PDA

View Full Version : SWEETWATER MUSTANGS

mustang04
10-22-2003, 09:11 PM
with the injury of our QB Reid Bishop, we are now finishing the season w/ junior Jeremy Thompson. We have josh Jackson back from his ankle injury he received during our game versus Greenwood. our secondary is stepping it up and our defense is looking great! We are now 2-0 in district playing Lamesa in two days. i think we will do good just as good as last year if not better, we just need to work harder each week, and i think that we have proven that we didnt loose the team after mychael carillo and jack squires graduated, i think it just gave the rest opportunities to step up and they have. what do yall think about the 2003 Sweetwater Mustangs?

wildstangs
10-22-2003, 09:13 PM
Will Reid be back at all this season? Jeremy is very talented and I have been very impressed with him this year. Carrillo and Squires were great, but they were by no means the entire team last year.

22Mustang
10-22-2003, 09:25 PM
Reid will be out the rest of the season, adn all of basketball. He may be able to come back for some of baseball.. that will just depend on how his recovery is.

mustang04
10-22-2003, 09:25 PM
No..Reid is out the rest of the season, and he was very disappointed along w/ me and all the other players and coaches and parents to hear that, but its all part of the game i guess. jeremy is very talented and i hope that he keeps maturing at the pace he is, mentally that is

Ranger Mom
10-23-2003, 08:51 AM
I am very impressed with the injuries to key players that the Mustangs have been able to step it up as they have.

That says alot for teamwork and good coaching!!

I feel for the Bishop kid...this is his senior year, isn't it??

heck
10-23-2003, 11:03 AM
Yes this is his senior year. He is out until March '04. Terrible when a kid gets hurt but its even worse when its his/her sr. year.

I have to admit that a lot of players have stepped it up. But to be truthful, Sweetwater hasn't been full speed since the first half of the Greenwood game. And last week, the flu bug went through and kept several starters from playing or traveling to the game in Denver City.

MASH4077
10-23-2003, 12:42 PM
Sorry to here that. We(Decatur) were rocking along thru 6 games without losing a player until last friday when we lost an offensive and defensive starter on the same play! both were on Kick-off return when almost at the same time one tore his ACL and the other tore his rotator cup and broke his collar bone. Both are gone for the season. what kind of injury did bishop have?

heck
10-23-2003, 01:07 PM
Bishop's injury was an ACL.

jason
10-23-2003, 01:08 PM
where is sweetwater located?

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-23-2003, 01:57 PM
Yes sorry to hear that. Vernon had a LB last year tear his acl in practice and missed the entire year of sports. He is a senior this year and tore the other one in practice two weeks ago. But it didn't tear all the way and he is wearing a brace and playing Friday. I hope it holds out for him.

baddude
10-23-2003, 03:09 PM
despite all the injuries and illnesses we have faced the last couple of weeks we are still holding strong. Jeremy Thompson has done a great job filling in the spot for bishop. also at the beginning of the season, our secondary was rather weak but as the seaon went on we finally rose to the occasion. i wish everyone around the state have a injurieless night tomorrow and good luck to all.

wildstangs
10-23-2003, 06:28 PM
jason:
where is sweetwater located?We are 40 miles west of Abilene on I20.

Comfortable Hemorrhage
10-23-2003, 08:05 PM
Mash, who were the starters that were injured?

MASH4077
10-23-2003, 08:12 PM
Jake Hayes wr rotator cuff.......Jarrod spence lb ACL