PDA

View Full Version : Celina has really struggled this year!

Celina8
10-15-2020, 09:52 AM
My Bobcats are off to their worse season that I have seen in 20 years as they have only won 1 game and I think they will miss the playoffs for the first time in I don't know how many years. I got a lot of text from different folks after they got beat by Aubrey as no one could remember when the last time Aubrey beat us. It was sometime in the 80's if I remember correctly. I not sure there will be any changes for the program , but there has been more discussion on that topic than I have heard in many years.

Bosqueville
10-15-2020, 01:13 PM
My Bobcats are off to their worse season that I have seen in 20 years as they have only won 1 game and I think they will miss the playoffs for the first time in I don't know how many years. I got a lot of text from different folks after they got beat by Aubrey as no one could remember when the last time Aubrey beat us. It was sometime in the 80's if I remember correctly. I not sure there will be any changes for the program , but there has been more discussion on that topic than I have heard in many years.

Really surprising honestly. They have played some tough competition but man... it's ugly right now and I would think the powers that be will think long and hard about the direction of the program.

d0tc0m
10-15-2020, 02:42 PM

First time to lose to Aubrey since 1993. It was surprising, for sure.

I don't know how you arrived at the conclusion that they'll miss the playoffs, but they 100% will make the playoffs, unless they are forced to forfeit anything because of COVID.

If the season doesn't turn around, there will be quite a bit of grumbling, and with good reason. This is a young Celina team, but they have a ton of talent, so to only have one win is more than somewhat shocking. But there's still time to put together some wins. Apart from Aubrey, the rest of the district is fairly weak. The Chaps had a surprising amount of talent and speed, and they were fired up for that game. Celina looked asleep from the time they got off the bus until the time they got back on it. That falls squarely on the shoulders of the coaches. Period. The team just wasn't ready to play. You could tell 21 days had passed between the Bobcats' games. It was very obvious after that loss that Coach Elliot should have done a bit more to find a game for the Bobcats one of the two weeks they had open.

d0tc0m
10-15-2020, 02:55 PM

Just to clarify, this is the worst start for Celina in 37 years, actually. You'd have to go all the way back to 1983 (a few years before I was even born) to find as bad of a start to the season. Those Bobcats went 2-9. Celina has made the playoffs for just shy of 30 years in a row now. They're near the top of the list in all of Texas for consecutive years in the postseason. You can quell your fears a bit, Celina8, because that streak will stay in tact for at least another season.