PDA

View Full Version : Carthage Bulldogs vs. Wimberley Texans

oldtownag
12-08-2020, 11:11 AM
Bulldogs continue to roll!

Tejastrue
12-09-2020, 07:21 PM
Thanks for posting the poll oldtownag. Carthage is an outstanding program. How can anyone who follows HS football not know this? They have the pedigree and of course the trophies. The boys here in Wimberley believe, so who am I to question it. From most of the Carthage posters online there is a definite lack of respect for Wimberley and the Texans are just another cockroach to be crushed. I call it the Mohamed Ali syndrome. lol We have the key players to make this a game. Don't let us hang around.

lostaussie
12-09-2020, 09:37 PM
Thanks for posting the poll oldtownag. Carthage is an outstanding program. How can anyone who follows HS football not know this? They have the pedigree and of course the trophies. The boys here in Wimberley believe, so who am I to question it. From most of the Carthage posters online there is a definite lack of respect for Wimberley and the Texans are just another cockroach to be crushed. I call it the Mohamed Ali syndrome. lol We have the key players to make this a game. Don't let us hang around.

Good luck to your kids. I have always wanted a Wimberley/Gilmer matchup as I like to play new teams and especially teams with great history. Unfortunately I don't think that this is the year.

oldtownag
12-10-2020, 11:39 AM
I am most concerned with the deep pass from Wimberley. If Carthage shuts that down it's going to be a long night for the Texans.

ctown81
12-10-2020, 01:13 PM

The fans may show a lack of respect but I promise the players have much respect for the Texans.

Saggy Aggie
12-10-2020, 01:58 PM

Unfortunately, you are just another cockroach waiting to be crushed. Dawgs by 30

Tejastrue
12-10-2020, 07:13 PM
Geez, you again. Remind me which HS team you support?

Tejastrue
12-10-2020, 07:14 PM
The fans may show a lack of respect but I promise the players have much respect for the Texans.

I believe that and it trickles down from the coaching staff.

Tejastrue
12-10-2020, 07:27 PM
I am most concerned with the deep pass from Wimberley. If Carthage shuts that down it's going to be a long night for the Texans.

We have 4 guys, all that are great route runners with outstanding hands There is a 5th guy, back from an injury (2nd week) that was an All- State receiver and State finalist in hurdles last year. How much of a factor after the long layoff..I guess we'll find out soon enough. I have to agree. Shut that down and it will be a long night. Still, I believe we have enough of a running threat to keep Carthage honest. Actually looking forward to this match-up.

cowboyandchrist
12-10-2020, 08:10 PM
There is no lack of respect for the Texans from Carthage fans. Our score predictions is because the Dawgs has played the very best in 4A DII and have dominated each one. If the Texans can keep the game close, you will hear all Carthage fans give congratulations. The Dawgs D is the best in all of 4A.

lostaussie
12-10-2020, 08:36 PM
We have 4 guys, all that are great route runners with outstanding hands There is a 5th guy, back from an injury (2nd week) that was an All- State receiver and State finalist in hurdles last year. How much of a factor after the long layoff..I guess we'll find out soon enough. I have to agree. Shut that down and it will be a long night. Still, I believe we have enough of a running threat to keep Carthage honest. Actually looking forward to this match-up.

I actually want to pull for the underdogs and deep down I really do. I would also like to tell Wimberley they have a chance.......but they don't. I've seen yall and I've seen them multiple times this year. Congrats on the semis. Ill probably think the same thing next week but be a little more silent about it. It is what it is.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-10-2020, 08:40 PM
and All Time Rec Yards/// All Time Rec TDs for Texans....Seems it gave the rest of wr group a chance to step up when he went down. He's a to the house wr. He also plays D?

Tejastrue
12-10-2020, 08:46 PM
Yes.

cowboyandchrist
12-10-2020, 09:02 PM
and All Time Rec Yards/// All Time Rec TDs for Texans....Seems it gave the rest of wr group a chance to step up when he went down. He's a to the house wr. He also plays D?

Dawgs have 23 interceptions in 12 games

Tejastrue
12-10-2020, 09:16 PM
Against one true spread offense..Gilmer? Am I right? That was early in the season.

Saggy Aggie
12-11-2020, 01:00 AM
Geez, you again. Remind me which HS team you support?

Dawgs by 40

cowboyandchrist
12-11-2020, 08:44 AM
It was Gilmers 5th game of the season and Carthage second. I believe the Dawgs intercepted 5 passes in that game.
The Gilmer QB was running for his life and got hit many times behind the line of scrimmage.

Snotbubbles
12-11-2020, 08:44 AM
All the talk about deep threats by Wimberley has me scratching my head. They are the best screen pass team too. Started under Nelms and continues under Warren. Best weapon against that potent fast pass rush that will be coming by Carthage. They will run it all across the field.

Carthage by far the better team here. We all know that. Hell, they earned this respect for decades. Best program in the state, year in and year out IMO. You can't be a high school fan and not be in awe of this stud program. Gilmer not far behind.

This said, Carthage very well can win by fifty. More than likely they will. But, if Wimberley can hit these screen passes early, slow that pass rush and then allow the QB to have a chance in the pocket, it could be interesting. I said "could be".

YTBulldogs
12-11-2020, 08:49 AM
Nelms, hell of a coach. Yes, instituted the screen pass, like Liberty Hill did the slot T. You never knew where it was going to be formed at, but---you just knew it was coming.

d0tc0m
12-11-2020, 09:03 AM
Maybe Wimberley can have success a time or two with those screens. But Carthage's LB corps is something else. It won't work more than a time or two.

Like everyone not in red-and-white, I'm pulling for you, Wimberley! It would be one of the biggest upsets in HS football in my lifetime.

lostaussie
12-11-2020, 10:04 AM
All the talk about deep threats by Wimberley has me scratching my head. They are the best screen pass team too. Started under Nelms and continues under Warren. Best weapon against that potent fast pass rush that will be coming by Carthage. They will run it all across the field.

Carthage by far the better team here. We all know that. Hell, they earned this respect for decades. Best program in the state, year in and year out IMO. You can't be a high school fan and not be in awe of this stud program. Gilmer not far behind.

This said, Carthage very well can win by fifty. More than likely they will. But, if Wimberley can hit these screen passes early, slow that pass rush and then allow the QB to have a chance in the pocket, it could be interesting. I said "could be".

Thanks for the kind words.

ogg
12-11-2020, 01:40 PM

Agree. Wimbo just needs to do what they do and play a clean game....few mistakes. If so they have a shot.

ogg
12-11-2020, 01:44 PM
Nelms, hell of a coach. Yes, instituted the screen pass, like Liberty Hill did the slot T. You never knew where it was going to be formed at, but---you just knew it was coming.

Yup, and not just the screen but the "back side screen"....would tear the heart out of fast aggressive defenses.

Tejastrue
12-11-2020, 02:50 PM

One guy from Carthage mentioned deep threat. All that talk?

cowboyandchrist
12-11-2020, 04:36 PM
Yup, and not just the screen but the "back side screen"....would tear the heart out of fast aggressive defenses.

The pressure comes from the D line, they have been in the backfield against every opponent so far leaving the linebackers free to make plays on passes or runs.

Saggy Aggie
12-11-2020, 11:21 PM
Unfortunately, you are just another cockroach waiting to be crushed. Dawgs by 30

I was close. Good season Texans

Tejastrue
12-12-2020, 12:07 PM
Congrats to Carthage on the win. Defense, certainly as advertised. Still befuddled why you guys went for it on 4th (early 1st qtr) deep in Carthage territory. A TD by the Texans there, well who knows. Won't deny I was fired up after the Texan TD and successful onside kick early in 3rd. Obviously, it was not to be. Best of luck next week. Should be a good one. Will be watching and see you guys next year!