PDA

View Full Version : SE TEXANS on 3A Texas Sportswriters- All State

Old Cardinal
07-04-2003, 07:37 PM
Hunter "Homerun" Hays was one of two Sophomores making the first team of the Texas Sports Writers Association All-State Baseball Team. He was in his second year of quality Varsity baseball, with two more seasons to go. Bridge City is proud of this fine young athlete. Senior, James Northcutt, of Barbers Hill, made the team also as an Outfielder. Others, recognized were: Matt Hebert, 2nd base, Hamshire-Fannett; Jamey Knight, Shortstop, Bridge City, Derek Blacksher, Pitcher, Bridge City; Philip Lynch, Pitcher/SS, Hamshire-Fannett....Hays also looks to be a prominent contributor to the BC football program in the next few seasons...Jamey Knight, who was voted the MVP, of the Texas North/South Baseball game, has received a College baseball scholarship.

<small>[ July 04, 2003, 07:53 PM: Message edited by: Old Cardinal ]</small>

exbccards76'smom
07-05-2003, 09:10 AM
congrats to all the guys who made the team. Hunter is a good baseball player. Good luck to Derek and Jamey at Panola next year. :D

Old Cardinal
07-05-2003, 11:55 AM
I agree excardMom, those two will do fine. I think Frenchy also has a scholarship offer, someone needed a 6' 6" First Baseman. That is great when all three of your graduating Baseball players, get to go to College on their skills. Did you see, Jamey Knight tied as co-MVP, for the 17-18 year old Babe Ruth organization? With only three graduations off the team, I think they will be strong again at this 3A level ball.

exbccards76'smom
07-06-2003, 08:09 AM
I am proud of all those guys. I imagine that they will be the last class of boys that played sports with my son. But, time goes on. :D

mjbf
07-07-2003, 01:44 PM
Where can I find this 3A TSWA/CollinStreet Bakery All-State team listed? Thanks for info!