PDA

View Full Version : eagle's win state!

eagleman18
11-17-2001, 03:54 PM
Could this be another state winning year for the Newton eagle's??? Let me know what you think and keep in mind that the only games they've lost this year were to two really good 4A balls clubs, and that was buy a total of five points! They've got an outstanding Defense, I personally think one of the best in state not just from a fan's point of view either. I'm really excited for them it's been a great season so far and hopefully it will continue to be a great one in December. (the eagleman)

3Aroy
11-17-2001, 05:12 PM
The Eagles are really looking good. Logan Greer is making smart decisions with the ball, Will Gulley, Joe David, and Hershel Alfred are making big plays, the O-line is looking good, and the defense IS AWESOME. The defense has had a great year. They held one of the best offenses in 4A (Jasper) to just 250 total yards. In the past four games Newton has held the opponent to under 100 total yards. All four of those were shutouts. Sealy better bring some magic dust with them because Newton is ready for revenge, and it could get ugly FAST!

Newton-28
Sealy-6

[This message has been edited by 3Aroy (edited November 17, 2001).]

Tiger Turtle
11-17-2001, 09:36 PM
Be careful what you wish for - you might get it. I know Newton has a fine ballclub, but LaGrange, Cuero, and Rice all thought they were going to win state, too. Forget revenge, that 82-6 accident was a long time ago and I'm sure Coach Barbay has better things to think about than one bad game 5 years back.

3Aroy
11-17-2001, 11:25 PM
I don't think we need to think that we are going to win state. We have a good team and the playoffs ARE going to be tough. We have to take it ONE week at a time. Coach Barbay isn't thinking about 5 years ago. He is thinking about Friday night, but we have been waiting for this game all year long. You can expect Newton to come out and play their best football Friday at SHSU. It COULD get ugly fast.

[This message has been edited by 3Aroy (edited November 17, 2001).]