PDA

View Full Version : Running out...........

3afan2K3
10-05-2003, 12:00 AM
How does your team run out? Forney's cheerleaders usually make one of those big signs that they run through it thats about it

lepfan
10-05-2003, 12:06 AM
LG just got a new sign...it is a cloth one they will use every year...they guys run through it and it splits (velcro) the cheerleaders follow the players... a couple of them do flips all the way...makes be dizzy just to watch them. Our guys then line up on sideline join hands(TEAM) as our captains(with joined hands) walk to the center of the field for the coin toss.

Wbulldogs
10-05-2003, 12:11 AM
lepfan:
LG just got a new sign...it is a cloth one they will use every year...they guys run through it and it splits (velcro) the cheerleaders follow the players... a couple of them do flips all the way...makes be dizzy just to watch them. Our guys then line up on sideline join hands(TEAM) as our captains(with joined hands) walk to the center of the field for the coin toss.same at wylie

Gobbla2001
10-05-2003, 12:13 AM
On Wed or Thu our art class will start working on a run through sign and it'll be finished by the last period of class on Friday... It's almost sad that the signs have to be ran through, 99% of 'em are awesome art-work...

Anyway, that's the run-through sign for the first half... After half-time they break out of the cloth connected with velcro...

On home games at the start of the game our drill team will line up on both sides of the ball parallel to each other and the guys will bust through and run to the middle of the field and do their jumpin' etc...

On home game second-halves and both halves of away games the group of drill team members on the other team's side of the sign will lign up paralell to the sideline and the drill team members on our side will slant towords the sideline and our guys run to the sideline...

There we go...

lepfan
10-05-2003, 12:24 AM
Our drill team lines up on both sides in front of the sign ... I forgot to add that... they wave their pom poms and clap with the band as they are playing the LG fight song...WE, in the stands, just whoop and holler and look for our fav players :D

<small>[ October 05, 2003, 12:24 AM: Message edited by: lepfan ]</small>

sinton66
10-05-2003, 01:24 AM
Sinton has a tunnel and smoke and they come out to that "death bell" song. Years ago, we had a handmade cannon that fired two twelve guage shotgun shells (blanks) at once. That thing was loud. Wish they still used that. Used to fire it every score too. At one time we had a motorized Pirate ship (built onto a golf cart) that would cruise back and forth in front of the crowd.

Ranger Mom
10-05-2003, 09:20 AM
Greenwood got a tunnel this year that they run through. The velcro run-thru sign is placed at the end of the tunnel.

A few years back me and some of my "mom friends" would make the paper run-thru signs for the second qt. (I have an overhead projecter and would make them up on the computer first, so they were very detailed). Some of the boys (who are now long gone) made the comment they felt like they were back in PeeWee football. So we stopped doing that.

Gobbla2001
10-05-2003, 09:57 AM
Yah, Sinton and the smoke...

Someone in ths stands at the Sinton game that night asked 'They have smoke coming out?'... And instead of being a smart-A and saying 'Where in the heck have you been the last 5 years of Texas High School Football', I just said "Yah, they hired Cheech and Chong to put it 'Up In Smoke'"...

Don't think they got it...

renegade*dawg
10-06-2003, 03:44 PM
In Clyde, they walk out of the dressing room and we have students (some of them we call '"jerks" they dress really crazy), parents, and fans line up against the fence as they walk down to the entrance of the field. we have a smoke machine and velcro sign.
I miss the paper signs. Ballinger always has the big paper signs, they are awesome.

CatWoman
10-06-2003, 04:36 PM
I was just about to comment on Ballinger's big run through signs. I still get chills every time they stand the sign up.