PDA

View Full Version : Carthage Dawgs versus wimberly Texans

cowboyandchrist
12-07-2020, 09:50 PM
The Dawg defense has shut down every team they have faced this year, allowing 6.6 points a game. The starters have only allowed 14 points since the second week of October.
The Dawg offense had almost 600 yards last week. They pass and run equally well.
Don’t know much about Wimberly, but to make it to the semifinals, you have to be a good football team.
I would like to hear what some of the Wimberly people can tell me about their team.

Tejastrue
12-08-2020, 12:20 AM
You can start by spelling our name correctly.

oldtownag
12-08-2020, 07:55 AM
He didn't capitalize Wimberley either. Total lack of respect.

cowboyandchrist
12-08-2020, 08:22 AM
My apologies, Wimberley.
I did not mean to disrespect, but can see how it looked that.
I would like to hear from the Wimberley posters on what their team brings to the table.

jason
12-08-2020, 09:04 AM
Pigskin Prep has Carthage as an 18 point favorite...

ctown81
12-08-2020, 09:54 AM
He didn't capitalize Wimberley either. Total lack of respect.

How can you throw C&C under the bus like that?

movethechain
12-08-2020, 10:35 AM
My apologies, Wimberley.
I did not mean to disrespect, but can see how it looked that.
I would like to hear from the Wimberley posters on what their team brings to the table.

Spellcheckers and Grammar Police, for a couple things?

oldtownag
12-08-2020, 11:08 AM
How can you throw C&C under the bus like that?

Its not hard. He tee's it up!

ctown81
12-08-2020, 11:51 AM
Pigskin Prep has Carthage as an 18 point favorite...

I'm really disappointed that the Ville did not make a bigger splash in 4a after the drop down. When Carthage lost in the semis to El Campo, I just knew these two would meet in a title game eventually. How are yall looking for next year?

cowboyandchrist
12-08-2020, 12:37 PM
Last post on this site.
Dawgs 45
Wimberley score 7 on the back ups.

LHdog
12-08-2020, 02:26 PM
I've seen both teams play. It could get ugly for the Texans.

oldtownag
12-08-2020, 03:23 PM
Last post on this site.
Dawgs 45

Tease.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-08-2020, 04:20 PM
Carthage Bulldogs

2008, 2009, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019

7 X State Football Champs

Holy #@WR and that's not even over program history that's over 12 years!!

Wimberley has couple of receivers that make some great catches and find ways to get open for a very good qb and notice numbers posted on Carthage defense. For it to be a game this will be the matchup most important imo.
Backing Region IV to win, Good luck Texans.

d0tc0m
12-08-2020, 09:24 PM
I have no doubt Carthage will start the 2021 season ranked No. 1 in Div. II ... as they should.

But what will the Dawgs actually bring back next year? Just curious.

lostaussie
12-08-2020, 09:53 PM
I have no doubt Carthage will start the 2021 season ranked No. 1 in Div. II ... as they should.

But what will the Dawgs actually bring back next year? Just curious.

They ain't sure. They have to go get them first.

cowboyandchrist
12-08-2020, 10:13 PM
The Dawgs bring back 9 on defense 4 or 5 on offense. 1 lineman and 3 wide receivers.
The defense brings back all three linebackers. Number 5 according to people in Carthage is the best linebacker we have ever had.
They loose safety and D lineman.
That was stated last Friday night by the Kgas radio announcers.

oldtownag
12-08-2020, 10:27 PM
I knew it!

d0tc0m
12-09-2020, 09:06 AM
The Dawgs bring back 9 on defense 4 or 5 on offense. 1 lineman and 3 wide receivers.
The defense brings back all three linebackers. Number 5 according to people in Carthage is the best linebacker we have ever had.
They loose safety and D lineman.
That was stated last Friday night by the Kgas radio announcers.

Thanks C&C. Those d-linemen will be very tough to replace. But that trio of LBs coming back will ease the transition. I'm sure Carthage will find guys to fill those spots.

Replacing Horton and Courtney, however, will be a much taller task.

lostaussie
12-09-2020, 10:08 AM

I told you. Got to go out into the surrounding communities and get some of them offensive and defensive linemen.

cowboyandchrist
12-09-2020, 02:09 PM
They have three D linemen coming back and number 80 has played in every ball game with the starters.
The offense will be in good hands with this years back up.
He throws ball really well and he is very fast. Will be the first time to have a dual threat QB.
Have some very talented linemen coming up from the JV and the sophomore class.
Running backs are what I am not sure about. The 3 receivers coming back can fly with good hands. The sophomore receiver according to Surratt is the fastest guy on the team.
The defense has a chance to be better in 2021.

d0tc0m
12-09-2020, 02:59 PM
They have three D linemen coming back and number 80 has played in every ball game with the starters.
The offense will be in good hands with this years back up.
He throws ball really well and he is very fast. Will be the first time to have a dual threat QB.
Have some very talented linemen coming up from the JV and the sophomore class.
Running backs are what I am not sure about. The 3 receivers coming back can fly with good hands. The sophomore receiver according to Surratt is the fastest guy on the team.
The defense has a chance to be better in 2021.

Blackshire was a dual-threat. And he had the best RB/best HS athlete I've ever seen (better than even Quan Cosby) in the backfield with him.

Tejastrue
12-09-2020, 07:36 PM
Last post on this site.
Dawgs 45

No disrespect. lol

SintonFan_inAustin
12-09-2020, 09:35 PM
Psst....

Wimberley wins this game.

✅����

Good luck Texans

lostaussie
12-09-2020, 09:39 PM
Psst....

Wimberley wins this game.

✅����

Good luck Texans

Not not not

jason
12-10-2020, 11:25 PM
I'm really disappointed that the Ville did not make a bigger splash in 4a after the drop down. When Carthage lost in the semis to El Campo, I just knew these two would meet in a title game eventually. How are yall looking for next year?
They won a state champs, been to the semi finals twice, and been in the toughest 4a district/region in the state the past two years....
Have to replace QB, RB, and some other skill players. All of OL back though.

cowboyandchrist
12-11-2020, 11:42 PM
Total domination by the Dawg defense.
Wimberly had minus 14 yards rushing and 119 passing.
Wimberley played hard and never quit. They had a chance to make a game of it but the Dawg D grabbed another gear and shut down the Texans.
Congrats to the Texans on a great season, you represented your town and school very well.

ctown81
12-12-2020, 10:11 AM
They won a state champs, been to the semi finals twice, and been in the toughest 4a district/region in the state the past two years....
Have to replace QB, RB, and some other skill players. All of OL back though.

I was just curious. I remember you guys won it the year you dropped and Carthage didn't hold their end of the bargain.

Tejastrue
12-12-2020, 09:10 PM
Total domination by the Dawg defense.
Wimberly had minus 14 yards rushing and 119 passing.
Wimberley played hard and never quit. They had a chance to make a game of it but the Dawg D grabbed another gear and shut down the Texans.
Congrats to the Texans on a great season, you represented your town and school very well.

One last thought. I would think Carthage should be a bit concerned considering how many times the QB was hit/sacked. That is all. Go Dawgs!

Matthew328
12-12-2020, 11:06 PM
That hit on Horton didnt look great....tough kid for coming back in.....Carthage is just a juggernaut, its historical dominance we've seen so far this year

Tejastrue
12-12-2020, 11:28 PM
Which hit? There were many. Dominance on defense..I agree, not the other.

cowboyandchrist
12-13-2020, 12:05 AM
Wimberley did a good job with their rush but you seem to forget the wide open receivers with no one within five yards and they dropped for sure 4 touchdowns. Horton was off on his normal spot on deep passes. The guy has thrown 30 TD with only two interceptions.
The pass rush had nothing to do with dropped passes or over thrown balls. No rain and those passes are on target.

lostaussie
12-13-2020, 07:11 AM
Wimberley did a good job with their rush but you seem to forget the wide open receivers with no one within five yards and they dropped for sure 4 touchdowns. Horton was off on his normal spot on deep passes. The guy has thrown 30 TD with only two interceptions.
The pass rush had nothing to do with dropped passes or over thrown balls. No rain and those passes are on target.

OMG. .........thats just plain obnoxious .

d0tc0m
12-13-2020, 09:27 AM
OMG. .........thats just plain obnoxious .

Yeah that's real bad. And ill-informed. "Horton was off on his normal spot on deep passes." ... it's almost like something was maybe causing him to be off ... like, say, a good pass rush and having been hit several times when he hasn't been used to that all year. Maybe.

Also, rain has little effect on catching the football in modern times with advancements in receivers gloves, which are completely unaffected by moisture. Those gloves nowadays are like wearing duct tape on your hands, man. If the QB is throwing the ball with good velocity and authority, then you can say the rain is not playing a huge factor. Passing games are more disrupted by wind and/or truly cold temperatures when that football gets rock hard and the QB/receivers start to lose touch/feel sensations in their fingers.

This was just a real bad take, C&C. You're becoming a parody of yourself.

oldtownag
12-13-2020, 10:32 AM
Being a homer is one thing but C&C is absolutely obnoxious.

The pass rush caused the errant passes!

lostaussie
12-13-2020, 10:43 AM
Being a homer is one thing but C&C is absolutely obnoxious.

The pass rush caused the errant passes!

I really applaud his enthusiasm.....but damn, no one else in Texas is worthy to play according to him.

Matthew328
12-13-2020, 03:17 PM
Which hit? There were many. Dominance on defense..I agree, not the other.

The one that caused him to leave the game right at the knees...2nd Qtr when it was 14-0 I believe it was #54 coming off the edge while Carthage was trying to set a screen up....surprised he came back in honestly...at first glance looked bad

Dawgs
12-14-2020, 01:40 AM
Yeah that's real bad. And ill-informed. "Horton was off on his normal spot on deep passes." ... it's almost like something was maybe causing him to be off ... like, say, a good pass rush and having been hit several times when he hasn't been used to that all year. Maybe.

Also, rain has little effect on catching the football in modern times with advancements in receivers gloves, which are completely unaffected by moisture. Those gloves nowadays are like wearing duct tape on your hands, man. If the QB is throwing the ball with good velocity and authority, then you can say the rain is not playing a huge factor. Passing games are more disrupted by wind and/or truly cold temperatures when that football gets rock hard and the QB/receivers start to lose touch/feel sensations in their fingers.

This was just a real bad take, C&C. You're becoming a parody of yourself.

I’m not trying to take up for C&C. He doesn’t need anybody to take up for him anyway, he is an unapologetic Dawg homer 😂. But the take is not as bad as you guys are making it out to be.

1st, Wimberley for sure got more pressure and hit Horton more than any team all year. Props to the Wimbo D. They played hard all night. Good looking bunch of young men.

2nd, 3 for sure TD were just dropped or the receiver made a terrible play on the ball. There were more really, but I’ll leave it at 3. All in the 1st half. No pass rush and QB throwing from a clean pocket. One where the receiver stopped running on a good pass. Another where the same receiver just dropped the ball. It hit his hands 3 times, haha. And that same receiver made another bad play on a TD pass in the end zone. With that said that receiver has struggled all year with drops and running bad routes. So that’s on him and the coaching staff. When he can actually make a catch he is special with the ball in his hands, but overall he just can’t catch or run good routes. Plain and simple. If he wasn’t so dynamic when he did catch the ball he would never see the field. So nothing to do with the weather or rain, it was just poor execution. Has happened more than a couple times this year.

You guys hammering C&C should watch the game again. All you have to watch is the 1st half. You can see his point of view as a homer through rose colored glasses. It’s not that bad of a take. It just needs context.

I have seen a couple places where people were not impressed with the offensive performance from Carthage. It’s tough when you score 38 points and people are not impressed, especially when your opponent only scores 7. People expect perfection every time Carthage takes the field. The Dawgs didn’t play a great game, but it was pretty damn dominant. Beat a really good team by 31 in the semi-final. We will take it. Surratt said the same. He knows it wasn’t the QB’s best game, and a lot of that had to do with Wimberley. But there were also quite a few plays where the offense just didn’t execute that really didn’t have much to do with Winberleys’s D. I think Wimberley’s offense can say the same.

Congrats to the Texans on a great season. Maybe we will see you guys again next year.

oldtownag
12-14-2020, 07:10 AM
The reality is when you win by 31 and hold your opponent to 7 points you don't need to go on a message board bragging about how it should have been much worse. Humility plays much better.

d0tc0m
12-14-2020, 08:25 AM
Carthage did a good job with their defense. But Wimberley should have won this game. They left God knows how many touchdowns on the field, man. Their RB AND their receivers had easy touchdowns every single time they touched the football, but for some reason just let themselves get tackled by the Dawgs defenders. And I'm talking easy touchdowns, like all they had to do was make a few guys miss and then outrun some other guys without getting brought down, and they would have scored. Hell, Wimberley didn't even want a first down in the first half. I couldn't understand the strategy at all. Credit Carthage, obviously, but they're not that great. Wimberley should have blown this thing open. Texans could have named their score if their guys wouldn't have been running uncharacteristically right into the arms of the defenders all night.

MUSTANG69
12-14-2020, 12:58 PM
Carthage did a good job with their defense. But Wimberley should have won this game. They left God knows how many touchdowns on the field, man. Their RB AND their receivers had easy touchdowns every single time they touched the football, but for some reason just let themselves get tackled by the Dawgs defenders. And I'm talking easy touchdowns, like all they had to do was make a few guys miss and then outrun some other guys without getting brought down, and they would have scored. Hell, Wimberley didn't even want a first down in the first half. I couldn't understand the strategy at all. Credit Carthage, obviously, but they're not that great. Wimberley should have blown this thing open. Texans could have named their score if their guys wouldn't have been running uncharacteristically right into the arms of the defenders all night.

That's funny

Tejastrue
12-14-2020, 03:07 PM
Yeah, just hilarious.

waterboy
12-15-2020, 10:50 AM

:spitlol::1popcorn:

waterboy
12-15-2020, 10:58 AM

:spitlol::wave::fnypost: