PDA

View Full Version : Week 8:District 16 D2 Robstown Cotton Pickers at Ingleside Mustangs

SintonFan_inAustin
10-13-2020, 01:08 PM
Robstown 1-0, 1-4 and Ingleside 0-0, 5-1

Last Week
Robstown 18 West Oso 10
Ingleside idle

Robstown quiet win in district can put itself in position for a playoff spot with another upset.
Ingleside with a win sets up next week district battle at Sinton for district lead if Sinton wins this week at West Oso.

Mustangs seen few times on video of their games but haven't seen nothing on Robstown.

Ingleside has been putting up points only game i was somewhat surprise didn't win by much was a winless Carrizo Springs team.

99IHSMustang
10-13-2020, 04:42 PM
In my opinion Ingleside hasn't really shown to be that type of a consistent team you could confidently say that this game is a W for sure. I like that they have had some game winning drives, but I believe their opponents records are not that great either. If they beat RF or Sinton, I would be more impressed. One game at a time as they say.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-13-2020, 07:37 PM
Offensively they showed they have some players against Uvalde and like how they move the ball against Miller in a scrimmage. Heading in right direction and putting W's . Both Sinton and Ingleside win this week it's going to be like several years ago when they would decide the district.

99IHSMustang
10-14-2020, 09:49 AM
Offensively they showed they have some players against Uvalde and like how they move the ball against Miller in a scrimmage. Heading in right direction and putting W's . Both Sinton and Ingleside win this week it's going to be like several years ago when they would decide the district.

I would like to see the competitive rivalry with Sinton get started again. Those were always fun.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-14-2020, 12:02 PM
I would like to see the competitive rivalry with Sinton get started again. Those were always fun.

yep.

Know anything about Robstown, thought they lost most of their starters from last season.

99IHSMustang
10-14-2020, 02:29 PM
yep.

Know anything about Robstown, thought they lost most of their starters from last season.

I really don't know anything about them. Robstown and Ingleside both played TM and Carrizo Springs. Robstown didn't score on either one of them, but they gave up close to the same number of points as Ingleside.

SintonFan_inAustin
10-14-2020, 02:48 PM
Just saw it was Robstown first district win since 2013! Didn't realize it had been that long. Any live stream on this matchup?

99IHSMustang
10-14-2020, 08:58 PM
Haven't seen anything yet, but we will see if Rio Sports Live will cover it.

MUSTANG69
10-15-2020, 03:47 PM
Not making excuses but Ingleside did not have our big RB in the Aransas Pass and Carrizo Springs games. Lost our starting QB after game 2. Backup QB has worked out very fine for a sophomore. He has a strong arm in contrast to the original QB that could not hardly pass at all. 99IHS is correct. We have been not been very consistent.

MUSTANG69
10-15-2020, 03:50 PM

i don't know if we are good enough to make it seem like a rivalry game but that was sure fun when the Sinton/Ingleside rivalry was going on. I, too, would like to see those days again. Maybe some of the old Ingleside/Sinton posters would come back to the forum.

99IHSMustang
10-16-2020, 09:49 PM
Final: Ingleside 44 Robstown 0

MUSTANG69
10-17-2020, 04:59 PM
Robstown had less than 100 yds offense and very few first downs. What they did get was with their starters against Ingleside's subs in the second half.