PDA

View Full Version : Week 7 District Opener - La Grange (3-2) @ Cuero (2-3)

Scoop27
10-03-2020, 12:07 PM
Should be a close one

Audio Webcast links
http://www.kvlgkbuk.com/
https://gobblersports.com/

Pudlugger
10-06-2020, 08:41 AM
Yes this will be an exciting game probably decided by one possession. I like how we match up to the Gobblers' offense. Our D has been playing well against the spread and Pistol type formations and passing game. The Gobblers offensive sets are similar to LG's so it will be a familiar look for our defense. If we can get two or three stops in this game our offense should be able to take advantage so I'll take the Leopards in this one by 7.

Old Green
10-06-2020, 10:04 AM
I like the Gobblers in this one. They have been getting better each game especially on defense. The 7 sophomores brought up from the JV after the LaVernia game are starting to adjust to the speed of varsity play. Two of three offensive lineman injured before season started are suppose to be back.

Both teams are evenly matched and and expect a good close game. Gobblers by 3 points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pudlugger
10-06-2020, 02:50 PM
Is this game going to be live streamed video like the last game?

Old Green
10-06-2020, 02:52 PM
Is this game going to be live streamed video like the last game?

Yes. CueroISD on Youtube

Pudlugger
10-06-2020, 06:24 PM
Thanks Old Green this is going to be a great game no matter the winner. Mrs P doesn't want to travel due to the 'rona so she's been dropping me off at home games and I've been listening on the radio to away games. LG has two starting Qbs and one was out after week one but was back last week, #10 Matthew Johnson. He has great speed and can throw the ball on the fly. He adds a threat on the sweeps. Our other Qb #3 Caden Cooper has been very effective passing deep and on the keeper and both get equal playing time. He is bigger taller and more physical than Johnson but not as fast. Now that we're healthy all around we should be ready for a great start in district.

Pudlugger
10-10-2020, 08:08 PM
Great game last night Old Green. The Gobblers played a very disciplined game with no turnovers and only a couple of 5 yard penalties. LG on the other hand had 4 interceptions and a fumble on their own 1 yard line. Then, after both Qbs Cooper and Johnson were out with injuries all the 2nd half, our 3rd string qb did his best to keep it close. Taylor, our rb, had close to 200 yards rushing with 3 long gainers for tds but it wasn't enough with the offense turning it over so many times wearing down the defense. Cuero is a very physical team and well coached. The Qb and WRs were killing us and he had all day with your big OL blocking. Looks like everything has come together just at the right time for the Gobblers. Good luck the rest of the way! Cheers!

Old Green
10-11-2020, 08:42 AM
Great game last night Old Green. The Gobblers played a very disciplined game with no turnovers and only a couple of 5 yard penalties. LG on the other hand had 4 interceptions and a fumble on their own 1 yard line. Then, after both Qbs Cooper and Johnson were out with injuries all the 2nd half, our 3rd string qb did his best to keep it close. Taylor, our rb, had close to 200 yards rushing with 3 long gainers for tds but it wasn't enough with the offense turning it over so many times wearing down the defense. Cuero is a very physical team and well coached. The Qb and WRs were killing us and he had all day with your big OL blocking. Looks like everything has come together just at the right time for the Gobblers. Good luck the rest of the way! Cheers!

Yes, it was a great game Pud by both teams. Both teams were very physical. RB Taylor is a stud. Very hard to tackle and once he got passed the linebackers his speed was unmatched by the Gobblers secondary. I didn’t realize both LG Qb’s were injured during the game and the 3rd stringer was in. He played a very commendable job. The 5 turnovers hurt the LG cause a lot. The young Gobblers seems to be learning the new offense and it’s different schemes well. The defense has played well. I pray the LG Qb’s were not seriously injured and will be back in the lineup this week. LG has a great team.