PDA

View Full Version : Liberty 31 Bridge City 29 Final

BH_146
09-05-2003, 10:30 PM
Wow, what a finish! Liberty scores on the final play of the game. A 36 yard pass play according to the radio announcers. Stated a BC defender fell down and the Liberty receiver walked in from the 3.

hsfan
09-05-2003, 10:40 PM
congrats liberty!!!!!!

X21AAAPlayer
09-05-2003, 10:56 PM
Last play of the game... Can you beleive that.. What a finish. Too bad the defender fell down he would have had a good shot at intercepting the pass or at least tipping it away.

<small>[ September 05, 2003, 10:58 PM: Message edited by: X21AAAPlayer ]</small>

exbccards76'smom
09-05-2003, 11:08 PM
I am very proud of the way our guys played tonight. Every week we get a little better. Just have to learn to keep the intensity up until the final play is done. HOLD YOUR HEADS UP HIGH, YOU PLAYED A GREAT GAME.

FBmania
09-05-2003, 11:11 PM
Congrats to Liberty. Wow, the last play of the game. When I heard the score at halftime I thought those young sophs and jrs for BC are learning quick. Old Card a tough loss for the Cards, but it sounds like Tarver is rounding those guys into shape.

ALLSPORTSGUY
09-05-2003, 11:17 PM
I was real impressed at the talent BC has, Tarver seems to be mixing it up a bit. They still made some silly mistakes but I would say 100% better than last week.

3ABirdMan
09-05-2003, 11:30 PM
A VERY good ballgame....(except for the last play?) :D

For BC, we put together several long sustained drives, chewing up yardage and the clock. It looked like a totally different team from last week. We actually had a kicking game tonight, also, which didn't punt and leave the ball on the short side of the field. Nobody wants to come away on the short side, but it was a "victory" in the sense that we looked like a team, and played harder, longer, with more intensity. An A+ for all but the score - A much better game than anticipated.

For Liberty, the ground game was less than I expected, but the AIR ATTACK was AWESOME!. QB Smart has great vision and touch, can scoot on the ground when needed, and the receivers made some excellent catches. Great pass blocking also. The "BOcomotive" had a good game, but he was not as dominating as I expected him to be. I'm sure that he will turn it up a notch as the season goes on.

All in all, a victory for both teams! And this game should be a lesson to anyone who EVER leaves early! wink

j_dog
09-05-2003, 11:42 PM
Wow, what a shoot-out!

exbccards76'smom
09-05-2003, 11:44 PM
I'm hoarse from the last 2 minutes by themselves.

Old Cardinal
09-06-2003, 12:08 AM
WOW, What a good ballgame-decided on a "hail Mary" pass thrown on the last second of play. I was proud of the BC team; they seem to have gotten rid of the "deer in the headlight" look that they had the week before. Lack of experience, still produced some crucial mistakes; but that "heart-of-a-Champion" is starting to show, they will just get better and better. If you really think about it; they should not have been able to challenge a proven Playoff team that returned such a contingency of seasoned players....For Liberty, they should be a very viable Division II playoff team, when they develop a running game to go with their awesome passing attack. Tarver, stuck to his guns with multiple QB's and running backs. ALL IN ALL A GREAT GAME, BOTH TEAMS GAVE IT THEIR ALL!!

<small>[ September 06, 2003, 12:12 AM: Message edited by: Old Cardinal ]</small>

Rabbit'93
09-06-2003, 12:15 AM
Sounds like an awesome game. Good luck next week.

hsffan
09-06-2003, 12:31 AM
I listened to the last couple of minutes, what a game.Congrats to Liberty and BC for one heck of game.

exbccards76'smom
09-06-2003, 12:57 AM
In my books, probably the best game of the night.

trojandad
09-06-2003, 12:59 AM
You Liberty guys were due a last minute win, especially after that game with us last year. Congrats Panthers.

LP57
09-06-2003, 01:04 AM
first off i gatta tip my hat to you guys. yall gave us a run for our money a little more than we expected but it was a close one and we came out with the W. good luck on your season and maybe we'll see each other again

LP57
09-06-2003, 01:16 AM
also not trying to disrespect you guys but yall did get some missed calls from those horrible refs. there was a few holding calls and a few blocks in the back that went unseen but overall still a good game

panther_pride_04
09-06-2003, 01:38 AM
Thanks for the competition Bridge City....better than I expected.... Good luck with yalls season....

RBARKER
09-06-2003, 01:55 AM
Congrats to Liberty sounds like it was a good game. BC looks as your team is getting better and better keep your heads high. I think 22-3a won the battle of the districts tonight way to go 22-3A!!!

exbccards76'smom
09-06-2003, 08:06 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by LP57:
<strong>also not trying to disrespect you guys but yall did get some missed calls from those horrible refs. there was a few holding calls and a few blocks in the back that went unseen but overall still a good game</strong>[/QUOTE

There were missed calls on both sides, but that is gonna happen. Good luck to ya'll in the rest of the season.

trojandad
09-06-2003, 02:29 PM
I know comparing games is comparing apples to oranges, but Liberty was 2 TD's better than Silsbee, as was Jasper, so if BC played Liberty this close, are Liberty, Jasper and BC that close at this point in time? I'm thinking the BC-Liberty game was more indicative of reality and the Silsbee-Liberty game was Liberty playing an exceptional game, maybe a little above normal. I know it sounds like I'm dissing Liberty, which I'm not, just makes for a curious status quo. Guess I just haven't bought into the Liberty smack yet. I believe they are tough as nails but even the BC posters on here didn't think BC would be that close for that long.

I'm with RBarker, I think the district is going to swing with each game this year. Heck, Shepherd might even come into play somewhere. Their running back is as good as any in the district.

LP57
09-06-2003, 03:09 PM
i agree with you trojandad. there might be some upsets in this district but honestly i think we could have beaten bridge city by more last night. we didnt play nearly as well and we could have offensively and on defense also. the reason being, i think we took them a little to lightly but all that matters is that we got the w. and yes that running back is pretty good for sheperd. if they ever get an offense they could help my cousin out

LP57
09-06-2003, 03:14 PM
i mean a defense

Eagles52
09-06-2003, 03:18 PM
just a question for liberty...whats the breakdown as far as number of senior juniors etc.?

Old Cardinal
09-06-2003, 03:20 PM
To TrojanDad: I don't think we know what we have in BC at this time. We gave Silsbee a draw game in a scrimmage and that was with many kids, at that point in time, that had not ever played on Friday night! When you have only one return starter on Offense, we would all rightfully assume it would take more than a couple of games to get any hint as to their potential for the District play. Right now, they are just learning to play as a team. I have the highest admiration for the handful of Seniors at BC, they made few or no mistakes; yet they never seemed impatient with their young collegues, and seemed to be able to control their frustrations in a positive way! All I know is- a bunch of thrown-together kids carried the ballgame to Liberty, a good playoff level proven team...I will say however, they have a bunch of raw speed, by a lot of assorted people. Gauthier, broke one down the sideline for 60 yards and the secondary looked like they were standing still.... Jasper is in the same boat, they have the athletes, it is just an open question as to when they are going to be able to optimize that potential and learn to not make simple mistakes..We are being patient in both Jasper and Bridge City, we know it is a total rebuilding year, and we just have to support our kids, as they go through the growing pains...

<small>[ September 06, 2003, 03:23 PM: Message edited by: Old Cardinal ]</small>

LP57
09-06-2003, 03:25 PM
as of the number not exactly concrete but we have about 13 srs with about 10 us starting. we have about 10 jrs and a few sophmores.

Eagles52
09-06-2003, 03:36 PM
ok thanks LP57

LP57
09-06-2003, 03:40 PM
how about you guys eagle 52. and are you a player? b/c if you are i was wonder if a player named ryan murry was starting this yr for you guys?

Eagles52
09-06-2003, 05:53 PM
lol that is way too funny that you should ask about ryan murray...he quit recently and I moved up and now have his old number...I'm really not sure but I would say starters we have about 12 seniors, a sophomore qb and off. tackle and the rest I think are juniors