbell's staff basically yawns and places their favorites where they want them. Caddo Mills (NR) over in R-2 is an example of that.....they would have to slay a dragon to be ranked.

d0tc0m
09-22-2021, 01:58 PM
Those rankings are always BS, Campbell's staff basically yawns and places their favorites where they want them. Caddo Mills (NR) over in R-2 is an example of that.....they would have to slay a dragon to be ranked.

Lol I mean ... Caddo Mill's schedule is suspect, especially if you try to put it up against the majority of what the rest of the Top 10 has played. Now, if the Foxes somehow beat Aubrey this week, and someone else in the top 10 slips up, they'll sneak into the rankings.

rb585
09-22-2021, 06:36 PM
They have this computer ranking that they tout...https://www.texasfootball.com/article/2021/09/22/comprehensive-texas-high-school-football-computer-rankings-week-5-2021?ref=article_preview_title

Caddo Mills is #16 in it, so I'm going to agree with d0tc0m.

Van is #14 and Wimberley is #9.

bag-o-chips
09-22-2021, 07:20 PM
So Wimberley#9 lays an Egg with Cuero#5. Navarro beats Cuero despite turning the ball over 6 times and gifting them 13 points. Basically holding the Gobs to 2 offensive tds. Navarro's loss is to Calhoun a 4aD1. So Navarro is #11. Ok got it!

Tejastrue
09-22-2021, 08:01 PM
Hard to do anything with turnovers if you have 14 penalties. We should know.

Tejastrue
09-22-2021, 08:25 PM
Texans (3-1) welcome 5A DII Alamo Heights (4-0) to Wimberley Friday night. The Mules are coming off a 38-21 win over the Canyon Lake Hawks. This game was tied at the half 14-14 with AH scoring 17 unanswered points in the 3rd. For the Texans, it was the Fredericksburg Billies that gave this match-up a similar feel. Texans led the Billies 14-13 at the half but held strong in the second, allowing a field goal while putting up 16. Word on AH is they run a similar offense to Wimberley and they have the numbers to keep fresh players on the field throughout the game. Going to be a tough challenge and yet a chance to make a statement. Looking forward to this one. I will be there. Go Texans!

bag-o-chips
09-23-2021, 05:48 AM
Hard to do anything with turnovers if you have 14 penalties. We should know.

Sounding like the Gobblers as that is all they could do. They were offsides many times and not called. So just because a team plays disciplined and does not commit penalties something is wrong? Flags are not thrown out tit for tat !

Besides Cuero had the game in the bag with 3 plus minutes left. Make 10 yards and a 1st down the game is over! Navarro had no timeouts! I guess on 3rd down the refs did not let Cuero block and lost 4 yards having to punt!

Nice try!

ogg
09-23-2021, 11:34 AM
So Wimberley#9 lays an Egg with Cuero#5. Navarro beats Cuero despite turning the ball over 6 times and gifting them 13 points. Basically holding the Gobs to 2 offensive tds. Navarro's loss is to Calhoun a 4aD1. So Navarro is #11. Ok got it!

Exactly, there's more love than science to it.

ogg
09-23-2021, 11:41 AM
Lol I mean ... Caddo Mill's schedule is suspect, especially if you try to put it up against the majority of what the rest of the Top 10 has played. Now, if the Foxes somehow beat Aubrey this week, and someone else in the top 10 slips up, they'll sneak into the rankings.

Same argument could be made with Bellville and they're what 6? Luckily Texas HSF has a bracket playoff system so rankings at the end of the day are pointless (tho funny), unlike the current college system.

Tejastrue
09-23-2021, 09:00 PM
Sounding like the Gobblers as that is all they could do. They were offsides many times and not called. So just because a team plays disciplined and does not commit penalties something is wrong? Flags are not thrown out tit for tat !

Besides Cuero had the game in the bag with 3 plus minutes left. Make 10 yards and a 1st down the game is over! Navarro had no timeouts! I guess on 3rd down the refs did not let Cuero block and lost 4 yards having to punt!

Nice try!

How did you arrive at this conclusional thought? "So just because a team plays disciplined and does not commit penalties something is wrong?" That scenario never even crossed my mind.

14 penalties and they should have had more? Wow, I guess you can find a penalty on just about every play if you look hard enough. Sure does really screw up the flow of a game. "tit for tat?" lol

rb585
09-24-2021, 11:18 PM
And we lost 7-0 to Alamo Heights.

Other than penalties, there were not a lot of things I'd be really angry about as a coach. D was great, and we understandably had trouble blocking their big D line. But yeah, waaaaaaaay too many penalties again.

Tejastrue
09-26-2021, 09:09 PM
So many "key" passes through the hands. The opportunities were there. Rotating quarterbacks. Did not care for it. Defense was awesome. Wimberley gets the next week off. I need the week to recover. lol. Go Texans!

Tejastrue
09-30-2021, 07:00 AM
From the Alamo Heights game. First drive for AH. No more slants over the middle after this play. Very first play from this Nathan Simpson highlight clip.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/8386254/6151e948a676ed0b38bd4522

Tejastrue
10-05-2021, 07:02 PM
Texans take on San Antonio's YMLA Lions (Young Men's Leadership Academy) on Friday to begin district play. This will be at Alamo Stadium. Game time 7:30. :sleeping::sleeping::sleeping:

Matthew328
10-05-2021, 07:24 PM
LOL well lets see Van is now 6-0 and owns a win over Lindale who just beat Tyler Chapel Hill...and they beat Liberty-Eyalu on the road which is a solid win....I think the win over Malakoff is solid as well..their 3 losses are to Grandview, private school powerhouse Parish Episcopal (who almost beat LBJ) and Van...

Bellville has destroyed everyone they've played this year...yes the schedule isn't great but they've done what is expected against top teams....

Wimberley before the loss to Alamo Heights honestly didnt have a super strong resume...Canyon Lake and Fredericksburg are decent D1 teams but I dont think either is a top ranked team..if anything Wimberley was getting a respect ranking before the Alamo Heights loss

The main reason Wimberley dropped after beating Fred was Navarro's win over Cuero...Navarro was unranked and had to vault Cuero who by default vaulted Wimberley...

Matthew328
10-05-2021, 07:28 PM
Same argument could be made with Bellville and they're what 6? Luckily Texas HSF has a bracket playoff system so rankings at the end of the day are pointless (tho funny), unlike the current college system.

The argument for Bellville over Caddo Mills is I think Bellville is flat out better....Padilla has Bellville as 15 point favorite over Caddo and Jerry has Bellville as a 17 point favorite over Caddo Mills so I think my eye test combined with both major computer rankings makes that plausible
By the way I do the the 4A rankings and Tepper and co review and make any changes suggestions they see fit...

I think in D2 they've been pretty solid rankings...D1 up until last week was super chalky as well

Tejastrue
10-06-2021, 08:07 PM
LOL well lets see Van is now 6-0 and owns a win over Lindale who just beat Tyler Chapel Hill...and they beat Liberty-Eyalu on the road which is a solid win....I think the win over Malakoff is solid as well..their 3 losses are to Grandview, private school powerhouse Parish Episcopal (who almost beat LBJ) and Van...

Bellville has destroyed everyone they've played this year...yes the schedule isn't great but they've done what is expected against top teams....

Wimberley before the loss to Alamo Heights honestly didnt have a super strong resume...Canyon Lake and Fredericksburg are decent D1 teams but I dont think either is a top ranked team..if anything Wimberley was getting a respect ranking before the Alamo Heights loss

The main reason Wimberley dropped after beating Fred was Navarro's win over Cuero...Navarro was unranked and had to vault Cuero who by default vaulted Wimberley...

Come on now. Chapel Hill has not been the same Chapel Hill for almost a decade. Maybe they are on the upward trend now. Malakof, Liberty Eyalu, ok..lol Alamo Heights, top 10 in 5A DII. Much respect was earned in that game in and around these parts. We shall see.

Matthew328
10-06-2021, 08:41 PM
Come on now. Chapel Hill has not been the same Chapel Hill for almost a decade. Maybe they are on the upward trend now. Malakof, Liberty Eyalu, ok..lol Alamo Heights, top 10 in 5A DII. Much respect was earned in that game in and around these parts. We shall see.

Tyler Chapel Hill was a 3rd round playoff team last year and brought back the house...they are absolutely legit and even with the loss to Lindale still rated highly in the D1 computer rankings.....Liberty-Eylau is definitely on the rise as well after totally turning things around a year ago Malakoff is a 3A but they are a legit 3A w/o question.

Alamo Heights is a solid team but lets not act like beating Boerne by 4, a BAD Churchill team (0-5 right now) by 8 or Central Catholic by 15 is that convincing a resume either....

I will say the computer rankings do favor Wimberley over Van so there's that....*********** (which we use at DCTF) has Wimberley as a 7 point favorite over Van on a neutral field.....Padilla has Wimberley as a 2 point favorite....so slight lean to the Texans there...

If Lindale gets things rolling Van will probably leapfrog Wimberley in the computer polls however....just depends on how those games play out

Tejastrue
10-06-2021, 09:05 PM
It's all about how these things play out. Was not I that ranks Alamo at #10. The 7 pts is what stands out for myself. By far the best (and biggest) team we have faced thus far. Maybe that lessens our standing as well in your eyes. Our issue of late is scoring points. Moving the ball but little to show for it. Once the QB situation is finally settled on, the Texans as a team will settle in as well.

Matthew328
10-06-2021, 09:21 PM
I actually thought Alamo Heights was too high myself at 10 but I got out-voted there..there's a serious lack of depth in 5A-D2 after the top five and after Champion got humbled by El Campo it opened up a spot....the loss to Alamo Heights did lessen Wimberley in my eyes more than the loss to Cuero honestly (the computers are split one has Cuero over AH by 3; the other has AH over Cuero by 4)

The thing about Wimberley is they may take major steps forward in the next few weeks but we'll have no gauge on how much improvement is made except for the Navarro game because the district is so bad

Van has a pretty soft district as well and I'll be surprised if they aren't 12-0 facing Gilmer in the regional semifinals

Tejastrue
10-07-2021, 07:57 PM
Just hold this to thought. Wimberley has a dozen or more players from the 2019 state championship game in addition to the deep run last year. Each team ended 12-4. It was not about the losses along way. Undefeated sells... I get that, Wimberley has two of those...Go Texans!

Tejastrue
10-08-2021, 05:07 PM
Texans take on San Antonio's YMLA Lions (Young Men's Leadership Academy) on Friday to begin district play. This will be at Alamo Stadium. Game time 7:30. :sleeping::sleeping::sleeping:

7:00 start time. My bad for going by another sites' start time. Go Texans!

Tejastrue
10-08-2021, 11:30 PM
77-7 final. Great omen!

Tejastrue
10-08-2021, 11:31 PM
Matt...come talk to me. :wave:

bag-o-chips
10-09-2021, 06:14 AM
Matt...come talk to me. :wave:

Why? For doing what the Texans should have done or giving up a TD to YMLA?

Tejastrue
10-09-2021, 09:33 AM
Not that this is your conversation, but it has nothing to do with the Wimberley game. Thanks for keeping up with my posts. Much appreciated.

Matthew328
10-10-2021, 08:43 AM
I'm here...don't get on the forums Thur-Sat much since I'm at games and traveling

Chapel Hill is still legit IMO but I'll admit Lindale beating them loses shine therefore Van's win over Lindale is lessened...

rb585
10-10-2021, 11:39 AM
77-7 final. Great omen!

Just thankful that we didn't get caught looking ahead to Manor New Tech!

SintonFan_inAustin
10-10-2021, 01:34 PM

One game at a T I M E...:cheerl:

Tejastrue
10-10-2021, 07:23 PM
I'm here...don't get on the forums Thur-Sat much since I'm at games and traveling

Chapel Hill is still legit IMO but I'll admit Lindale beating them loses shine therefore Van's win over Lindale is lessened...

You knew I was going to mess with you on that one, not to mention how close the Canyon Lake / LBJ game was...

https://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/high_school/scoreboard/?site=default&mkt=sanantonio&Season=2021&tpl=Boxscore&Sport=1&ID=378980&TeamID=5222&SearchType=Teams

Tejastrue
10-10-2021, 07:24 PM

lol...

Tejastrue
10-12-2021, 09:48 PM
Homecoming for Wimberley this Friday against Manor New Tech. Will also be honoring the 2005 and 2011 SC teams. Going to be a long night for a lot of folks.

Tejastrue
10-17-2021, 07:25 PM
70-8 final over Manor New Tech. I guess that puts their offense slightly ahead of YMLA and even Alamo Heights.

Up next...the Navarro Panthers!

Tejastrue
10-19-2021, 09:17 PM
For the District Crown..Wimberley (5-2) vs #8 Navarro (5-1) Friday 7:30 @ Texan Stadium.

bag-o-chips
10-20-2021, 08:38 AM
For the District Crown..Wimberley (5-2) vs #8 Navarro (5-1) Friday 7:30 @ Texan Stadium.

From the Seguin Gazette. Scot Kibbe's article

These teams have been in the same district since 2010 and in eight of those seasons, their meeting has determined the district champion. The series between the schools is knotted at 7-7 since 2010 and 9-9 overall.

The game is certain to determine the district champion again this year when the Panthers (5-1, 1-0) travel to Wimberley (5-2, 2-0) on Friday night.

The Panthers have won seven of the last eight regular season meetings with the Texans, but Wimberley has enjoyed the upper hand in the playoffs. In the last two seasons, Navarro has defeated the Texans to take the district title, but they have been blown out in rematches in the state quarterfinals.

d0tc0m
10-20-2021, 10:45 AM
From the Seguin Gazette. Scot Kibbe's article

These teams have been in the same district since 2010 and in eight of those seasons, their meeting has determined the district champion. The series between the schools is knotted at 7-7 since 2010 and 9-9 overall.

The game is certain to determine the district champion again this year when the Panthers (5-1, 1-0) travel to Wimberley (5-2, 2-0) on Friday night.

The Panthers have won seven of the last eight regular season meetings with the Texans, but Wimberley has enjoyed the upper hand in the playoffs. In the last two seasons, Navarro has defeated the Texans to take the district title, but they have been blown out in rematches in the state quarterfinals.

This one ought to be a good one yet again. Will there be a livestream for this matchup? Wouldn't mind watching this one!

bag-o-chips
10-20-2021, 10:54 AM
This one ought to be a good one yet again. Will there be a livestream for this matchup? Wouldn't mind watching this one!

Link is not up but Texas Sports Productions or KSAT 12 BGC app

d0tc0m
10-20-2021, 01:35 PM
Link is not up but Texas Sports Productions or KSAT 12 BGC app

Thank you, BoC!

Tejastrue
10-22-2021, 05:29 PM
GameDay. Go Texans!

rb585
10-22-2021, 11:39 PM
It's nice that we didn't wait till the Regional Finals to kick the crap out of them. 27-0.

Seems like we'd be pretty invincible without the ridiculous number of penalties every week.

We have the best kicker I've seen here in 22 years.

Tejastrue
10-23-2021, 06:32 PM
That was "Code Red" defense to perfection. It appeared that 49 yard fg had enough for 59. Uncharacteristic of Navarro were the 6 fumbles, granted none were turnovers. Team effort, that is for sure. The irony...YMLA and Manor New Tech scored more points. What's up boc....:wave:

https://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/high_school/scoreboard/?site=default&mkt=sanantonio&Season=2021&tpl=Boxscore&Sport=1&ID=379135&TeamID=5226&SearchType=Teams

Tejastrue
10-23-2021, 06:40 PM
Shout out to the Wimberley Tennis team, defeating Boerne for the Region 4 title. Congrats!

rb585
10-23-2021, 10:32 PM
It's nice to beat Navarro so badly that their fans can't even complain about officiating calls that are actually correct.

Also, could Matt teach Tepper and Ashley how to pronounce "Geronimo?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XebywqhMA-s

Tejastrue
10-24-2021, 10:02 AM
Yes, please tell both gim and ger. lol

Tejastrue
10-24-2021, 10:17 AM
https://www.expressnews.com/sports/high-school/article/Wimberley-shuts-out-Navarro-27-0-16556484.php

Tejastrue
10-26-2021, 11:02 AM
Well...what was to be an off week, it now looks like the Texans will be playing in Belton this Friday against 5A-II Grapevine (6-2, 5-0). Details coming soon.

Matthew328
10-26-2021, 05:32 PM
Well...what was to be an off week, it now looks like the Texans will be playing in Belton this Friday against 5A-II Grapevine (6-2, 5-0). Details coming soon.

You're welcome Wimberley lol

Game is now at Robinson

SintonFan_inAustin
10-26-2021, 06:08 PM
You're welcome Wimberley lol

Game is now at Robinson

Better, I'm going to that one. Would of been better if it was in Grapevine:)

Tejastrue
10-26-2021, 09:22 PM
Friday 7pm @ Waco Robinson High School. I liked Belton a lot better.

ogg
10-27-2021, 04:16 PM
I always loved the town of Grapevine, cool place. I've made that trip to Waco before for a games on Friday....it's a bear. I-35 sucks, 281 is slightly better.

Tejastrue
10-27-2021, 04:51 PM
Okay Matt...time to update the 4A-II R-4 playoff projections. lol

ogg
10-27-2021, 05:02 PM
https://www.expressnews.com/sports/high-school/article/Wimberley-shuts-out-Navarro-27-0-16556484.php

Blount: “Our defense played good, but we couldn’t get anything rolling on offense.” Wimbo's "Code Red" is underrated by many this year and a good D is a must deep in the playoffs. This is something missing in 2019. If the Texans can get their offense rolling and consistent they'll be hard to beat. Thoughts?

ogg
10-27-2021, 05:23 PM

Big game down in Cuero Friday, Smithville's a sleeper nobody talks about. Could shakeup the bottom right part of the bracket.

Matthew328
10-27-2021, 05:30 PM

https://www.texasfootball.com/article/2021/10/20/2021-txhsfb-playoff-projections-4a-division-ii?ref=article_preview_title

Tejastrue
10-27-2021, 06:38 PM
Look closer...:tisk:

Tejastrue
10-27-2021, 06:54 PM
Blount: “Our defense played good, but we couldn’t get anything rolling on offense.” Wimbo's "Code Red" is underrated by many this year and a good D is a must deep in the playoffs. This is something missing in 2019. If the Texans can get their offense rolling and consistent they'll be hard to beat. Thoughts?

Been high on this defense since day one. Offense still concerns me but just maybe they turned the corner a bit. Still did not have all of the OL in place last week. Interested to see the Grapevine game. I think we are going to make that dangerous journey through the I-35 abyss with just a hint of tollway.

Matthew328
10-27-2021, 07:58 PM
Look closer...:tisk:

Its fixed...was a user error

Tejastrue
10-27-2021, 08:07 PM
Just finished watching Wimberley JV (Texan Live) take apart Lake Travis JV (white) 36-7.

Tejastrue
10-27-2021, 08:52 PM
Its fixed...was a user error

lol...okay. Hey Matt, is Texan Live carrying the Grapevine game on such late notice? I know they are now showing the game on their line-up with a "7:30" start but....

Matthew328
10-27-2021, 09:00 PM
lol...okay. Hey Matt, is Texan Live carrying the Grapevine game on such late notice? I know they are now showing the game on their line-up with a "7:30" start but....

I believe so

Tejastrue
10-27-2021, 09:40 PM
Too late for the "Official" Dave Campbell predictions...who you got in this one? :thinking:

Matthew328
10-28-2021, 06:21 AM
Too late for the "Official" Dave Campbell predictions...who you got in this one? :thinking:

No idea....too many variables on how the teams approach the game...a non-district game this late in the year is really dicey because you dont want to get anyone hurt or show too much before the playoffs....I lean to Wimberley because I think Grapevine is fairly average as a 5A-D2

rb585
10-28-2021, 11:50 AM
Big game down in Cuero Friday, Smithville's a sleeper nobody talks about. Could shakeup the bottom right part of the bracket.

I'm happy to see Smithville turning their program around, but they are not going to beat Cuero.

Tejastrue
10-28-2021, 09:44 PM
Once again, a shout out to the Wimberley Tennis team, headed to State after defeating Wills Point. They will face Argyle for the title. Go Texans!

sinfan75
10-28-2021, 09:55 PM
Once again, a shout out to the Wimberley Tennis team, headed to State after defeating Wills Point. They will face Argyle for the title. Go Texans!

thought Tennis was played in the spring. Was last year

bag-o-chips
10-29-2021, 07:49 AM
thought Tennis was played in the spring. Was last year

It is Team Tennis and played in the Fall. Spring is individual

rb585
10-29-2021, 08:29 PM
delete

rb585
10-29-2021, 09:38 PM
35-17 Texans after GHS scores two TDs late in 4th.

Grapevine not very good and not nearly as big as Alamo Heights. That might be as well as we've run the ball all season.

Olmeido played incredible on D. They couldn't hit #4 on the fly pattern to save their lives in the first half. McCollum knocked out of the game with a hurt knee (?). Looked kind of bad, but he was walking out on the handshake line with no noticeable limp or huge wrap.

Tejastrue
10-31-2021, 07:26 PM
Not a knee. Left arm? Check Maxpreps. A little over a minute into the Grapevine highlights. Hope he is okay.

Could not forget. Congrats to the Wimberley Team Tennis. State Champs by defeating Argyle!

Tejastrue
10-31-2021, 08:01 PM
Tyler Chapel Hill was a 3rd round playoff team last year and brought back the house...they are absolutely legit and even with the loss to Lindale still rated highly in the D1 computer rankings.....Liberty-Eylau is definitely on the rise as well after totally turning things around a year ago Malakoff is a 3A but they are a legit 3A w/o question.

Alamo Heights is a solid team but lets not act like beating Boerne by 4, a BAD Churchill team (0-5 right now) by 8 or Central Catholic by 15 is that convincing a resume either....

I will say the computer rankings do favor Wimberley over Van so there's that....*********** (which we use at DCTF) has Wimberley as a 7 point favorite over Van on a neutral field.....Padilla has Wimberley as a 2 point favorite....so slight lean to the Texans there...

If Lindale gets things rolling Van will probably leapfrog Wimberley in the computer polls however....just depends on how those games play out

Did I see that correctly? 54 pts given up by Van?

d0tc0m
11-01-2021, 10:50 AM
Did I see that correctly? 54 pts given up by Van?

Yes. Van beat their big rival Canton, 55-54. Canton had a last-second field goal attempt hit off the upright.

With Celina having a bye week last week, and without too many big games that appealed to me, I actually watched this game (have cousins/distant relatives from Canton). It was pretty entertaining. Giving up 54 points is alarming, but I will say this, Canton has some good looking athletes and speed. If the Eagles can put a few things together, they could give their District 8 playoff opponent fits in the first round of the playoffs.

As for Van, they seemed to be a minor defensive adjustment away from putting the game away, but they just never could make it. Don't know if it was on the coaches or the kids, in all honesty, but Canton took note of it, and a disproportionate amount of their big plays/scores came on a particular offensive set and a handful of plays out of that set.

On the flip side, Van's QB Jackson Rainey is for real. Kid was very impressive to me. Has a cannon arm and a ton of speed. Appears to have a good feel for when he needs to take over a game, too. If not for what I think is a nearly complete Gilmer team in Region II, Van would be my clear cut favorite to make it to the semifinals. I'm not sure the Vandals have the defense to really go toe-to-toe with the Buckeyes. But if things break right, Rainey is good enough to trade blows with Gilmer for 2-3 quarters.

Tejastrue
11-01-2021, 09:26 PM
Congrats to the Lady Texans Volleyball. They defeated Cuero tonight 3-0 to take Bi-District.

Tejastrue
11-02-2021, 07:33 PM
Final district game 7:30 Friday, at home. Polar Bears of Austin Achieve (2-7) make their way to the "frozen tundra of Texan Field". Okay, it will be cooler, upper 50s by game time. Bears will feel like they just played the Green Bay Packers after this one. Senior Night. DCTF's has the Texans favored by 99. Any wagers?

rb585
11-03-2021, 03:44 PM
Final district game 7:30 Friday, at home. Polar Bears of Austin Achieve (2-7) make their way to the "frozen tundra of Texan Field". Okay, it will be cooler, upper 50s by game time. Bears will feel like they just played the Green Bay Packers after this one. Senior Night. DCTF's has the Texans favored by 99. Any wagers?

I'll take the Bearz and 99, because our coaches won't do that.

rb585
11-03-2021, 07:14 PM
I was trying to figure out who the playoff opponent would be, assuming we get by Achieve, and it looks like a mess.

Cuero is going to win D13, but I would not be the slightest bit surprised if La Grange beats Smithville, which would likely leave LG, Smithville, and Navasota all tied at 3-2, and I have no idea who the tie-breakers would favor.

Matthew328
11-03-2021, 07:28 PM
I was trying to figure out who the playoff opponent would be, assuming we get by Achieve, and it looks like a mess.

Cuero is going to win D13, but I would not be the slightest bit surprised if La Grange beats Smithville, which would likely leave LG, Smithville, and Navasota all tied at 3-2, and I have no idea who the tie-breakers would favor.

It's a 17 net point system...basically if LaGrange or Giddings wins Friday it could get weird

rb585
11-04-2021, 01:04 PM
It's a 17 net point system...basically if LaGrange or Giddings wins Friday it could get weird

Do they use that to break a 3-way tie, then go to head-to-head for the two remaining teams? Or do you order all three teams by net points and rank them that way?

Tejastrue
11-04-2021, 07:53 PM
Lady Texans Volleyball defeat Sinton tonight 3-0 to take area. Congrats!

rb585
11-05-2021, 10:18 PM
I couldn't watch that. It was 21-0 when I turned it off, and we had run 4 offensive plays, and they had no plays for positive yardage.

We either get LaGrange or Navasota, depending on how that tie-break works.

Edit: Apparently LaGrange, according to AAS guy on twitter:

Cuero v. YMLA; Smithville v. New Tech; Navasota v. Ger. Navarro; La Grange v. Wimberley

Pudlugger
11-05-2021, 11:11 PM
I couldn't watch that. It was 21-0 when I turned it off, and we had run 4 offensive plays, and they had no plays for positive yardage.

We either get LaGrange or Navasota, depending on how that tie-break works.

Edit: Apparently LaGrange, according to AAS guy on twitter:

Cuero v. YMLA; Smithville v. New Tech; Navasota v. Ger. Navarro; La Grange v. Wimberley

It is a 3 way tie for 2nd in D13 so it goes to points: Smithville 2nd LG 3rd and Navasota 4th

Tejastrue
11-06-2021, 07:12 AM
Wimberley vs. Navasota. THURSDAY 7:30 in Bastrop.

Pudlugger
11-06-2021, 11:07 AM
Max Preps has LG 2nd playing @ Manor New Tech next Thur 7PM. I have no other confirmation on how this was decided or if it is correct. Stay tuned folks.

Pudlugger
11-06-2021, 03:39 PM
Max Preps has LG 2nd playing @ Manor New Tech next Thur 7PM. I have no other confirmation on how this was decided or if it is correct. Stay tuned folks.

OK Confirmed by Austin American Statesman article that has the story today of La Grange edging out Smithville for 2nd place in district on points with a td and 2 point conversion with 3 seconds left on clock. So for D13 its Cuero, LG, Smithville, and Navasota.

Pudlugger
11-06-2021, 07:16 PM
Wimberley vs. Navasota. THURSDAY 7:30 in Bastrop.

Wimberley should win this one by three tds or so but Navasota is not your typical roll over 4th place team. Their QB can really sling the ball and he has a couple of tall fast receivers capable of getting clear deep. In other words they will score some points. It doesn't help that the Texans haven't played a competitive team in a few weeks either. This should be a good game but the Texans should roll away with it in the 2nd half.

Tejastrue
11-06-2021, 07:28 PM
5A Grapevine?

Pudlugger
11-06-2021, 08:15 PM
5A Grapevine?

Yes you're correct I should have looked a little closer to your team's schedule! Pretty good strength when you drop out the two little fellas from your district. Like I say Texans win by 3 tds.

Pudlugger
11-07-2021, 11:59 AM

Game time and place correction: Thursday 11/11 7:30 PM @ Taylor Stadium Taylor Manor New Tech vs La Grange according to DCTF

ogg
11-07-2021, 01:17 PM
5A Grapevine?

Grapevine beatdown Wyatt 86-6 last Friday. They mad? LOL

Tejastrue
11-07-2021, 06:34 PM
They should have been. lol

rb585
11-10-2021, 08:04 PM
So this game is not on TexanLive?

Tejastrue
11-10-2021, 09:04 PM
NFHS for playoffs

https://www.nfhsnetwork.com/events/bastrop-independent-school-district-bastrop-tx/gam72015146f3

rb585
11-10-2021, 09:54 PM
NFHS for playoffs

https://www.nfhsnetwork.com/events/bastrop-independent-school-district-bastrop-tx/gam72015146f3

Usually TexanLive just picks up the NFHS broadcast.

rb585
11-10-2021, 09:54 PM
BTW, this game is at the Cedar Creek stadium, not the one in Bastrop proper, correct?

Tejastrue
11-10-2021, 10:37 PM
Yes...Bastrop Memorial

Tejastrue
11-10-2021, 10:39 PM

I was hoping so because I'm already paid up for the month.

Tejastrue
11-11-2021, 08:05 AM
Game Day. Go Texans!

lbjacj
11-11-2021, 09:27 AM

I got a response to my email question if Texan Live would have the game tonight. They said it would be on their lineup by tomorrow's game! I responded back telling them the game is not tomorrow but tonight! Still waiting for their answer.
If anyone would like to contact them their email address is <texanlive@texasfootball.com> or <jesse.wolf@texasfootball.com>

rb585
11-11-2021, 01:58 PM
I got a response to my email question if Texan Live would have the game tonight. They said it would be on their lineup by tomorrow's game! I responded back telling them the game is not tomorrow but tonight! Still waiting for their answer.
If anyone would like to contact them their email address is <texanlive@texasfootball.com> or <jesse.wolf@texasfootball.com>

It's not on DCTF's list: https://www.texasfootball.com/article/2021/11/15/dave-campbell-s-texanlive-watch-guide-list-of-games-to-watch-for-bi-district?ref=article_preview_title

I found this on twitter: https://twitter.com/Texan_Live/status/1457793112370139137
But when you click the link, you get "Page Not Found."

DCTF really needs to hire one more person whose sole job is making sure links/schedules, etc, are updated, because they are frequently unreliable.

lbjacj
11-11-2021, 04:23 PM
It's on NFHS

Leopardfan201
11-11-2021, 06:19 PM
La grange big over Manor New Tech just to much speed

rb585
11-11-2021, 06:27 PM
La grange big over Manor New Tech just to much speed

New Tech 76, La Grange 0 Bet the house.

Leopardfan201
11-11-2021, 06:31 PM
Well see but Manor New Tech wouldn't even make the playoffs in our district

Tejastrue
11-11-2021, 08:12 PM
lol...long time

Tejastrue
11-11-2021, 08:34 PM
It's on NFHS

and it's not even working. lol

lbjacj
11-11-2021, 08:50 PM
and it's not even working. lol

This event is produced by an automated camera that is experiencing technical difficulties. We are working to resolve the issue and we appreciate your patience.

Yes and I’m pissed! Click support and ask for a refund. They will consider it!

Your refund request has been submitted, ticket #********

An agent will respond via email with our decision.

Tejastrue
11-11-2021, 08:56 PM
Robo events..gotta love it.

Tejastrue
11-11-2021, 10:12 PM
At least I got a refund...but with no explanation.

rb585
11-12-2021, 12:24 AM
I've dealt with NFHS enough to know better than that.

We played about as well as a high school team can play. Defense was fantastic. They couldn't tackle Moses and acted like they didn't want to. I don't think any of our TD drives were longer than 3 minutes. Bruner's one punt before the game got out of hand went 65 yards, and most of his KO's were touchbacks.

rb585
11-12-2021, 12:41 AM
Moses had 151 yards and 3 TDs on FIVE carries.

Pudlugger
11-12-2021, 10:05 AM
Very impressive win for the Texans. Navasota was not a pushover team at least not earlier in the season when we played them. But they obviously were no match for Wimberley. Texans are standing tall in Region IV. Congratulations.

rb585
11-13-2021, 11:57 AM
Wimberley vs Ingleside
Gustafson Stadium
San Antonio

99IHSMustang
11-13-2021, 07:14 PM
Ingleside has struggled against its two best opponents. Both were loses. Wimberley is legit and it’s going to be a rough game for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SintonFan_inAustin
11-13-2021, 08:38 PM
I remember seeing that kid Wray in a scrimmage in Wimberley few years ago and he's still there lol, big bruising rb with some speed. Looks like Wimberley was just waiting for regular season to finish and start showing what they showed the past two seasons in playoffs. That was a big statement whipping on Navasota.

Yea Ingleside has struggle against Rockport and Sinton but hang in there for i believe a half with Rockport and for 3 qtrs with Sinton before things came undone. Tough one for Ingleside.

Who ended up being QB for Texans?

lbjacj
11-14-2021, 12:22 AM
I remember seeing that kid Wray in a scrimmage in Wimberley few years ago and he's still there lol, big bruising rb with some speed. Looks like Wimberley was just waiting for regular season to finish and start showing what they showed the past two seasons in playoffs. That was a big statement whipping on Navasota.

Yea Ingleside has struggle against Rockport and Sinton but hang in there for i believe a half with Rockport and for 3 qtrs with Sinton before things came undone. Tough one for Ingleside.

Who ended up being QB for Texans?

Cash is the starter when healthy. Ross plays backup QB and several other positions.

Tejastrue
11-14-2021, 09:09 PM
Yes...Cash. Ross is very talented and a versatile player. Great to see him getting reps in multiple positions on both sides of the ball.

Tejastrue
11-15-2021, 09:23 PM
Wimberley's Nathan Simpson on the list..

https://www.texasfootball.com/static-page/form/?url=whataburger-super-team

Tejastrue
11-16-2021, 07:15 PM
NFHS is set to stream Wimberley vs Ingleside. Oh the build-up to game time. Oh the drama. Will the "auto camera" rear its ugly lens again? No worries. Gonna make this one. Go Texans!

lbjacj
11-16-2021, 11:12 PM
NFHS is set to stream Wimberley vs Ingleside. Oh the build-up to game time. Oh the drama. Will the "auto camera" rear its ugly lens again? No worries. Gonna make this one. Go Texans!

Not what I’m seeing……..

https://www.texanlive.com/video/6192908670cbdb00015dc695

Tejastrue
11-17-2021, 07:20 AM
Look harder....

https://www.nfhsnetwork.com/events/uil/gamac11eea700 (https://www.nfhsnetwork.com/events/uil/gamac11eea700)

Tejastrue
11-17-2021, 05:57 PM
It's happening!! Go Texans!!

Just click on the link.

(https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FEbL4IFWQAA5GX8?format=jpg&name=large)

Tejastrue
11-19-2021, 06:48 PM
Go Texans!!

Tejastrue
11-20-2021, 08:53 AM
Wimberley defeats Ingleside 66-0. Looks like we had more points than the Mustangs had total yards. The annoying issue is we had 11 penalties.

https://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/high_school/scoreboard/?site=default&mkt=sanantonio&Season=2021&tpl=Boxscore&Sport=1&ID=386664&TeamID=5226&SearchType=Teams

99IHSMustang
11-20-2021, 02:30 PM
Wimberley defeats Ingleside 66-0. Looks like we had more points than the Mustangs had total yards. The annoying issue is we had 11 penalties.

https://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/high_school/scoreboard/?site=default&mkt=sanantonio&Season=2021&tpl=Boxscore&Sport=1&ID=386664&TeamID=5226&SearchType=Teams

Wow. Congrats on the Win. Good luck the rest of the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tejastrue
11-22-2021, 09:24 PM
Appreciate that. Gonna be a good one on Friday.

Tejastrue
12-08-2021, 10:18 PM
Well.... Wimberley bowed out sooner than I had hoped (thank you Cuero) but all in all it was another great/successful season for the Texans. Losing quite a few to graduation but the Freshman and JV teams are loaded so next season should be a reload instead of a rebuild. Sophomore QB played as well as could be expected and to be honest, exceeded expectations. Looking forward to it already but for now it's time to sit back and enjoy the 2021 State Semifinals on Friday. So love this time of year. Best of luck Cuero. Will be pulling for you guys!