PDA

View Full Version : monahans vs. snyder

lobo12
11-08-2003, 11:36 PM
what are some of yalls predictions

stripes
11-09-2003, 11:07 AM
Snyder By 14

Every district 3-3A opponent Monahans has faced they have lost to, Merkel, Seminole, and even Lamesa. Snyder has been racking up alot of points and giving up very few of late and has a running back that has proven to be the real deal ( well over 150yds vs Denver city) . I saw the snyder monahans game last year and Snyder dominated most of the game with monahans moving the ball only on one drive with a couple of huge penalties ( I remember them punting on 3rd down several times )My brother had a kid on that team and they were very fortunate to come away with the victory. The difference was a PAT. Snyder's running game has been very hard to stop.

<small>[ November 09, 2003, 10:12 AM: Message edited by: stripes ]</small>

LG-all-the-way
11-09-2003, 01:17 PM
Good luck to the LOBOS in their game against Synder......i used to go to MHS before graduating at LaGrange High School.....I personally admire how friendly those peole in monahans are knowing quiet alot of them ..lol.....GOOD LUCK LOBOS!!! :D

wildstangs
11-09-2003, 01:23 PM
Monahans seems to be very inconsistent. They won their district and beat a very good Greenwood team. On the other hand, they lost to district 3-3A's whipping boy Lamesa. Merkel and Seminole beat them also as someone mentioned above. I gotta go with Snyder in this one. Things could be different though depending on which Monahans team shows up.

Knightmoon
11-09-2003, 06:38 PM
Should be a good game. I have seen both teams play Merkel. I don't think you can compare last year to anything with these two teams. I personally think this year's Monahans team is better than last year's. On the other hand, Snyder has been building momentum. I am going to go with Snyder, because I believe they are more balanced. Snyder may have just a tad better defense.

hound22
11-10-2003, 10:08 AM
I am going with Snyder. Snyder can do more this year than they could last year. You cant stack the line anymore because of their ability to throw and their ability to get outside. Also Snyder's defense has played well the past few weeks.

Wtx_coach
11-10-2003, 11:16 AM
I will take Monahans by 10

Monahans team is far better then last years team, Monahans struggled early on in the season with their new offense, they did lose to Lamesa with Lamesa only getting 2 first downs the whole entire ball game, Snyders offense is to simple for that Monahans defense thats why im going with Monahans on this one!!

1 ranger fan
11-10-2003, 11:59 AM
This should be a good game. We played both teams and it will be a close game.
Sounds like Monahans had some turnover problems early in the year. I know when we played them they didn't make any mistakes. Pretty good football team I think. Good luck to both teams. When is the game? Hope its friday so I can go.

Ranger Mom
11-10-2003, 12:23 PM
It's Friday at Grande!

I think we are going to Odessa and watch Sweetwater and Kermit play!

Wtx_coach
11-10-2003, 01:06 PM
Ranger Mom:
It's Friday at Grande!

I think we are going to Odessa and watch Sweetwater and Kermit play!\

Hey ranger mom , not to be mean or anything but why Sweetwater and kermit, is it because you guys might meet up with sweetwater, well I hope so because the snyder/monahans ballgamw will be a good one!!!

Ranger Mom
11-10-2003, 02:23 PM
Wtx_coach:

Ranger Mom:
It's Friday at Grande!

I think we are going to Odessa and watch Sweetwater and Kermit play!\

Hey ranger mom , not to be mean or anything but why Sweetwater and kermit, is it because you guys might meet up with sweetwater, well I hope so because the snyder/monahans ballgamw will be a good one!!!We debated on which one to go to. My husband wants to go see Kermit/Sweetwater for the exact reason you stated! We just want to see how they (Sweetwater) are looking since we played them in September.

Plus....we don't have to take out a loan to eat at Ratliff.

For all of you going to Grande who plan on eating or drinking there, be prepared to pay some BIG bucks!!!

<small>[ November 10, 2003, 01:25 PM: Message edited by: Ranger Mom ]</small>

hound22
11-10-2003, 02:26 PM
I am just curious what is so simple about SNYDERS Offense. There is no one player to key on and they are very balanced as far as pass and run goes. The thing that has impressed me most about the tigers this season is their ability to mix it up.
Wtx_coach:

Monahans team is far better then last years team, Monahans struggled early on in the season with their new offense, they did lose to Lamesa with Lamesa only getting 2 first downs the whole entire ball game, Snyders offense is to simple for that Monahans defense thats why im going with Monahans on this one!!

Wtx_coach
11-10-2003, 06:35 PM
hound22:
I am just curious what is so simple about SNYDERS Offense. There is no one player to key on and they are very balanced as far as pass and run goes. The thing that has impressed me most about the tigers this season is their ability to mix it up.
Wtx_coach:

Monahans team is far better then last years team, Monahans struggled early on in the season with their new offense, they did lose to Lamesa with Lamesa only getting 2 first downs the whole entire ball game, Snyders offense is to simple for that Monahans defense thats why im going with Monahans on this one!!House 22, i know they have many players that you cant key on, but Snyder is run oriented and want to run the ball as much as possible, to me they are very predictible on what they are going to do, thats why I think Monahans had a easy time defensivly last year and I think they will again with their stout defense!!

stripes
11-10-2003, 09:21 PM
Wtx_coach:

Monahans team is far better then last years team, Monahans struggled early on in the season with their new offense, they did lose to Lamesa with Lamesa only getting 2 first downs the whole entire ball game, Snyders offense is to simple for that Monahans defense thats why im going with Monahans on this one!!Well Lamesa is no game to brag about. They Shut Monahans out. You have not seen snyder's tail back have you. I guess your in for a shocker on friday night LOL. I dont think you will think It is such a Simple offense if they put up 35 - 40 points on the board. Simple offense is not a word I would use to decribe it. Have you actually seen them this year??

Wtx_coach
11-10-2003, 10:27 PM
stripes:

Wtx_coach:

Monahans team is far better then last years team, Monahans struggled early on in the season with their new offense, they did lose to Lamesa with Lamesa only getting 2 first downs the whole entire ball game, Snyders offense is to simple for that Monahans defense thats why im going with Monahans on this one!!Well Lamesa is no game to brag about. They Shut Monahans out. You have not seen snyder's tail back have you. I guess your in for a shocker on friday night LOL. I dont think you will think It is such a Simple offense if they put up 35 - 40 points on the board. Simple offense is not a word I would use to decribe it. Have you actually seen them this year??Stripes wasnt last years running back from Snyder supposed to run all over them , and yes I have seen them on film and they are a good ball club, but I really doubt they will even put up more then 21 points on the board, Coach Hanna has his boys ready to play in the playoffs every year, Its going to be a great ball game but I still have to go with he LOBOES on this one!!

lobo12
11-10-2003, 11:20 PM
thanks

Curly
11-11-2003, 11:52 AM
Wells from Snyder v Sweetwater
15 carries
51 yards
no TD's

1 ranger fan
11-11-2003, 01:11 PM
Hey guys don't pay any attention to Wtx coach. He is the one that said Pecos was for real and was going to be the surprise team in our district.

Wtx_coach
11-11-2003, 03:18 PM
1 ranger fan:
Hey guys don't pay any attention to Wtx coach. He is the one that said Pecos was for real and was going to be the surprise team in our district.Hey 1 ranger fan, you were the one saying that you guys were going to beat Monahans by 20 points or more LOL, and I bet once you havent posted that Monahans had the ball in the red zone 3 times and didnt score, oh yea I bet you havent posted that you guys were up by 14 points either,were you one of those spoiled fans booing at the end of the game begging for calls when Monahans kicked yalls butt all over the field, I bet your happy they are in D1 huh,dont come one here talking crap son, later

Ranger Mom
11-11-2003, 04:52 PM
I don't really consider 34-35 a "butt kicking"!!

I also remember the Monahans fans booing the refs at half-time, so I guess they are "spoiled" too??

Greenwood didn't play worth a crap that night, and deserved to lose. That's the way it goes!!

Wtx_coach
11-11-2003, 05:48 PM
I never did say the score ranger mom, but if you did see the game Monahans was dominating you guys most of the night, you guys had no clue on defense that night, beleive me Im pulling for you guys but when someone comes on here and talks crap I WILL LET THEM KNOW!!

1 ranger fan
11-11-2003, 06:15 PM
Let me tell you who is talking. You sent me a message and called me a punk when I said that I didn't think that Pecos was going to be that good. That was my opinion. I have the right to share that. Obviously I was right. You started this. Yes I thought Greenwood would beat monahans. But if you would pay attention you will also see that I said that our defense has not been very good all year. We are better today and will be better tomorrow. IF you call that domination then you are a bigger idiot than I thought. Whose band wagon will you be on next. You want domination were you at the GW vs. Pecos game? enough said.

stripes
11-11-2003, 09:46 PM
Hey Curly you can knock The Wells kid if you like but being that he is the leading rusher in the District with about 12yds/rush you may not want to say too much. After all Sweetwater was helped just a little bit with the two snyder turnovers DEEP in snyder territory...

As for the Snyder Monahans game. Snyder has proven that when they come to play and take care of the football , they are tough to beat. they have the #1 offense in the district ( one of the best districts in the state in 3a ). and a D that has been shutting people down of late with verry little yards. getting better every week is looks like

stripes
11-15-2003, 01:46 PM
Wtx_coach:

Monahans team is far better then last years team, Monahans struggled early on in the season with their new offense, they did lose to Lamesa with Lamesa only getting 2 first downs the whole entire ball game, Snyders offense is to simple for that Monahans defense thats why im going with Monahans on this one!!Well now that simple predictable offense put up 26 pts and over 350 yds offense on the loboes. The defense to talk about on this one was the Tiger D. Snyder I believe had two backs ( one was the QB ) at or over 100 yds.

stripes
11-15-2003, 05:05 PM
ttt